A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

A non-judgmental analysis of Judah's performance

I don't care if sujmfer gets sad, that wasn't an ordinary freshman game, that was an unusual mental unraveling
Ehhhhhh.

Some guys are way more protected than others, sometimes. I applaud the consistency here.

WAER said that Judah was crying after the game.:(
Was it crying because he played poorly and we lost or was it crying because he played poorly and it might reflect negatively on his one and done chances? It’s the difference between the name on the front of the jersey and the name on the back of the jersey

Lots of talent and lots of growth to be done. Mintz will be fine as long as he realizes situations and the game slows for him. This hopefully was a learning experience for him and can grow from it. I'm sure he has a lot of people in his ear telling him how great he is and the press he gets as well and he's going to have to learn how to handle this stuff and not let it go to his head.

Point guards are like QB's and we see their pos/neg more easily than others. Recognizing refs calls and situations are part of maturation and as Jessie struggled with Virginia and learned let's hope Mintz does as well after this game.

The ebs and flows of a freshman PG will drive us crazy especially one with a drive to the hoop to score mentality. The next game he might even have an open lane and pass, who knows, but again...it's going to be an interesting ride and I'm looking forward in seeing how he matures.

Sometimes a kid has to touch the stove to really believe it’s hot. He will learn or he won’t. It’s a hard balance because his aggression and confidence make him a good player. Poise, experience, situational awareness, along with better outside shooting, will make him an outstanding college player.

He helps us more often than he fails us.

When the other players failed to step up, earlier in the season, Judah was there.

However, last night, we saw his worst.

I hope he & JB learns from this and grows.

JB over-tweaked things. He should have left Symir in.

Judah thinks he can beat anyone, which is a blessing and a curse. The problem is, he cannot beat tough, seasoned, well coached guards. He is dribbling into situations where there is no way out.

You never know who is going to step up for Cuse. Different guy every night. That is another blessing and curse.

We only had 3 scorers last night, 4 if you count Taylor. There is no consistency and balance.

Girard was playing hero ball too, but the shots were falling. Earlier in the season, his shots were not falling.

The foul shot disparity was a killer.

Our bigs getting destroyed by their bigs was a problem. The last 8:30 or so was an epic failure.

Judah's turnovers are just the most visible problems and easiest to whine about.

-the 1 on 2 in transition
-throwing that pass away that led to an easy bucket
-jumping in the air under the basket and throwing another away
-the final shot of the game

What am I missing? There were a few more.

I believe you're being judgmental. (That's ok though)

Again. He is a FRESHMAN!!! He is still learning and growing. So you are saying it is all his fault? How about the coaching staff putting him in a situation to be successful then? Should they hold any blame? Or we just blame the 19 year old true freshman?

Also, I said most of the growth happens in the off season. I never said growth doesn’t happen during the year. You can’t expect him to become a sophomore over night because he has played 19 games. . That just isn’t how it works. What makes him a sophomore is going through and entire school session starting with preseason practice. Then actual games and practices throughout the year. And then finally the post season scrimmages and work outs to make his all around game better. Where he really works on his weakness as a player. The players all get specific workouts designed for their weaknesses and what to work on to make them a better player. That entire process happens during each season. He is just barely half way through his. So yes he is half way closer to being a sophomore. But ultimately he is still a freshman and is going through the most difficult time in the year.

Also think about how beat up his body is. He has never played against this many physical teams in his life. He is not only learning the basketball side of things but how to take a beating at the same time. This is a completely different game than high school. He is probably extremely mentally and physically drained. That does happen to freshman at some point during the year. Part of the learning process.
How many times do you need to make lazy turnovers at the end of games before you recognize the need to be focused? How many times do you need to see a play is blown up and needs to be reset before it becomes instinct? I’m sorry but he’s an adult, likely making some serious cash through NIL and I’m not going to feel bad about recognizing he isn’t learning from his mistakes at the end of the games. Should JB have pulled him? Sure, does that let Judah off the hook for a ridiculously stupid play that has no chance of success? No. Is it 100% his fault, of course not but you want to be the guy then you need to take the lumps that come with making mistakes in big moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom