A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance

You’ve destroyed me in this debate with that reference to a single Scoop jump shot.
Poor decision making was par for the course with Scoop. It was a running joke with him while he was here. Don't be obtuse.

Is anyone surprised by Judah? He’s been a constant problem with the ball all season, and especially when it matters. He cannot dribble and is not aware of help defenders.

Going off of this. People, players included, read this board. Just in the past week, two football recruits posted their threads on their respective Twitter pages. Criticism is one thing, but tearing players down is another. Reading the site right now, you'd think he was the Alabama player that got charged with capital murder. Y'all are going to learn one way or another.
I tried to be nice to Coach Boeheim last week and it turned into a bash him thread from some people. I have no problem keeping it real when people deserve it but Judah Mintz doesn’t deserve this thread.

We weren’t expecting this to be a win and played really well. I am not going to freak out. I think we are actually a decent team.

This thread stinks. Judah Mintz doesn’t deserve this criticism. He made some mistakes but the team played well and lost to a better team.
Very few people expected this to be a win. This kids has been excellent he didn’t have the worst minutes ever. He did struggle but we aren’t in this game without him.
No it does not. He has good stats. He does not make this team better in any way in the half court

He’ll learn from it and positive development will come from it in the long run

But it was indefensible to leave him in the game. You are putting a freshman in a position to fail.

And Symir was giving us solid minutes all game.
Will he, though?

He takes some of the worst, low percentage shots I've seen. And he's repeatedly melted down in crunch time so far this year - it doesn't appear that he's learned much from those prior games.

This thread stinks. Judah Mintz doesn’t deserve this criticism. He made some mistakes but the team played well and lost to a better team.
Very few people expected this to be a win. This kids has been excellent he didn’t have the worst minutes ever. He did struggle but we aren’t in this game without him.
It’s that he’s now made those mistakes on 4 occasions…

Not meaning to pile on here, but why doesn’t Judah use the backboard on his drives, especially to the right? I watched the nd game right before tonight. He had like 5-7 drives that he floated up from the right without using the backboard.

Corey said he was an nba player
You all ever hear of the d-league? Mintz will get very familiar with it if he goes pro, but at least he will get paid… It will be NIL vs d league.

The real issue is whether a) he will ever learn to shoot and b) whether he will learn to run an offense at Syracuse. Jury is out on both.

I remember Scoop Jardine playing a major role in losing the Butler S16 game with an ill advised three late that swung the remainder of the contest. For a board that claims to know the history of the program, the memories are short.

Mintz had a poor performance tonight. He's allowed that. No defending the last play.

oh come on. scoop was great in 2010, huge part of that team. the whole team melted down the end of the butler game. mintz by himself lost this game with selfish garbage plays.

oh come on. scoop was great in 2010, huge part of that team. the whole team melted down the end of the butler game. mintz by himself lost this game with selfish garbage plays.
For some reason Mintz has been anointed an NBA player. Scoop was lightyears better. Lets be real.

Is Judah gassed at the end of games?
Seems that's when his mind gets derailed.
Or is he trying to do too much, auditioning for the next level?
I don't know what the problem is.
It's hard to watch, and I feel bad for the kid -he must be crushed after that.
JB obviously is OK continuing to give the ball to Judah to win games
Lot of pressure with unfortunate results.

Jaden Ivey two year plan.

Spend all off-season working on the jumper and the game will slow down as a point guard next season.
1. Perimeter jumper
2. Drive and kick
3. Drive and read the rotations and help - kick? lob? bounce pass? Pull up? Floater? Hard to the rack?
4. Weight room

That’s his off season improvement plan, IMO. In no particular order.

Is Judah gassed at the end of games?
Seems that's when his mind gets derailed.
Or is he trying to do too much, auditioning for the next level?
I don't know what the problem is.
It's hard to watch, and I feel bad for the kid -he must be crushed after that.
JB obviously is OK continuing to give the ball to Judah to win games
Lot of pressure with unfortunate results.
He’s probably used to just being able to go by people and get to the rack or to the line with the game on the line.

He’s been able to do it this year against some of the crappier teams or with refs calling it tighter.

To be fair, Flynn would do the same things - he was just physically stronger and faster so he’d be often be able to do it against better teams too.

1. Perimeter jumper
2. Drive and kick
3. Drive and read the rotations and help - kick? lob? bounce pass? Pull up? Floater? Hard to the rack?
4. Weight room

That’s his off season improvement plan, IMO. In no particular order.
Also, the next time one of our guys drives, jump stops because it’s crowded, pivots, and kicks out and maybe back to someone who otherwise wouldn’t have been in the line of sight, will be the first. Nova’s guards under Wright KILLED with fundamental stuff like that.

In other words, can we offer all the money we can possibly offer to Jay Wright? Please?

Maybe Judah and Benny, being pals, are somehow taking turns.
Benny showed signs of coming around tonight, and Judah looked the the one who's lost.
Be nice to see them both get it together to help SU get some big W's this season.
They are freshmen -and yes Judah had an ugly game but we were playing #17 away and nearly beat them.
Maybe Judah flips whatever switch Benny found tonight to get moving in the right direction.

I tried to be nice to Coach Boeheim last week and it turned into a bash him thread from some people. I have no problem keeping it real when people deserve it but Judah Mintz doesn’t deserve this thread.

We weren’t expecting this to be a win and played really well. I am not going to freak out. I think we are actually a decent team.
“We weren’t expecting this to be a win”

Please lord, I can handle pretty much anything else on this board, but if I read that we “weren’t expecting a win” one more time, I’ll freak out.

I don’t care how bad Syracuse is, I expect to win every game. That’s the point. The idea that we don’t expect to win against Miami, MIAMI!, says it all. Miami isn’t a good team. We expected to lose?!?! What is this, Kentucky 1996?!? Holy crap, enough with this already. Miami is mediocre at best, which says a lot about who we are.

But, please…please, please, please, do not say, as a Syracuse fan, that we “expected” to lose a game, so we should be fine and dandy with a loss. Personally, as a Syracuse fan, that makes me want to puke.

I know all about the realities of our situation. It ain’t pretty. But, please, I beg you, please don’t anybody tell us that Syracuse Basketball should “expect” to lose, so “shrug”.

Mintz showed he wasn't ready to win a game like this on the road. Big difference between home and on the road.
Unfortunate they couldn't finish the job. These are the growing pains you endure with a young team. It's too bad, he's been our most ready to play freshman, but there's a lot of pressure at PG trying to pull an upset on the road.
Sometimes, like tonight, he tries to do too much.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom