ACC Greatest Player Bracket | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Greatest Player Bracket

Now the real fun begins- what does the owner of the handle do lol? Suspend it like the season due to an infection of Cuse Twitter fans?

If we make it an all Orange final four and we don’t make Pearl win it, it’s all been for nothing. It’s all for nothing anyway. But can you imagine Pearl’s smile knowing he’s the ACC’s all time best player?

If we make it an all Orange final four and we don’t make Pearl win it, it’s all been for nothing. It’s all for nothing anyway. But can you imagine Pearl’s smile knowing he’s the ACC’s all time best player?

I don't know DC well, but I know him enough to know he would love to beat out every ACC player ever in anything. I look at this as a test with no wrong answers. I understand why Pearl is going to win, but if I was voting on the best SU player of that group I'd vote Owens. My reasoning ... if I had to pick who had the best single individual season of the four I'd go Billy and his 23/12/4/2/1 season.

I'd honestly consider making Wallace and Douglas both win if either was included in the competition which shows just how deep Syracuse's history goes.

Apology tour 3.0 imo. print up the shirts lets go

GoOrangepearl31VF4FGHsQmIDm.gif

Quite frankly, this may be a stupid contest but this is impressive.

With our fan support, there really is no reason we shouldn't be in the Top 4-5 in basketball every single year.

He was pretty elite going back to high school. He scored 30 in the MAA game. The only reason he was drafted 3rd was because back in the '80's the philosophy was that you take the elite big man if you can. Of course hardly anybody saw exactly what was coming, but that is often the case with a GOAT. People look at his college stats and think he wasn't as highly regarded as he was just because they don't compare to his pro stats.
Jordan became elite after he went pro. Remember he wasn't even a HS star early on. He was a late bloomer. In college he was good sure but the player we know him as today was far from what he was in UNC.

He was pretty elite going back to high school. He scored 30 in the MAA game. The only reason he was drafted 3rd was because back in the '80's the philosophy was that you take the elite big man if you can. Of course hardly anybody saw exactly what was coming, but that is often the case with a GOAT. People look at his college stats and think he wasn't as highly regarded as he was just because they don't compare to his pro stats.
True. The below quote is from Bob Knight in 1984, before Michael Jordan played a single NBA game:

“If I were going to pick three or four best athletes I’ve ever seen play basketball, he’d be one of them. I think he’s the best athlete I’ve ever seen play basketball, bar none. If I were going to pick people with the best ability I’ve ever seen play the game, he’d be one of them. If I wanted to pick one of the best competitors, he’d be one of them. He’s the best athlete, he’s one of the best competitors, he’s one of the most skilled players, and that to me makes him the best basketball player I’ve ever seen play.”