AAM | Syracusefan.com

AAM

K

kingottoiii

Did he play D at all in HS? We have a ton of depth at RB and if he isn't good enough to beat out Smith, I can't see much of a future for him at RB. On of TCU's recruiting strategies is to get RBs and move them to LB and even DE. So can AAM play LB. Or even DE since it seems it is easy for him to put on weight?

Maybe he hasn't been moved to LB because he has trouble tackling...Wait, wait, did I just imply that we wouldn't put someone at LB that has trouble tackling? :rolling:

I thought I read Rahme or Weindner writing last week that AAM was getting lots of reps in practice and was expected to contribute in the Minny game. So what happened? Was he just being used to play head games with the Minnesota coaching staff?

I thought I read Rahme or Weindner writing last week that AAM was getting lots of reps in practice and was expected to contribute in the Minny game. So what happened? Was he just being used to play head games with the Minnesota coaching staff?

No, us.

I highly doubt AAM will be moved to the Defensive side of the ball. Theres a better chance of him transferring after the season.

We couldn't find the right goal line situation where we would benefit by using him.

Wait.

Did he play D at all in HS? We have a ton of depth at RB and if he isn't good enough to beat out Smith, I can't see much of a future for him at RB. On of TCU's recruiting strategies is to get RBs and move them to LB and even DE. So can AAM play LB. Or even DE since it seems it is easy for him to put on weight?

You mean like Smith and Hogue?

Personally I think he's not athletic enough to be a LB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You mean like Smith and Rogue?

Personally I think he's not athletic enough to be a LB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Love auto correct.

Pretty sure he is RS this year barring an injury to Smith.

Love auto correct.
Agreed. I was unaware we had a member of the X-Men on our team. Though with her inability to touch people, she would fit right in on our defense.

how many uptempo teams recruit running backs like that guy? you don't need to be a recruiting expert to see a picture of a guy with a vagomach stuffed into a smedium underarmour shirt and think "uh yeah, that's not gonna work"

i prefer the oregon approach. college running backs don't need to be as heavy as tyrone wheatley.

how many uptempo teams recruit running backs like that guy? you don't need to be a recruiting expert to see a picture of a guy with a vagomach stuffed into a smedium underarmour shirt and think "uh yeah, that's not gonna work"

i prefer the oregon approach. college running backs don't need to be as heavy as tyrone wheatley.
Yeah, except when he was recruited, it was for a pro style, power run system. That's all Hackett, and Marrone screamed about the last 2-3 years. And that was what they preached as religion. Hackett's favorite quote back then was, "When in doubt, give it to a back."
And that philosophy was flying in the face of majority of college moving to spread O's. So they thought they were smarter than the rest of the majority. So now all of a sudden they're playing catchup and changing their whole philosophy.
That makes me very suspect if they know what they're doing.

ala ben s

and none of them are a threat except ab

No they all don't have to be but programs have made that paradigm work as well ... Oregon had Blunt ... USC had Lendale White ... frankly when you have a kid AAM's size why the hell would you even give Smith or PTG the ball at the goal line?

I don't mind having a thunder and lighting type of arrangement ... after all the goal is to be multiple :) ... Plus if you get a nice lead (I know ... wishful thinking) it would be nice to have a back you can use just to grind out yards and hammer on a defense to close out the game. But he isn't a feature back at this level ... I think we can all pretty much agree on this.

No they all don't have to be but programs have made that paradigm work as well ... Oregon had Blunt ... USC had Lendale White ... frankly when you have a kid AAM's size why the hell would you even give Smith or PTG the ball at the goal line?

I don't mind having a thunder and lighting type of arrangement ... after all the goal is to be multiple :) ... Plus if you get a nice lead (I know ... wishful thinking) it would be nice to have a back you can use just to grind out yards and hammer on a defense to close out the game. But he isn't a feature back at this level ... I think we can all pretty much agree on this.
How can anyone say what a kid can or can't do when you've basically never seen him play? Some go with coaches see everyday in practice, so if they're not on the field they can't play. I don't subscribe to that theory in its entirety. There are many factors involved, I think a lot of people would be surprised

How can anyone say what a kid can or can't do when you've basically never seen him play? Some go with coaches see everyday in practice, so if they're not on the field they can't play. I don't subscribe to that theory in its entirety. There are many factors involved, I think a lot of people would be surprised

Exhibit A: Marcus Sales

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom