ACC Move Official... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Move Official...

BWS12.gif

Probably just a coincidence, but it's nice to have EO in town for this announcement, too.

To me it seemed all along like this was a foregone conclusion. But I'm happy that it's official today, and to realize that Syracuse was able to move on for $7.5 mil cash (although with "other considerations") seems to be good news as well.

Originally, Syracuse was slated to pay $5 mil, and it was reported that the fee to exit early would probably be about $10 mil. So not bad. Although I think if Syracuse had left in 2003, the fee would have been $2 mil.

But the question remains: "where's the announcement for Pitt?" Could Pittsburgh have hit a snag in an attempt to leave the Big East a year early because of the lawsuit it brought against the conference? And if Pitt doesn't get into the ACC next year, what's the conference split on TV revenue for 2013-2014?

Pitt's lawsuit against the Big Conglomerate did them no favors...

To me it seemed all along like this was a foregone conclusion. But I'm happy that it's official today, and to realize that Syracuse was able to move on for $7.5 mil cash (although with "other considerations") seems to be good news as well.

Originally, Syracuse was slated to pay $5 mil, and it was reported that the fee to exit early would probably be about $10 mil. So not bad. Although I think if Syracuse had left in 2003, the fee would have been $2 mil.

But the question remains: "where's the announcement for Pitt?" Could Pittsburgh have hit a snag in an attempt to leave the Big East a year early because of the lawsuit it brought against the conference? And if Pitt doesn't get into the ACC next year, what's the conference split on TV revenue for 2013-2014?

We'll make back that money within 8 months of being in the ACC.

^+1...wondering the same. I can tell you that the ACC is joyous about 'Cuse but that as of this morning had not heard about Pitt getting out. Of course the other way to look at this is that 'Cuse got a good deal that will pay its oop costs within the first year by the increase in team dollars for TV rights in ACC.

I can't remember, can anyone confirm that the exit fee would have been $5 million if they stayed until 2014?

I think Pitt gets out at the same time, but they will owe a bit more $$$. Officially they pay the same, but they end up paying more as a backdoor deal to settle the lawsuit. Just a hunch. Regardless, we made out better for sticking to the high road.

Question:
WVU paid $22M (with B12 help) to exit in 2012. Was that extra year (and damaged reputation) worth the extra $14.5M?

My only question is: when is the official Syracusefan.com sponsored Goodbye Big East Party?

2012 conference schedule:
Pitt
Rutgers
UConn
USF
Cincinnati
Louisville
Temple

2013 conference schedule:
Pitt
BC
Clemson
Florida State
Maryland
NC State
Wake Forest
+2

Brings a tear to my eye, it does.

Gross presser up at SUAthletics now.

Tidbit on the ribbon boards (at the 3:30 mark). Funded by Pepsi.

YEE-HAAA!!!!

PARTY AT THE KAISER'S

byob+

Crap! We didn't even get to sue anybody. This sucks.

cheapskate
keeps out the riff-raff, ie: 99% of this board.

the treasures and ambiance one would experience once in KaiserWorld would make that bottle of Jack one brings in irrelevant.

Per Andy Katz source with BE...Pitt out by Fall 2013. Does that mean they will miss 2013 football in ACC? I bet not, but it appears the BE is playing chicken with them now and hoping for an increased exit fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom