ACC Network Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the sports package. I would say yes because I also get the Big 10 and SEC networks and never had to sign up for them. As to which channel they have nothing listed for the ACC Network on their website yet but it will probably be somewhere in the 600s.

That what I would assume because I have the sports package as well. I didn't know if it was mentioned and I missed it.

That what I would assume because I have the sports package as well. I didn't know if it was mentioned and I missed it.
I did edit my reply as I also have the regional sports package. No wonder I'm on a fan sports site. ;)

Just got off the phone with Comcast. Wasn’t expecting any new news but was hoping maybe they had a script or something for customers asking about it. Rep had no clue what I was talking about (she was super nice). She put me on hold and asked someone else. Still in negotiations. The crazy thing to me is that I see a lot of news articles telling customers to put pressure on their providers... how?
One of our posters called Comcast's corporate HQ in Philly. (Really the only people who know. The nice folks on the customer service phone lines and in the stores are being kept in the dark by corporate.) The person he spoke to there did not think that the negotiations would be resolved in time to have the first month of ACC Network programming. It's a matter of money. Comcast, of course, is claiming the high ground of defending their subscribers from the extortionate costs Disney is demanding for the ACC Network. As if. I would go along 100% with the recommendation that as many people as possible bombard Comcast's Twitter account with demands they have the ACCN.

One of our posters called Comcast's corporate HQ in Philly. (Really the only people who know. The nice folks on the customer service phone lines and in the stores are being kept in the dark by corporate.) The person he spoke to there did not think that the negotiations would be resolved in time to have the first month of ACC Network programming. It's a matter of money. Comcast, of course, is claiming the high ground of defending their subscribers from the extortionate costs Disney is demanding for the ACC Network. As if. I would go along 100% with the recommendation that as many people as possible bombard Comcast's Twitter account with demands they have the ACCN.
Good info to have, thank you so much!

Here is a link to the post on our football board. Apologize for not including it the first time.

I have a co-worker that just told me about beast TV, $120 a year. IPTV that has 2500 + channels and I'm going to have him check to see if they get the ACCN on launch day (he said has all the others Big Ten, SEC and 50 plus ESPN) I'm thinking it will. I'll be dropping down to internet only with crapcast and picking Beast TV if they get it.
He has had it over 5ish months and has zero stability issues or outages with it.
Beast TV | Beast IPTV Official Subscriptions | Beast TV Instant Activation!

I have a co-worker that just told me about beast TV, $120 a year. IPTV that has 2500 + channels and I'm going to have him check to see if they get the ACCN on launch day (he said has all the others Big Ten, SEC and 50 plus ESPN) I'm thinking it will. I'll be dropping down to internet only with crapcast and picking Beast TV if they get it.
He has had it over 5ish months and has zero stability issues or outages with it.
Beast TV | Beast IPTV Official Subscriptions | Beast TV Instant Activation!
Interesting. I’ll have to see how “legal” they are and if they support my TV-connected devices.

3 concurrent streams is a good thing...

So what channel is the ACC network on directtv? Do you need the sports package?
Anybody? I also have been trying to figure it out. Assume in 600s but hoping right below the ESPNs

So what channel is the ACC network on directtv? Do you need the sports package?

I'm looking at Spectrum's program guide for Aug 22, and there's no ACCN listed yet.

I assume that we'll all find out what our new favorite channel # is sometime before 7 PM on the 22nd.

That is kind of weird. Syracuse fans played a key role in getting Spectrum on board. So yay, we did good!

We have a strong presence in NYS. Comcast has almost no coverage there.

We have a strong presence in central Florida. Comcast has almost no coverage there.

We have a strong presence in North Carolina. Comcast has almost no coverage there.

Comcast does have some coverage in NJ, especially the southern part and eastern PA, both areas with some SU presence. They have strong coverage in the DC metro area, where we are also strong. And we are strong in New England, especially around Boston, another area with strong Comcast coverage.

Comcast is big near Chicago (ND). BC fans also need to step up, as do Pitt fans (Comcast is very big in SW PA). It is big near Atlanta (hello GT and Clemson fans), northern FLA (FSU) and southern FLA (Miami). I guess VT still has some fans in Northern VA and it looks like there is a strong presence near Blackburn as well. UVa has to have some fans in Northern VA as well.

Let’s get after Comcast you big slackers.

It’s an ACC directive that asked all schools in the league to post something from an account. Has nothing to do with Syracuse.

https://twitter.com/pitt_athletics/status/1162472851838066689?s=21

https://twitter.com/bceagles/status/1162342837511262209?s=21

Day 1
No extra cost if you already have Hulu Live TV
Totally using my friends hulu account and sadly have no idea if hulu live tv is even a part of it. Is that a 2nd tier hulu package?

Totally using my friends hulu account and sadly have no idea if hulu live tv is even a part of it. Is that a 2nd tier hulu package?
Hulu Live is altogether different than normal Hulu. It provides live tv and dvr functions.

hopefully spectrum figures out the channel placement before then and lets people know

I don’t understand why everyone is stressing over what number channel it’ll be on. On 8/22, hit the guide button on your remote.
spectrums guide has like 1000 + channels it would be easier to know

The games also not on in 5 minutes. Stressing about the channel number today seems a little silly.
until it is officially on a lineup im not going to take post standard as gospel that it will be on select tv package

you cant even search for it in the directv guides yet. other times they added channels you got notices way in advance

I don’t understand why everyone is stressing over what number channel it’ll be on. On 8/22, hit the guide button on your remote.

No stress. More like curious because there aren't too many things in life I'm prepared for ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.