ACC Move Official... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Move Official...

I can't remember, can anyone confirm that the exit fee would have been $5 million if they stayed until 2014?
Yes, you are correct.

Under the terms in effect at the time. $5m and 27 months notice. Half of the exit fee is due when notice is given, the rest upon exit. The "rest" would likely simply be withheld from normal TV revenue & NCAA credit distribution.

Great job by Doc Gross and the the wee one! Doc deserves an extension for this deal as it is one of the biggest in Syracuse History

Per Andy Katz source with BE...Pitt out by Fall 2013. Does that mean they will miss 2013 football in ACC? I bet not, but it appears the BE is playing chicken with them now and hoping for an increased exit fee.

Not sure they can be in two seperate conferences in the same academic year. Either they're all BE for 2013-14, or all ACC.

Katz must mean that Pitt will be out in time to compete in the ACC for the Fall 2013. Meaning July 1.

$7.5M - I nailed it. Tooting own horn. :)

Question:
WVU paid $22M (with B12 help) to exit in 2012. Was that extra year (and damaged reputation) worth the extra $14.5M?
Wasn't their offer from the B12 contingent on being there this season?
Or, based on who they could/couldn't have gotten instead, did WVU fall for a $14.5M bluff?

Wasn't their offer from the B12 contingent on being there this season?
Or, based on who they could/couldn't have gotten instead, did WVU fall for a $14.5M bluff?

I think it was. The B12 needed ten teams for their TV contract.

Other consideration has to be agreeing to schedule some number of OOC tilts with BE teams in BB and FB for some period of time. Pretty easy for BB. In FB not much flexability on future schedules.

...to the Big 12, yes. Worth it to WVU? Not sure about that. Time will certainly tell.

From a purely dollars-and-cents aspect it's hard to imagine it not being worth it to WVU.

They're reaping a financial windfall, and if it took over-paying to get out of the BE on the B12's timetable, then so be it.

I have just one thing to ask of you when you start ACC football: lose to FSU. Those poor Noles fans have been driven to such desperation that that they have latched on WVU as a savior. And what has driven them insane? Losing 4 of 6 to Wake. FSU fans simply cannot tolerate losing to private 'basketball' schools. So in the name of helping Seminole sanity, just throw the game to FSU.

July 16, 2012
Comment from ACC Commissioner John Swofford on Syracuse joining the ACC on July 1, 2013
“The ACC looks forward to the arrival of Syracuse as a playing member on July 1, 2013. Syracuse will be an outstanding addition to the ACC. We’ve been preparing to welcome them into our membership and I’m pleased that Syracuse and the Big East were able to come to an agreement. As a league, we continue to be excited about our future.”

I, for one, welcome our new ACC overlords.

kent_brockman.gif

This is one of those things that I had mentally prepared for, but it's so nice to hear it officially.

No lawsuits, no media sword fights, just a simple, quick announcement that we've reached agreement are moving on.

The way SU does business is something to be admired. We rule.

...to the Big 12, yes. Worth it to WVU? Not sure about that. Time will certainly tell.

They needed the 10th member this fall to not void their TV contract. The price was steep, but worth it to them to keep their over-priced contract.

From a purely dollars-and-cents aspect it's hard to imagine it not being worth it to WVU.

They're reaping a financial windfall, and if it took over-paying to get out of the BE on the B12's timetable, then so be it.
basically the college athletic grim reaper held a gun to their head, told them the bigeast was dead...and then asked 2 questions:

1. can you find a new home??
2. how much is it worth to you??

they found a home and paid. god bless em.

id be willing to bet that storz and rutgers would be writing 15MM checks to get in the bevo if asked.

basically the college athletic grim reaper held a gun to their head, told them the bigeast was dead...and then asked 2 questions:

1. can you find a new home??
2. how much is it worth to you??

they found a home and paid. god bless em.

id be willing to bet that storz and rutgers would be writing 15MM checks to get in the bevo if asked.

Heck, they would write $15MM checks just to get on a waiting list at this point.

Looking forward to painting the ACC logo my driveway - and having the best fans in America offend the heck out of the southeast as we take over their gyms. SUball

I love our locust fanbase.

My girlfriend is a huge UNC fan from Chapel Hill. She's dreading having to deal with us. I look forward to the first trip to the Dean Dome.

Per Andy Katz source with BE...Pitt out by Fall 2013. Does that mean they will miss 2013 football in ACC? I bet not, but it appears the BE is playing chicken with them now and hoping for an increased exit fee.

Pitt is at an impasse with the BE. They want out a year early bur at the same exit fee of $5m. They haven't budged...yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom