A Question About Future TV Viewing | Syracusefan.com

A Question About Future TV Viewing

SkanSU

Starter
I was just wondering and I am sure that someone has the answer out there in board land. What happens when we move to the ACC? Right now we have it great b/c almost all the games are on TV via TWC (and FIOS) via the Big East Network. Does TWC have some form of long-term contract with BE Network in which they will not be able to show the ACC Network? Are we going to go from "see all the games" networking to only see someof the games that might be on ESPNU?

Ch 6 / 866 (The CW) in Syracuse has already obtained the rights to the ACC Game of the Week, and has been showing ACC football games for 2 weeks now.

I'm assuming that the package includes basketball games as well. Anything involving SU on ESPN Regional would be shown on 6 / 866 instead of 13 / 813 in the Syracuse area.

I don't know how this impacts Rochester or Albany.

or some of the games on CW? I wonder if the local TWC will contract with the ACC Network to give us all the SU games ala TWC and Big East Network. Does the CW Network act like the TWC and will bring us all the SU games or only the ACC Game of the Week?

CW has the exclusive contract with the ACC Network right now. You'll see SU games on 6 instead of 13.

I don't know if CW bought the rights just for 2011-12, or if their contract runs for a longer period of time. TWC can't do anything about it until CW's contract expires.

I live on the PA/MD line and get almost every SU game with the extended cable package. I get tons of ACC ball as well so for me I'd say nothing will change. I would think that one way or another the local Syracuse tv station would have every single road game that SU plays.

Jefferson-Pilot. Games are usually on right after the Andy of Mayberry show.

I was just wondering and I am sure that someone has the answer out there in board land. What happens when we move to the ACC? Right now we have it great b/c almost all the games are on TV via TWC (and FIOS) via the Big East Network. Does TWC have some form of long-term contract with BE Network in which they will not be able to show the ACC Network? Are we going to go from "see all the games" networking to only see someof the games that might be on ESPNU?
The real question is. what happens with SNY and the YES network in NYC.

The battleground for viewers in the NYC metro TV area starts here. My guess is that SNY continues to align itself with the Big East and YES takes in the ACC. With Syracuse the only NYC presence, will the YES network sign up? Time will tell.

If the ACC were to get say, ND and UConn, there would be no question. The ACC would achieve total dominance over the NYC metro viewing area. BE TV right wouldn't be worth a plug nickel.

A big part of SU's successful presence in the NYC metro area is that virtually all SU games are on TV via SNY, ESPN, and a few times on MSG. Some UConn games are also on, though not nearly as many as SU. RU seems to be on only when playing SU or UConn otherwise nada. If RU and UConn remain in the Big East, I fear that these media outlets will just pick up all their games and drop coverage of SU. I hope DG and the athletic administration realizes this and will be proactive in making sure SU games are carried by someone in the NYC metro area. If not, you can kiss the NY's College Team strategy good-bye.

The new big east until we leave has a perfect basketball strategy that can hold to rivalries and puts a bunch of tough teams with lots of swagger beating each other up.

The new ACC however has one flaw everyone wants to play duke and UNC twice and that will keep more teams from joining :(
Add that to a conference that is missing swagger outside of UNC and Duke they kinda remind me of the big 10 in that reguard. Really us and Pitt are giving VT, NC state, Maryland, GT, florida state and clemson a chance to build some but I think its unlikely they will in the longrun anywhere near the caliber of the New Big East.

In the end our recruiting and, swagger shouldn't suffer, because we have a dome to pack 30,000 and play a athletic two three zone that runs and guns and sends players especially forwards to the NBA and have a Huge Diehard history for basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom