ACC Football Kickoff: July 20-21 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Kickoff: July 20-21

I heard. And came away unimpressed.
My wife says I need to be more patient so yeah, maybe he's got some irons in the fire we don't know about. But I wasn't moved at all by the presentation, or the content of his soliloquy today.
The ACC is ALWAYS in reactive mode, it seems. I live in Charlotte, love the place- but what I hate most about this place is that the powers-that-be in this city, are constantly in reactive mode. Stuff happens, THEN they act to mitigate. Maybe its a Carolina/Southern thing, but I'm an obnoxious New Yawker! I ain't waiting around hoping stuff works out, I try and make stuff work out. Believe me, that's not the mentality around these parts. And IMO, its what Swofford did for years,and this new guy seems to be of the same mentality. JMHO

If you heard it you’re ignoring what he said. I’m not talking about the beginning presser, I’m talking about the 1-1 interview at the end of the day.

If you heard it you’re ignoring what he said. I’m not talking about the beginning presser, I’m talking about the 1-1 interview at the end of the day.
All due respect but whatever he might’ve said in a 1-on-1 interview, which came AFTER the bully pulpit of the opening presser and all its media focus, seems woefully inadequate to the situation at hand.
He coulda given the Braveheart speech, but who cares if far less people heard it? Missed opportunity, imo.

My wife says I need to be more patient so yeah, maybe he's got some irons in the fire we don't know about. But I wasn't moved at all by the presentation, or the content of his soliloquy today.
The ACC is ALWAYS in reactive mode, it seems. I live in Charlotte, love the place- but what I hate most about this place is that the powers-that-be in this city, are constantly in reactive mode. Stuff happens, THEN they act to mitigate. Maybe its a Carolina/Southern thing, but I'm an obnoxious New Yawker! I ain't waiting around hoping stuff works out, I try and make stuff work out. Believe me, that's not the mentality around these parts. And IMO, its what Swofford did for years,and this new guy seems to be of the same mentality. JMHO
Wait till you hit the iceberg and the ship is sinking and then do something. That's what the ACC commissioners do.
Phillips appears to be more of the same as Swofford.
A dollar short and a day late.

Watch Dabos interview.
As good a coach as there is in college football.

All due respect but whatever he might’ve said in a 1-on-1 interview, which came AFTER the bully pulpit of the opening presser and all its media focus, seems woefully inadequate to the situation at hand.
He coulda given the Braveheart speech, but who cares if far less people heard it? Missed opportunity, imo.

Went to the same viewing audience. Maybe more. You just want to be mad.

Wait till you hit the iceberg and the ship is sinking and then do something. That's what the ACC commissioners do.
Phillips appears to be more of the same as Swofford.
A dollar short and a day late.

Not exactly what he’s doing. But keep thinking that.

If you’re not the SeC, you’re always reacting. The Big reacts to the SEC. The ACC, the PAC, everyone. Heck, in the 90s the BE could have made a successful move on the ACC and they didn’t.

Just my opinion I thought the Commissioner failed, talking about greater good and gated communities and all that nonsense, these leagues are a buisness, do I like that no I do not but they are made now to be run like that. The Acc has to make a splash somehow, you have a handful of members who would leave tomorrow had the conference not had this GOR, and I imagine are still trying to find a way to jump ship. Now Notre Dame probably has no incentive to come to the Acc for football and they are the biggest prize out there, but somebody smarter then me May see some teams who are not in the SEC or BIG that they can poach and add value to the league. I’d imagine if you could add maybe Oregon, Washington, Stanford and maybe a TCU that would get you into some big markets and add value but who knows?

The writer is a straight loser

I don’t know the timing of some of these empty chairs pics but maybe people were in the back getting coffee and doughnuts? Or maybe it was taken before people were seated? But here’s some pics screenshotted from the actual interviews.

Same angle.

616B0A8A-1DC4-4614-8D20-67DCBF80F651.jpeg

Dan Totora? Front row.

08FCE368-2B32-4F87-9826-EDCAD1E38FD6.jpeg

5E78775F-C622-4359-9AEB-5AAC049F33B7.jpeg
5DE4A9EB-5384-4E03-A4D3-4EBFECE5AA0A.jpeg

Honestly I thought it showed a lack of overall interest and respect when 90% of the questions came from 3 Syracuse bloggers. Other than the guy from WRAL and the one that Dino thought was from Purdue I didn’t see any questions from other markets or even Syracuse mainstream media.

What matters is the TV interviews. Dino and the guys did well.

Honestly I thought it showed a lack of overall interest and respect when 90% of the questions came from 3 Syracuse bloggers. Other than the guy from WRAL and the one that Dino thought was from Purdue I didn’t see any questions from other markets or even Syracuse mainstream media.

Not sure any of the local TV stations even sent anyone. Nobody from the DO.

Just Emily from the Post-Standard.

Mikel Is very vocal, I like the confidence but he needs to show out Week 1.
I honestly think he meant to say that he looks at football as more fun than challenging. That he likes hard tasks. Poor choice of words on his part though, so we’ll have to live with it as bulletin board material

One thing that kind of stood out to me was a statement by Shrader
about the WR corp... they didn't really show what they could do last year.

Now with Anae, Beck and a healthy Shrader..."we're going to be more explosive..."
Keep Tucker fresh and injury free, CUSE gonna be a handful.

I honestly think he meant to say that he looks at football as more fun than challenging. That he likes hard tasks. Poor choice of words on his part though, so we’ll have to live with it as bulletin board material

Mikel *literally said* it is a great opportunity to play them in week 1.

He was asked a leading question about how big a challenge it would be to face Llvll’s O & Cunningham in week 1.

Did nobody watch the actual interview or read the transcript? :rolleyes: