ACC: Deja Vu all over again | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC: Deja Vu all over again

The ACC didn't invade the Midwest, ND has always had one leg in and one leg out with everyone. Shame though on the BE & the ACC for allowing the spoiled & privileged starlet to continue to be the flirtatious tease that she is and has been...

The difference being the Irish and big east were just dating and having some fun, the ACC put a ring on it.

MD is meaningless they are not a lynch pin for FSU. This is so silly. Go take a nap for a few years please. UVA/UNC are the dominoes that would have to fall. FSU already made a choice. How the **** does MD change that. :crazy:
-sigh-
Again, wishful thinking doesn't make it so.
You seem fixated on the fact that it's Maryland, as opposed to considering the bigger perspective that it was an established ACC charter member, for the 1st time in that conference's history, that bolted. How you can't recognize the implications of that fact is frankly... mind-boggling.
I'll slow it done for you...if Maryland can bolt, why wouldn't an FSU or Clemson start exploring their alternatives?
You yourself laid out a possible armaggedon where VA or UNC are finally pried loose. What MD's move has done is increase the possibility of something happening, not necessarily the likelihood.
No one can read the tea leaves, but burying your head in the sand because bad news makes your hair hurt won't change the emerging possible scenarios. It's just the reality of the situation, whether you understand it or not. Sheesh

The difference being the Irish and big east were just dating and having some fun, the ACC put a ring on it.

Yeah, but ND didn't put the ring on their finger. They put on the dresser and said this is a nice option when I'm ready, but I'm going to keep banging a bunch of people for awhile.

You seem fixated on the fact that it's Maryland, as opposed to considering the bigger perspective that it was an established ACC charter member, for the 1st time in that conference's history, that bolted. How you can't recognize the implications of that fact is frankly... mind-boggling.
I'll slow it done for you...if Maryland can bolt, why wouldn't an FSU or Clemson start exploring their alternatives?
You yourself laid out a possible armaggedon where VA or UNC are finally pried loose. What MD's move has done is increase the possibility of something happening, not necessarily the likelihood.
No one can read the tea leaves, but burying your head in the sand because bad news makes your hair hurt won't change the emerging possible scenarios. It's just the reality of the situation, whether you understand it or not. Sheesh

They already explored you idiot. How does MD change anything. You fail to provide an once of logic. You fail to understand MD chances nothing. This so silly. Grow a brain.

BTW MD isn't the first member to leave, South Carolina was. UNC/UVA are the ACC. As long as they are here the ACC will be fine. MD leaving doesn't change that. The chances of UNC/UVA moving a slim.

Yeah, but ND didn't put the ring on their finger. They put on the dresser and said this is a nice option when I'm ready, but I'm going to keep banging a bunch of people for awhile.

Engaged my friend but yes, they are yet to be married thus the huge interference by the Big 10.

They already explored you idiot. How does MD change anything. You fail to provide an once of logic. You fail to understand MD chances nothing. This so silly. Grow a brain.

BTW MD isn't the first member to leave, South Carolina was. UNC/UVA are the ACC. As long as they are here the ACC will be fine. MD leaving doesn't change that. The chances of UNC/UVA moving a slim.
Ok- so your nonsensical rantings and inability to understand basic linear logic, now devolves into name-calling and insults.
Nice.
Ever heard of situations changing and scenarios being fluid? Naw, I wouldn't think so.
Are you seriously stating that just because FSU "explored" leaving a few months ago, that they would no longer consider revisiting the issue, especially in light of what just happened?
Again, Einstein...whether it was Maryland, NCState, Wake, or GT...ANY ACC PROGRAM would change the dynamics...period.
And since FSU is the prime target for other conferences, it would make logical sense for them to explore the now increased possibility.
What can't you understand about that simple fact? :bat:

Yeah, a ring with the contigency that we can still 'swing' if we so desire. We being ND of course. ;)

-sigh-

Thats funny. Can someone explain how one can increase the possibility without increasing the likelihood??

Do we really think if these schools were dead set against this the ACC would have committed suicide by doing it?

I don't think you understand the arrogance of North Carolina and Swofford. I hope I'm wrong.

Do we really think if these schools were dead set against this the ACC would have committed suicide by doing it?
This is a good point, but as we have seen throughout the expansion circus, you never really know who's preparing to do what.
UConn to the ACC might rub some football folks the wrong way- solidifying their view that the ACC is too basketball centric.

blah blah blah blah, wah wah wah wah.

Would you all rather still be sitting in the NBE????????

A&M AND Nebraska leaving didn't kill the B12. I don't think Maryland leaving is going to kill the ACC. Sorry I just don't.

Thats funny. Can someone explain how one can increase the possibility without increasing the likelihood??
"Possibility" might be too strong- maybe the "possible number of scenarios" as to HOW something might occur.
IMO, Maryland's leaving brings in a whole host of new possibilities.
Doesn't mean any of them are gonna occur, ie; likelihood, but its opened alot more avenues for something to happen.

As I said last week after the Sugar Bowl announcement, we're getting closer to four superconferences. The ACC and Big 12 will eventually merge.

Say goodbye to FSU, Clemson and possibly VT.
Pretty sure these schools were aware of what school was next in line. We're replacing Maryland, not a football school.

As I said last week after the Sugar Bowl announcement, we're getting closer to four superconferences. The ACC and Big 12 will eventually merge.
Always thought this wasn't a possibility...but I'm starting to see the light.

I hope that's not true. Not sure that will be acceptable to FSU/Clempson.

On the contrary, they wouldn't be making this move unless they had FSU & Clemson's approval.

On the contrary, they wouldn't be making this move unless they had FSU & Clemson's approval.

FSU and Clemson (or NC State) will eventually join the SEC anyway.

Pretty sure these schools were aware of what school was next in line. We're replacing Maryland, not a football school.

Again I hope I'm wrong but I really believe they are gone. We'll see.

FSU and Clemson (or NC State) will eventually join the SEC anyway.

Florida & Georgia would try and block FSU
Georgia & South Carolina would try and block Clemson

Frankly, if UConn is the choice, it tells me one of two things:

1. UNC/Duke/etc. overruled the FB schools; or
2. FSU/Clem don't care anymore because they are looking to leave.

If the reports are true that FSU/Clem demanded the best FB school out there, UConn sure ain't it.