ACC Football Schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Schedule

They’re also much older and like watching i the their neighborhood pubs or on their couch.

They drive the tv ratings, not attendance.

They showed up in Jersey.

They showed up in Jersey.
Yes, Notre Dame fans did.

The Subway alumni enjoyed a nice day too.

Giants Stadium rules, this sorta sucks.

Much different.

You know it.

bad being better than real bad is still bad. it's not a neutral game. distance has nothing to do with anything.

It’s neutral. A home game isn’t just about having more fans in the seats. It’s about everything else familiar. Your stadium, locker room, routines, etc. Teams don’t play with more confidence and comfort at home just because of the crowd noise.

And at Yankee Stadium with so many that sit so far from the field, the noise won’t be intimidating.

If ND wins, it’s because they’re more talented and, at that point in the season, probably deeper. But not because they’re the home team.

I don't understand this. They have control over all tix cause it's their home game.

Probably something for that frequent ND visitor to address. But I would guess that ND season ticket holders are the ones who get priority. Assuming a majority are midwesterners, they either travel for the game or put it out on the stubhub/SeatGeek market where anyone can have it.

Probably something for that frequent ND visitor to address. But I would guess that ND season ticket holders are the ones who get priority. Assuming a majority are midwesterners, they either travel for the game or put it out on the stubhub/SeatGeek market where anyone can have it.

you don't think alumni and donators wont also have priority? I agree many will be on stubhub. I said that in the beginning. but I maintain my point that 3 of 4 in nov are on the road is not good for a team like ours. huge disadvantage if we need wins for a bowl.

I don't understand this. They have control over all tix cause it's their home game.

True, i believe. To be clear; this was a ND home game in South Bend? And we somehow got that switched to yankee stadium??? Phenomenal!!!!

I like that Wagner is game #2. Team’s come out and coast game #1 and don’t really know how good or bad they are. Kinks are not being worked out during the game and some of these ‘kinks’ might not even show up on film against a 1AA. I like that we have to come out attitude wise and ready to play game #1 this season. Work out the kinks the following week in practice and then go into Wagner get things right, maybe rest some guys if it allows and get ready to take it to FSU the weekend after. This sets up better for us this year.

I almost sort of wish the Wagner game was in November. I’ve been watching some of these SEC teams like Bama and they schedule their 1AA game late in the season. There could be some advantages here. I know I for sure don't like 1AA the first game of the season.

Last edited:
True, i believe. To be clear; this was a ND home game in South Bend? And we somehow got that switched to yankee stadium??? Phenomenal!!!!

ND does that a lot. Shamrock Series games are ND home games moved to another part of the country, San Antonio, Washington, DC, New York, Chicago, Arlington, TX, Boston etc... ND fans will get priority on tickets. Syracuse will have access to 5,000 seats, just like at ND. There will be some seats available on Stub Hub, sure, but ND mostly controls the ticket sales.

The idea is to "take the show on the road" and try to recreate the home game atmosphere at different sites. The field will look like ND Stadium's, ND brings the band, has a pep rally, service projects, whatever it can to try to "duplicate" a home game somewhere else.

The demand for tickets at ND Shamrock Series games from ND fans is always pretty high, wherever it is held.

While not a Shamrock Series game, ND brought 50,000 fans to Dublin, Ireland to play Navy in 2012. ND always draws well from its fans, whether it is a Shamrock Series games or a neutral site game.

Shamrock Series // Game Day // University of Notre Dame

Notre Dame's Shamrock Series game in Boston draws crowds, dollars

Shamrock Series Return Expected to Bring Plenty of Green to S.A. - KTSA

Last edited:
ND does that a lot. Shamrock Series games are ND home games moved to another part of the country, San Antonio, Washington, DC, New York, Chicago, Arlington, TX, Boston etc... ND fans will get priority on tickets. Syracuse will have access to 5,000 seats, just like at ND. There will be some seats available on Stub Hub, sure, but ND mostly controls the ticket sales.

The idea is to "take the show on the road" and try to recreate the home game atmosphere at different sites. The field will look like ND Stadium's, ND brings the band, has a pep rally, service projects, whatever it can to try to "duplicate" a home game somewhere else.

The demand for tickets at ND Shamrock Series games from ND fans is always pretty high, wherever it is held.

While not a Shamrock Series game, ND brought 50,000 fans to Dublin, Ireland to play Navy in 2012. ND always draws well from its fans, whether it is a Shamrock Series games or a neutral site game.

Shamrock Series // Game Day // University of Notre Dame

Notre Dame's Shamrock Series game in Boston draws crowds, dollars

Shamrock Series Return Expected to Bring Plenty of Green to S.A. - KTSA

Fans is a massively broad term - would it go like the following: season ticket holders, followed by donors to the AD, to general alumni, then the general market? I get it, there a few million Irish types in the greater NYC area who are ND fans who've never been to Indiana (hi Dad) but don't see how you directly get tickets to them outside the general market.

Fans is a massively broad term - would it go like the following: season ticket holders, followed by donors to the AD, to general alumni, then the general market? I get it, there a few million Irish types in the greater NYC area who are ND fans who've never been to Indiana (hi Dad) but don't see how you directly get tickets to them outside the general market.

Yeah, I'm curious how this works. We know ND fans are everywhere. But they have what, 70,000 season ticket holders? Do they know up front that if there are 7 games on the home schedule, they only get 6 because one will get moved? And therefore the priority for that 7th "home" game is shifted to who ponies up for it?

I like that Wagner is game #2. Team’s come out and coast game #1 and don’t really know how good or bad they are. Kinks are not being worked out during the game and some of these ‘kinks’ might not even show up on film against a 1AA. I like that we have to come out attitude wise and ready to play game #1 this season. Work out the kinks the following week in practice and then go into Wagner get things right, maybe rest some guys if it allows and get ready to take it to FSU the weekend after. This sets up better for us this year.

I almost sort of wish the Wagner game was in November. I’ve been watching some of these SEC teams like Bama and they schedule their 1AA game late in the season. There could be some advantages here. I know I for sure don't like 1AA the first game of the season.

It seems great in theory to have that as the first game. But we've had it as the first game for the past 2 years, we've buried the team we played, lost the next game, and we've finished 4-8. I'm not sure there's enough evidence that it's helping.

Another point on the 3 of the last 4 games being on the road. We knew the last 2 were ever since ND moved the game awhile back. Every other year our finale will be on the road, just the way it works. In 2017, our last game was at home. Against BC. Raise your hand if, last year at this time, you thought there was any chance we'd lose this game.

Seeing no hands, I'll move on. We were the walking wounded on D, and we got boat raced. By BC. Doesn't matter where you play at the end of the year if you're not deep enough to overcome the injuries.

8-4

WMU- W (I'm terrified of this game though, like I was about last years MTSU game when the sched. came out. People told me I was nuts.)
Wagner- W (Also out first Tommy D sighting in a blow out.)
FSU- L (Play close due to FSU turmoil, but Francois will be nasty)
Uconn- W (C'mon now.)
Clemson- L (payback is a biatch)
Pitt- W
UNC- W (UNC returns a lot of incredibly talented players that were injured last year. They'll be a good team, and even favored.)
NC State- W
WFU- W
L'ville- W
ND- L
BC- L (I'm sorry, but that ground game returns intact, and they can wear us down.)

Will we end up playing against both a former DT and who we hoped would be our future C when we play WMU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom