ACC Move Official... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Move Official...

Pitt is at an impasse with the BE. They want out a year early bur at the same exit fee of $5m. They haven't budged...yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
no reason to think they wont take this deal.

lawyers fees would probably be 2.5mill.

Opened a bottle of 1998 Imagery Old Vine Zin that I've been saving for a special occasion. Thanks Big East. It's been fun.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I have just one thing to ask of you when you start ACC football: lose to FSU. Those poor Noles fans have been driven to such desperation that that they have latched on WVU as a savior. And what has driven them insane? Losing 4 of 6 to Wake. FSU fans simply cannot tolerate losing to private 'basketball' schools. So in the name of helping Seminole sanity, just throw the game to FSU.

Is that you Dude?

Great job by Doc Gross and the the wee one! Doc deserves an extension for this deal as it is one of the biggest in Syracuse History

They picked up the ball after Jake and Buzz dropped it.

Any place is better than the Waffle House! Their coffee tastes like lukewarm dishwater.

Waffle House is also the last stop on the waitress train. Nowhere else to go.

Always felt like a good 40 mph gust would take down any Waffle House.

Coffee and an oil change

Got a good laugh on this one...because it's so very true.

18849_1185449396279_1229598368_30424497_6028321_n.jpg

Ha!! That place is about 40 miles from my house. Biggest tourist trap on earth. I mean I know I always wanted to climb up a giant sombrero tower
P1000486.jpg

It's more sketch in person. Pictures cannot do it justice.

Ha!! That place is about 40 miles from my house. Biggest tourist trap on earth. I mean I know I always wanted to climb up a giant sombrero tower
I used to drive past that place going back and forth from Atlanta to Charlotte (or Syracuse), and it was a fun waypoint. Having recently driven from SoCal to Vegas, I can say that the effect is similar, but on a much smaller scale. :)

Jim Gaffigan is a funny man. His take on Waffle House.

Surprised they didn't sue him.

Now that we are moving to the ACC (Finally), its clear we need to have a discussion of food in ACC land and restaurants in the ACC states.

This is not the part of the country to go for gourmet food. And there are a lot of bad restaurants serving awful stuff. It’s an area where quantity trumps quality. And where the population has a preference for greasy, fatty, starchy food. They have fast food stands that serve nothing but bisquits swimming in chicken gravy.

A renown North Carolina treat would be “An RC Cola and a moon pie”. The RC Cola is 16 oz sugar and water, while the moon pie is a pie that appears to have been fried. More fat and more sugar.

For example, the concept like “al dente” is beyond foreign to the native population.

Against that competition, Waffle House isn’t all that bad, if you keep it simple. I had a favorite one where I eat breakfast next to the Columbia, SC airport. It’s hard to screw eggs up.

What you need to avoid at all costs are big BBQ places that advertise with billboards. These places featuring a smorgasbord approach are uniformly disappointing.

I have seen green beans in these places that have been sitting in hot water so long that the molecules have begun to disassociate. While they still resemble green beans, they have the consistency of mush. Any “snap” or crispness there might have been had been cooked out of them weeks ago.

Now that we are moving to the ACC (Finally), its clear we need to have a discussion of food in ACC land and restaurants in the ACC states.

This is not the part of the country to go for gourmet food. And there are a lot of bad restaurants serving awful stuff. It’s an area where quantity trumps quality. And where the population has a preference for greasy, fatty, starchy food. They have fast food stands that serve nothing but bisquits swimming in chicken gravy.

A renown North Carolina treat would be “An RC Cola and a moon pie”. The RC Cola is 16 oz sugar and water, while the moon pie is a pie that appears to have been fried. More fat and more sugar.

For example, the concept like “al dente” is beyond foreign to the native population.

Against that competition, Waffle House isn’t all that bad, if you keep it simple. I had a favorite one where I eat breakfast next to the Columbia, SC airport. It’s hard to screw eggs up.

What you need to avoid at all costs are big BBQ places that advertise with billboards. These places featuring a smorgasbord approach are uniformly disappointing.

I have seen green beans in these places that have been sitting in hot water so long that the molecules have begun to disassociate. While they still resemble green beans, they have the consistency of mush. Any “snap” or crispness there might have been had been cooked out of them weeks ago.

When we play at Chapel Hill, make sure to wear a New York Yankee hat and share your opinion with those around you...and sit far away from me. I'd say wear orange zubas but Chip has the last pair in existance.

I went to ACC country for the first time in late March/early April. It was a golfing trip but my group was also very interested in the food. We visited a place near Chapel Hill called Allen & Sons for authentic Carolina style BBQ. It was a quaint roadside shack. Plain, simple, non pretentious.

We all liked it a lot. Pulled pork with a vinegar based sauce instead of a sweet BBQ sauce. Different but excellent. Also had top notch fresh slaw, even the hush puppies were good. Everyone drank sweet tea but us. Good BBQ in SC too, but that is a story for another day.

When we played at Clemson in the NIT in 2007, we pregamed at a place called The Esso Club, which, obviously, is a converted Esso station, now turned into a road house. It's right down the hill from Littlejohn and their FB stadium. Great joint.

http://theessoclub.com/portal/index.php

When we play at Chapel Hill, make sure to wear a New York Yankee hat and share your opinion with those around you...and sit far away from me. I'd say wear orange zubas but Chip has the last pair in existance.

Hey, I'm not that obtuse. What I "say" to people and what I "think" are often wildly at odds.

On the other hand, the hotels through out the Carolinas and Georgia are almost uniformly much cleaner and better managed than they are any place North of the NC - VA border. The population seems to insist on it.

Hey, I'm not that obtuse. What I "say" to people and what I "think" are often wildly at odds.

On the other hand, the hotels through out the Carolinas and Georgia are almost uniformly much cleaner and better managed than they are any place North of the NC - VA border. The population seems to insist on it.

Oh I know...being a fan that hits quite a few Syracuse away games though, I have seen some of our people do some insanely stupid stuff...my best guess is that they are Philly - bred alumni.

I went to ACC country for the first time in late March/early April. It was a golfing trip but my group was also very interested in the food. We visited a place near Chapel Hill called Allen & Sons for authentic Carolina style BBQ. It was a quaint roadside shack. Plain, simple, non pretentious.

We all liked it a lot. Pulled pork with a vinegar based sauce instead of a sweet BBQ sauce. Different but excellent. Also had top notch fresh slaw, even the hush puppies were good. Everyone drank sweet tea but us. Good BBQ in SC too, but that is a story for another day.
Can't stand that Carolina-style vinegar BBQ. Bleh.

If you happen to find yourself in the Tidewater area, check out Harpoon Larry's and the County Grill, both on Mercury Blvd near the coliseum. Neither is haute cuisine, but both are fun. At the Grill they bring you a tray with 6 different regional BBQ sauce variants so you get to pick your fave. In Chapel Hill there used to be a place called the Rathskeller that was interesting.

I hear there is a gourmet lollipop store in Blacksburg.

Hey - I ate at Allen & Sons last year. It was a roadhouse and it was good.

The BBQ in North Carolina differs between regions. Raleigh and east (for the most part) uses a vinegar based sauce and use the whole pig where as in WNC we use more of a tomato based sauce and use mostly just the pork shoulder. I like both but western style is my preference.

Good BBQ in SC too, but that is a story for another day.

Did you find that hole in the wall BB place in Myrtle Beach called "Little Pigs" or the "Pig Stand" or something like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom