A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance

Getting closer to sophomore at this point
Strongly disagree with this. We are 3 games past the half way point. And most growth happens in the off-season. He isn’t anywhere close to a sophomore. Less than a year ago he was still playing high school basketball.

Strongly disagree with this. We are 3 games past the half way point. And most growth happens in the off-season. He isn’t anywhere close to a sophomore. Less than a year ago he was still playing high school basketball.
Growth does occur during the season and it tends to come from experience, he’s been in this situation 6-7 times year and seemingly hasn’t learned yet

Is Judah gassed at the end of games?
Seems that's when his mind gets derailed.
Or is he trying to do too much, auditioning for the next level?
I don't know what the problem is.
It's hard to watch, and I feel bad for the kid -he must be crushed after that.
JB obviously is OK continuing to give the ball to Judah to win games
Lot of pressure with unfortunate results.
i think its the psychological pressure of crunch time, unfortunately

Look at the rebounding in this stretch alone:
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 10.11.22 PM.png

-the 1 on 2 in transition
-throwing that pass away that led to an easy bucket
-jumping in the air under the basket and throwing another away
-the final shot of the game

What am I missing? There were a few more.
It wasnt his best audition for the nba

You can also relax
No, you can disagree i don’t care. This kid doesn’t deserve to have his performance called this worst crunch time performance when he is a freshman and the kids read this board. Plus the kid was in tears post game according to WAER.

This thread title was terrible. Thankfully it was changed.

No, you can disagree i don’t care. This kid doesn’t deserve to have his performance called this worst crunch time performance when he is a freshman and the kids read this board. Plus the kid was in tears post game according to WAER.

Eric15 is a reasonable dude and changed it. All is well in the world. We're all going to be okay.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I can't remember myself ever feeling more animosity towards an SU player than I do Judah right now. It's OK to miss shots or make mistakes, but it was one selfish hot garbage play after another. Incomprehensible. In a game that could have turned around the entire season.
Maybe your unbridled animosity towards an 18 year old kid is somehow misplaced?

If he was really that bad, why was he in the game?

Growth does occur during the season and it tends to come from experience, he’s been in this situation 6-7 times year and seemingly hasn’t learned yet
Again. He is a FRESHMAN!!! He is still learning and growing. So you are saying it is all his fault? How about the coaching staff putting him in a situation to be successful then? Should they hold any blame? Or we just blame the 19 year old true freshman?

Also, I said most of the growth happens in the off season. I never said growth doesn’t happen during the year. You can’t expect him to become a sophomore over night because he has played 19 games. . That just isn’t how it works. What makes him a sophomore is going through and entire school session starting with preseason practice. Then actual games and practices throughout the year. And then finally the post season scrimmages and work outs to make his all around game better. Where he really works on his weakness as a player. The players all get specific workouts designed for their weaknesses and what to work on to make them a better player. That entire process happens during each season. He is just barely half way through his. So yes he is half way closer to being a sophomore. But ultimately he is still a freshman and is going through the most difficult time in the year.

Also think about how beat up his body is. He has never played against this many physical teams in his life. He is not only learning the basketball side of things but how to take a beating at the same time. This is a completely different game than high school. He is probably extremely mentally and physically drained. That does happen to freshman at some point during the year. Part of the learning process.

Last edited:

If he were a soph and didn't read it, you would allow it?

Judah aside, it felt like there was a sliver of light in our tourney chances tonight and the door was slammed shut. Just a gut punch as a fan.
This is tonight in a nutshell. Maybe we can somehow go on a full on run from here, but tonight was probably our best chance for a Quad 1 win and on the road. Brutal last few minutes.

I’m mostly stunned that someone who uses “MJF” in his screen name is so kind and empathetic.

-the 1 on 2 in transition
-throwing that pass away that led to an easy bucket
-jumping in the air under the basket and throwing another away
-the final shot of the game

What am I missing? There were a few more.
Freshmen point guards have games like that. He has .ore thane ought confidence to bounce back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom