ACC Digital Network | Syracusefan.com

ACC Digital Network

Sorry I didn't see the message...admin you can delete my post.

Awesome. Will we be able to watch SU games on our phones?

So this is what happens in a real conference? Sign me the . This is excellent

U
Yes u can take your phone to weddings and other wife mandated Saturday events
Nice. I'll just tell her I'm taking a picture of her pretty face and smile

So what, the Big East is working on getting older games put on Betamax. They'll page you each time a new game is released. A lot of Rutgers fans have already sent their faxes in to sign up for the service. They should be getting their free Zubaz pants shortly.

omniorange posted this a few days ago:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/10/will-they-watch-hokies-ny-network-hopes-so

Will they watch the Hokies in N.Y.? Network hopes so

The Roanoke Times
© October 10, 2011

By Mark Berman
The addition of Syracuse and Pittsburgh to the ACC could make the league more of a TV draw in the Northeast.
Raycom, which syndicates ACC football and basketball games, certainly hopes so.
Raycom president Ken Haines said the ACC's newest members will bring Raycom additional TV households and the potential to attract more sponsors in the Northeast.
"I'd call it a significant addition," Haines said. "In the core markets of the ACC, we've been in around 26 million homes. This will bring us the potential to be in 42 million homes, which is a sizable jump that would put us in 37 percent of the households in the country -- just in the ACC region."
This is the first year that Raycom is allowed to syndicate ACC football and basketball throughout the country, not just in ACC territory. Haines said ACC expansion will give Raycom the potential to go from 58 million households nationwide to 65 million households.
Pittsburgh is the No. 23 TV market in the country. Raycom has an affiliate in Philadelphia -- the nation's No. 4 market -- but not in Pittsburgh. That will likely change when the Panthers join the ACC in the 2014-15 school year (or perhaps earlier).
But will many folks in Pittsburgh tune in to ACC football, or is it more of an NFL city?
"We feel Pittsburgh, given their history, will be significant eyeballs for us," Haines said. "It especially becomes attractive if that adds to our ability -- which we think it will -- to bring some additional homes in Philadelphia."
Raycom football games are carried on SportsNet New York, a cable channel carried in New York City, Syracuse and elsewhere in that state. But Raycom does not have an over-the-air affiliate in that state. Haines said the addition of Syracuse will greatly enhance Raycom's chances of landing over-the-air affiliates in the state.
Syracuse is the No. 84 market in the nation -- 18 spots behind the Roanoke-Lynchburg market.
New York City, on the other hand, is the No. 1 market.
Syracuse president and chancellor Nancy Cantor trumpeted last month that Syracuse will add "a New York City dimension to the ACC, a region in which we have built strong identity and affinity, and we look forward to bringing ACC games to the Big Apple."
Many New York City residents care more about the NFL than a college football team in central New York, though.
They might also care more about St. John's basketball and the NBA than Syracuse basketball.
But Haines still expects the Orange to help Raycom.
"We stand a better chance of penetrating New York City with Syracuse," Haines said.

Nice. I'll just tell her I'm taking a picture of her pretty face and smile

Throwing the phone across the room after a game ending fumble is, of course, a risk.

You guys should read that press release closely. There are 2 words you will not find next each other.

Here's a hint, one word is "live" and the other word is "games".

You guys should read that press release closely. There are 2 words you will not find next each other.

Here's a hint, one word is "live" and the other word is "games".

There won't be games but it is still an ACC dedicated "channel". You can't find dedicated pre and post game coverage, or good highlights anywhere else. ESPN has become a joke. Their pregame and highlights have gone away in favor of talking heads. For sports fans the ACC DN is a breath of fresh air. If they can add historical games, historical player profiles, coaches shows, etc then as a fan the ACC DN will have the same non game content that the BTN has, which is awesome. Obviously without games, commercials, and carrier fees this won't be a money maker, but for fans this hits a HR. And after 10 years of working out the kinks there is no reason why they can't go ahead with an ACCN when the ESPN contract is up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom