ACC Brand - Refs - Protecting the Brand | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Brand - Refs - Protecting the Brand

If when the team that’s a part of your online handle goes 11-1 or 10-2 you might have to backtrack on this a bit.
I would feel stronger about that team if the coach could stop making late game decisions which impede that teams ability to win close games.

So I had time to watch what you posted here, and this is a very poor example if you are trying to attempt to say we got one over on NC State here with a bad call, like occurred down at Clemson.

There is no illegal shift, no illegal motion, no two players going at once, number 19 who i assume you are referring to, he got a fantastic jump at the exact time of the snap of the ball, which is why the referee did not throw the flag. Bad example.

Agree to disagree.

I can post a screen shot where he’s clearly in motion before the snap, but what’s the point.

Last edited:
Clemson is the only playoff level brand in the ACC right now, they carry the ACC. I think maybe Wake is close, Clausen being the top coach in the league puts them at that level. If they transition from Hartman to another strong QB, they will take the step up.
Hartman has only been there 8 years, pretty sure he has 5 years of eligibility left

Have a hard time understanding these self defeating posts where people try and bend over backwards to defend the indefensible, rationalize things against their own self or rooting interest, makes no sense to me (and don’t even get me going on this concept in politics - lol!). If they were accurate that would be one thing, but they are not.

Just to confirm...In your world, suggesting the game was fixed by crooked refs is the rational take, right?

I have come to the conclusion that the ACC Refs are protecting Clemson so they can qualify for the playoffs. Clemson brings a lot to the conference and the conference wants Clemson in the playoffs. I had to turn off the game on Saturday after the non call on Shader on the out of bounds Play. There was no way the refs were going to allow SU to win and I wasn't going to watch it. This call came after a movement call on SU where the only motion was the Center moving his head to look between his legs so he could hike the ball. One of the worst calls I have ever seen. I am a retired auditor and in my business we called it "Cooking the Books".
After reading all the responses, I remember another incident in the game that drove me nuts. There was, I think a SU pass play that was "Under Review". The TV guys showed a replay and you could clearly see that the pass was complete. The official took forever looking and re-looking at the play, giving the impression he was trying to find a reason to overturn the ruling of a completed pass.

While I am saying that, it is easy for a ref to rule a "completed pass" as incomplete so it takes overwhelming evidence to overturn it.

After reading all the responses, I remember another incident in the game that drove me nuts. There was, I think a SU pass play that was "Under Review". The TV guys showed a replay and you could clearly see that the pass was complete. The official took forever looking and re-looking at the play, giving the impression he was trying to find a reason to overturn the ruling of a completed pass.

While I am saying that, it is easy for a ref to rule a "completed pass" as incomplete so it takes overwhelming evidence to overturn it.
In my opinion that was the most egregious call of the game. An obvious completion the entire world could clearly see on live TV. It wasn’t called incomplete for not making the catch. It was called incomplete for being out of bounds. Those calls are made by officials interested in orchestrating the outcome of a game. It happens a lot. More times than one would believe. That is the reason that Coach and the ACC should publicly announce their response to the conference officials making up their own rules. The CFB game is corrupt. There is too much money involved. Most people know that and more people are realizing it daily. It’s time for fans to close their wallets and don’t get taken advantage of anymore.
The big F.U. the ACC and the university gave us proves what they think of us. There were clear violations of the rule book that were not administered properly. The players deserve an answer, the coaches deserve an answer, the Syracuse fans deserve an answer and frankly CFB fans everywhere deserve an answer. Many fans watching CFB also coach at different levels. Should they start changing the way they coach? Push an opponent into your QB and get the opponent a penalty. Obviously, that is the new rule. Time to implement that into practice.

I have come to the conclusion that the ACC Refs are protecting Clemson so they can qualify for the playoffs. Clemson brings a lot to the conference and the conference wants Clemson in the playoffs. I had to turn off the game on Saturday after the non call on Shader on the out of bounds Play. There was no way the refs were going to allow SU to win and I wasn't going to watch it. This call came after a movement call on SU where the only motion was the Center moving his head to look between his legs so he could hike the ball. One of the worst calls I have ever seen. I am a retired auditor and in my business we called it "Cooking the Books".
That's been going on for years.

Pitt is the reigning ACC champion.
Clemson was down last year so with them not going to the playoff the refs were allowed to call conference title game down the middle.

Who are these "right guys"?

Seriously, these accusations are so vague it's hard to have a discussion about them.

So there are certain refs who are able to determine who the conference favors, in all circumstances, despite never having an explicit conversation about it? And those refs are assigned to certain games, to influence the outcome, in undetermined ways?
Happens in the NBA. Was it any coincidence that Joey Crawford reffed a high % of game 3's with one team having a 2-0 series lead.

Absolutely.

I do think they would have found a way to score a couple TDs even without those calls.

Who knows though that drive after the 3rd and 25 might have ended on points for us. Their QB play wasn't good we just needed ours to make a couple more plays and we win. DJU was horrible and Klubenik got every break imaginable and was up against a team that had gone into a shell and stopped trying to score he didn't have to answer any touchdowns or points from us when he came onto the field.

I love Schrader's toughness but you can't tell me that all of our big games this year UVA, Purdue, NC State, and Clemson our QB couldn't have completed more throws or done more. Better QB play and we could have won all of those games by 30+. Saturday was basically the same thing as watching a star guard in hoops play hero ball and jack up contested shots for an entire half refusing to pass to a teammate how often he called his own number.
Those bad call plays turned everything around

The Orange feel slighted by the officiating and probably rightfully so. If they had won last week they could have gotten some mention for playoff spot. Well, that's still on the table if they can win out and prove that they are legit. It starts tomorrow with Notre Dame, who thinks they are bigger and stronger and more physical than the Cuse and want to try to bully them. I'm hoping the Orange bring it to them from the opening kick until the game is over, just run them out of the Dome.

313167484_560822219387668_6748671819746367726_n.jpg

He should have gone away from calling his own number and running so much he had a great game early and got a us a nice lead.

Our D gave up almost nothing they scored on their first TD drive and then nothing until the 3rd quarter.
Yawn...lather, rinse repeat.