ACC Home/Away Schedule Released at 11am | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Home/Away Schedule Released at 11am

"Though the conference is releasing just the 2013 ACC opponents at this time, this schedule model may be used as the basis for a full, multi-year schedule in the future."

Looking forward to seeing the Orangemen in my neck of the woods for once. :)

Who cares - wins are more important. It's a good home schedule to actually win the games.

What would you guys have preferred? Clemson, FSU and Virginia Tech?

Same teams. Different arrangement. If you want wins, which we all do, you want the harder teams at home anyways and that will draw better.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011113aaa.html

Home: BC, Clemson, Wake, Pitt

Road: FSU, Maryland, NC State, GT

Let's see, now I'm going to want to go to the Penn State game in NYC, the NW game for a trip to Chicago, the Clemson and BC games in the Dome, the short trip to Maryland, the trip to Atlanta. Perhaps Tallahassee and Raleigh too, but I might be getting greedy.

I'm willing to pass up Pitt, Wake, Tulane and TBD, since the Dome is a road trip anyway.

If I'm still married in 2014 it will be a miracle.

Let's see, now I'm going to want to go to the Penn State game in NYC, the NW game for a trip to Chicago, the Clemson and BC games in the Dome, the short trip to Maryland, the trip to Atlanta. Perhaps Tallahassee and Raleigh too, but I might be getting greedy.

I'm willing to pass up Pitt, Wake, Tulane and TBD, since the Dome is a road trip anyway.

If I'm still married in 2014 it will be a miracle.

You southern folks make out well.

No surprises, it is just as I have had it on future schedules for several months now.

Shouldn't have doubted you. I didn't think there was any way we get Pitt twice in a row in the Dome. Didn't really think we'd get BC twice in a row in the Dome either, but with a couple years in between, I guess that was easier to work out.

Wish GT was home, Pitt was road, but other than that, can't complain.

You southern folks make out well.

Absolutely. Definitely be at NC State. GT is a 6 hour drive, I think that's doable. Maryland is a 5 hours drive. Absolutely doable. I'm looking at 3 games next season!

I need to study my new ACC divisions because I keep forgetting who we are with. GT and Pitt are the crossovers this year correct?

Exciting stuff!

MD is a good possibility.
Last chance to see the Orangemen play there.
Atlanta could be on the books again as early as 2025... unless they were to meet in the ACCCG.

I need to study my new ACC divisions because I keep forgetting who we are with. GT and Pitt are the crossovers this year correct?

Exiting stuff!

Pitt will always be the crossover.

GT on the road is this year's other division wild card.

Pitt will always be the crossover.

GT on the road is this year's other division wild card.

Thanks Chip. that's what I thought and we'll only be playing the Hokies once every 6 years, correct?

Exciting stuff!

Pitt is a permanent crossover.

GT will rotate with UVa, Va Tech, Miami, Duke, and NC.

Thanks Chip. that's what I thought and we'll only be playing the Hokies once every 6 years, correct?

Yep, unless they switch to a 9 game schedule at some point, we'll play each team (other than Pitt) in the other division once per 6 years.

I guess for the ACC, the good thing about that, is that it becomes less likely that the ACC Championship Game would be a rematch.

I'll definitely have to try and make one. NC State 6 hours, Atlanta 3 hours, Tallahassee 8 hours. I would love a late fall road trip to florida.

The non-permanent crossover division rotation - how does that work? Will we play Georgia Tech at home in 2014, or will we move on to someone else?

The non-permanent crossover division rotation - how does that work? Will we play Georgia Tech at home in 2014, or will we move on to someone else?

Somebody else.

Just let me know when Duke or Carolina is scheduled to play hoops here. That will be an Event!

Same teams. Different arrangement. If you want wins, which we all do, you want the harder teams at home anyways and that will draw better.

You're just nit picking. reverse the H/A and it's identical.

BC will carry more interest with the casual fan than MD, NCSt or GT.

4 mile drive to the ga tech game. i am excited! was planning a roadtrip with a friend for either the fla state game or clemson game, was hoping for clemson, but i'll settle for fla state

I think what else will matter when it comes to attendance is how well a school travels...I'd venture a guess that Clemson, VT and FSU would be at the top and so at least we'll always have at least one here.

You're just nit picking. reverse the H/A and it's identical.

BC will carry more interest with the casual fan than MD, NCSt or GT.

No, not really. The road games are tougher and more attractive. It's not a big deal. Boooo.