ACC Football Kickoff: July 20-21 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Kickoff: July 20-21

It was actually 1-4 even tho I said 1-1. I figure the viewing audience was bigger at dinner time than when everyone was at work. Both were on the ACCN. I could be wrong though. And I 100% disagree that we aren’t seeing anything for our AD.
“Leader” was referring to ACC commish, not our AD JW. If he was Commish, I’d feel 100 x better.

Meh. She’s fine - I wouldn’t say “great”.

Hey, if you want her to cover something else / do something else, shoot her a tweet reply. She's pretty interesting, covers a lot of pop culture stuff, engages with some of The Ringer staff here and there...

I bet you'll see a lot more interesting stuff coming from her on top of the normal coverage.

People get bent over some strange chit. Who honestly cares about barstool comments? They are rent free in your heads, why feed into it? Also love how our guys represented yesterday. I am bullish on the team and I think they are going to be physical and fast on D and I think our O is going to be fun to watch. Sit back and relax...have a beer and let's see this team do their thing. I will say it now...we are starting the season 5-0. That is my call. Home field, offense ready to be dynamic, D ready to bring the pain with some NFL draft talent.

Last edited:
Not sure any of the local TV stations even sent anyone. Nobody from the DO.

Just Emily from the Post-Standard.
There were 3 reps from Syracuse area media. I watched a few of the other teams and the Syracuse and Richmond media were the most active with questions throughout. Tortora was the most active across all the teams I watched. 2-3 questions per team and even went over and spoke to Pry right after the VaTech session ended.

Can anyone remember Babers being so high on a team? I don't know if he's just trying to talk them up or he really believes this team is special.
Other than an impact player in Dungey this is probably the best 1-85 he’s had in terms of experience, depth, and balance.

as we have noticed questions at dt and Wr. One thing about Wr though, numbers and size are significantly improved, now need the top 5 or 6 to consistently perform at a higher level. Compete and let the best men win jobs.

Other than an impact player in Dungey this is probably the best 1-85 he’s had in terms of experience, depth, and balance.

as we have noticed questions at dt and Wr. One thing about Wr though, numbers and size are significantly improved, now need the top 5 or 6 to consistently perform at a higher level. Compete and let the best men win jobs.

I think the WRs will be pretty good after the catch. Just have to get the ball in their hands, whether it’s them or the QB.

Also in terms of height, weight, & speed too.

Remember all the smurfs that FHCSMFS had running around in the backfield?
All the "under the radar", "hardnosed" guys he got that had D2 measurables?

For years, we looked like a JV team going against the varsity, when playing upper level ACC opponents.
At least now, our guys all look like they belong on the same field.

Anyway - let's see how we do in the first few games this year, since that will set the tone for the entire season.

Also in terms of height, weight, & speed too.

Remember all the smurfs that FHCSMFS had running around in the backfield?
All the "under the radar", "hardnosed" guys he got that had D2 measurables?

For years, we looked like a JV team going against the varsity, when playing upper level ACC opponents.
At least now, our guys all look like they belong on the same field.

Anyway - let's see how we do in the first few games this year, since that will set the tone for the entire season.
Not suggesting we didn’t have undersized guys, but “for years”? Shafer had 3 years in the ACC and we went bowling one of them, but we were JV? I’m no Shafer apologist, but this take is off the mark.