Tuesday, January 16
Wake Forest at NC State ACCN 7 PM
Syracuse at Pitt ESPN2 7 PM
Georgia Tech at Clemson ACCN 9 PM

Wednesday, January 17
Florida State at Miami ACCN 7 PM
Virginia Tech at Virginia ESPNU 7 PM
Louisville at North Carolina ACCN 9 PM

Guess there was something going on during the Wake vs NC State game where the refs, especially Jeff Anderson are getting heavily criticized on X. I guess 6 technicals were called and then this picture.

Attachments

• 20240116_213346.jpg
    20240116_213346.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 52
Cincy storms the court after beating TCU … in basketball.

Guess there was something going on during the Wake vs NC State game where the refs, especially Jeff Anderson are getting heavily criticized on X. I guess 6 technicals were called and then this picture.
Keatts got ejected. Refs tried hard to screw State.

Ga Tech won at Clemson?!?
I said a few weeks ago that the bottom of the ACC is a trap. These programs were so horrible during the non-con that their NET drags down the whole conference, but any of them are capable on beating the middle or upper-middle of the ACC on a good night. Brutal for tournament hopefuls. Really hope we take care of business as one loss like that could be the nail in our coffin.

Georgia Tech is not going to be an easy game.
What a weird team - I mean look at their kenpom numbers and their collection of losses but then look at a couple of the wins they've had now :confused:

Ga Tech won at Clemson?!?
Watched the game. It was a double OT loss and has to be a real tough loss for Clemson, particularly being a home loss. GT was scary - they were unconscious from 3 shooting about 43% as a team from 3. A very different team than their Josh Pastner teams with Stoudamire. If they keep shooting 3’s like they did, they will be a force - otherwise they will be chucking 3’s all game and be an up and down team depending if and when they are “hot”. GT concentrated on keeping Joe G from going off at the ends of the OT’s even doubling him to prevent him getting the ball when they were fouling. Clemson’s offense really killed Georgia Tech inside consistently focusing on PJ Hall and Scheifflein to dominate, which they did. They didn’t really run much for Joe G while dominating inside. Weird game to lose while dominating so much in the paint like they did, only to lose to a flurry of 3 point shots (some well guarded too) by GT. Clemson would take out Hall and Girard on defense in the OT periods and reinsert them on offense which seemed to disrupt their flow.

Watched the game. It was a double OT loss and has to be a real tough loss for Clemson, particularly being a home loss. GT was scary - they were unconscious from 3 shooting over 43% as a team from 3. A very different team than their Josh Pastner teams with Stoudamire. If they keep shooting 3’s like they did, they will be a force - otherwise they will be chucking 3’s all game and be an up and down team depending if and when they are “hot”. GT concentrated on keeping Joe G from going off at the ends of the OT’s even doubling him to prevent him getting the ball when they were fouling. Clemson’s offense really killed Georgia Tech inside consistently focusing on PJ Hall and Scheifflein to dominate which they did. They didn’t really run much for Joe G while dominating inside. Weird game dominating so much in the paint like they did, only to lose to a flurry of 3 point shots (some well guarded too) by GT. Clemson would take out Hall and Girard on defense in the OT periods and reinsert them on offense which seemed to disrupt their flow.
thanks for the recap! sounds like a weird but fascinating game

Watched the game. It was a double OT loss and has to be a real tough loss for Clemson, particularly being a home loss. GT was scary - they were unconscious from 3 shooting about 43% as a team from 3. A very different team than their Josh Pastner teams with Stoudamire. If they keep shooting 3’s like they did, they will be a force - otherwise they will be chucking 3’s all game and be an up and down team depending if and when they are “hot”. GT concentrated on keeping Joe G from going off at the ends of the OT’s even doubling him to prevent him getting the ball when they were fouling. Clemson’s offense really killed Georgia Tech inside consistently focusing on PJ Hall and Scheifflein to dominate, which they did. They didn’t really run much for Joe G while dominating inside. Weird game to lose while dominating so much in the paint like they did, only to lose to a flurry of 3 point shots (some well guarded too) by GT. Clemson would take out Hall and Girard on defense in the OT periods and reinsert them on offense which seemed to disrupt their flow.
Double thanks for the recap. I turned it off with like two minutes to go because I wanted to listen to the weather report and knew I would miss it if i kept the game on. And now Clemson has lost 4 of the last 5. The annual Tiger swoon?

FSU is freaky athletic. Beating Miami on the road 40-28 with 4:55 left in first half. Both teams get up and down the court. Defensive transition is the top priority against both teams.

FSU 84, Miami 75

Virginia 65, VT 57
Almost half of Miami's shot were 3 pointers and they only shot 25% from outside. I think someone said they were the 3rd best shooting team in the country. Not tonight, so hopefully our guys went to school on FSU's defense.

Not ACC but UMass just lost on the road without our best player on a putback and-1 with a second left and at this point I just want to die

Not ACC but UMass just lost on the road without our best player on a putback and-1 with a second left and at this point I just want to die
Maybe you should have taken them with the points.

What a fkkkking looooooser. Coach your own team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom