ACC Football Schedule | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Schedule

ND controls all the tix and we will have to beg and negotiate. that's not neutral.
It’s Yankee Stadium, every seat view sucks anyway.

Tailgate in Bronx Pubs, game watch in Bronx Pubs, postgame in Bronx Pubs...stay warm and dry in Bronx Pubs.

Go to dinner in Manhattan and spend night in Manhattan.

I will go to game in because I’m stupid and like $10.50 12oz Bud Lights over $2 16oz PBRs, so do as I say and not as I do.

And you guys have heard of StubHub and SeatGeek...right??

Last edited:
already know. but people will only complain after the fact. we used to do this for years and still do. I remember the year we played Wyoming. Cuseguy and I thought we were nuts. Others were...eh. We lost.

The order of the schedule to me isn't a huge deal. If we're at 5 wins with 4 to play and we can't win any of 'em, that's on us, not the schedule makers.

We've known for a long time that WMU was week 1 and that the last 2 games were on the road. I don't think it was our choice to start on the road, but it was probably the only way to get the 2 for 1 deal with them. ND is an ACC thing. Not a lot of leverage. Be happy it's in NYC and not South Bend, where it was supposed to be.

I'd like to think we can work out some kinks in each of our first 2 games.

Given what we knew, nothing you mentioned was a surprise, outside of Wake on Nov 3 I guess.
Plus we're gonna dump truck Western Michigan anyway.

Plus we're gonna dump truck Western Michigan anyway.
Seriously, I mean...is this even debatable???

They’re a minor league team.

1aa at best

And you guys have heard of StubHub and SeatGeek...right??

That’s the key. Any Syracuse fan that wants to go should be able to find their way into the building.

You’ve all seen how easy it is to do that in South Bend (hello Nebraska and Georgia). If Syracuse fans in NYC want a good size presence, they can have one.

Sept. 1 at Western Michigan
Sept. 8 WAGNER
Sept. 15 FLORIDA STATE
Sept. 22 UCONN
Sept. 29 at Clemson
Oct. 6 at Pitt
Oct. 13 Bye
Oct. 20 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 27 NC STATE
Nov. 3 at Wake Forest
Nov. 9 LOUISVILLE (Fri.)
Nov. 17 vs. Notre Dame (Yankee Stadium, The Bronx, N.Y.)
Nov. 24 at Boston College

Yup, more manageable. But, not gonna beg for 6-6 with a senior qb, arguably top 10 in the nation, a maturing Oline, recruiting trending at wr, db, and lb. The way I see it:

Must wins: WMU, Wagner, Uconn, Pitt, UNC.

50/50 wins: NCST, Ville, BC, WF

"WE HAVE A SHOT ": Clemson, FSU, ND.

If DINO trends as he has promised, 8-4 could be very attainable.

FSU early is, perhaps a gift. They will be breaking in a new coach and system. Even though they have excellent talent returning, the execution of the new system is likely off. Plus, our kids KNOW they can play with FSU (and Clemson!).

Meanwhile, SU is in Year 3 of HCDB's system, with ED at the helm and TD in the wings with two springs and two summers in camp. The team is getting bigger, faster and stronger across the board.

Clemson will want blood. They know they were good and they failed. They know Syracuse can play with anyone so they will be ready. Dabo Swinney does not like losing and will be prepared. (Yeah, he has a corny way of speaking but I like his coaching effectiveness and the fact that he is NOT a ^%$# like Saban! and much more of a people guy like HCDB)

This is the breakout year, HCDB has had two season defining wins, declaring his capabilities as a coach while the play of the the team overall was just shy of winning some big games against great teams, the kids have the added incentive to prove last year was no fluke, welcoming in the new additions who are in HCDB's mold only makes the task easier.

Love the schedule. Probably end up with some type of BB/FB double header in NYC the week before thanksgiving. Hoops team vs UCONN at the Garden Friday night, Football team playing ND Saturday Night at Yankee Stadium.

That would be a tasty ass sweep.

Love the schedule. Probably end up with some type of BB/FB double header in NYC the week before thanksgiving. Hoops team vs UCONN at the Garden Friday night, Football team playing ND Saturday Night at Yankee Stadium.

That would be a tasty ass sweep.

2K Classic right? We’d play hoops on Thursday and Friday at MSG, ND football on Saturday?

That weekend will not be easy on the liver.

season tix holders or not, they control all tix and there are a lot of domers on the east coast. the point is, this isn't a normal neutral game where tix are split. unless su fans buy from nd fans, they'll have 80-90% of the fans. its their home game, which is fair.

They wont have 90% IF we have a good season we'll be fine with the crowd. This thing screams open market. And far better than South Bend.

better be prepared to buy the fsu tickets quickly when they become available as it falls in the early part of the schedule that the times will be set months in advance

2K Classic right? We’d play hoops on Thursday and Friday at MSG, ND football on Saturday?

That weekend will not be easy on the liver.
Please let the Giants be away, please let the Giants be away...

In 2006?

ND at Yankee Stadium is fine. Their season ticket base isn't going to completely transport themselves to The Bronx.
Two words: SUBWAY ALUMNI. It is amazing how many ND fans --- who have never been to South Bend -- there are in Metro NYC.

Just ride the wave. Giants home Sunday. Maybe Knicks on Monday, Rangers on Tuesday. 6 day boot camp.
If there’s a Vegas line on this., I’d bet it.

Throw in a ‘Special’ Mike Francesa Live at Radio City on Wednesday, a Giants again that Thursday...and then it’s Friday so I drink and...welll...let’s see if I make it to Christmas...

If there’s a Vegas line on this., I’d bet it.

Throw in a ‘Special’ Mike Francesa Live at Radio City on Wednesday, a Giants away game that Thursday...and then it’s Friday so I drink and...welll...let’s see if I make it to Christmas...
Let's see if you make it to Saturday

Two words: SUBWAY ALUMNI. It is amazing how many ND fans --- who have never been to South Bend -- there are in Metro NYC.

Right but Notre Dame has no direct access to them. They’ll be on stubhub like the Cuse fans.

Right but Notre Dame has no direct access to them. They’ll be on stubhub like the Cuse fans.
They’re also much older and like watching i the their neighborhood pubs or on their couch.

They drive the tv ratings, not attendance.

I don't understand this. They have control over all tix cause it's their home game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom