ACC Meetings ... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Meetings ...

FWIW, UVa's AD, Carla Williams, held a press conference today at the groundbreaking for our new football operations building. Without actually coming out and endorsing 3-5-5, she endorsed the 3-5-5 schedule as allowing conference teams to play each other more often. UVa has "a definite opinion" on which 3 teams we want as permanent partners. "Natural rivalries is really important. Geography is really important.". That's all she would say about the whole process. Judging by how she sorta danced around saying anything, the Conference HQ will make the announcement and all the schools are not supposed to comment before the release date. I just hope it's before the usual late Jan/early Feb schedule announcement.

That sounds like she wants Duke as #3.

That sounds like she wants Duke as #3.
Duke supposedly is already spoken for, though. UNC, Wake, and GA Tech. I think it's the "late entry that seemingly popped up from nowhere" during the ACC meetings of having GA Tech as our third. We will absolutely, positively never forget what happened in 1990 against them and nearly every game with them seems to down to the wire, one way or the other.

Someone wake me when there's an announcement. I think the speculation has narrowed the 3rd cross-over to about 8 different teams.

Our fans would probably prefer Wake, a traditional ACC opponent, but our wishes carry less than zero weight with ACC HQ. We have what we call "ACC Rule 2b", "Whenever more than one option is available to the ACC, the one most detrimental to UVa's interests must be chosen."
Hahaha, it seems that every ACC school claims the existence of rule 2b with their name inserted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom