ACC Network Thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in, boys (and ladies):

Hearing from a friend that ACCN will be on Spectrum channel 388 in Buffalo area. I'm assuming that might be standard for a lot of other areas as well?

I can't wait for the Roy Williams Colonoscopy Special (with multiple camera angles).

I realize and understand that Duke is a ratings winner for ESPN, but it's football season and you'd think football, and the defending national champions, would take precedence in August.

not sure how regional it can be for some people.. directv has only 1 feed
We’ll have to see about that. SECN has a primary and alternate feed (611 & 611-1).
Other than football, the ACC has an extra school (15 vs. 14).
Channels 609, 612 and 613 are still available. BTN is on 610.

I suspect that 612 will be it.

Last edited:
Duke basketball is the national brand in the ACC that has had the longest hold on the country. Of course the network would lead off with this.

If you hate that any other teams or programs are going to be highlighted besides Syracuse, then you were expecting something different, and the ACC channel is not right for you

We’ll have to see about that. SECN has a primary and alternate feed (611 & 611-1).
Other than football, the ACC has an extra school (15 bs. 14).

no i mean that cable has the ability to show stuff based on location, every city can actually insert shows if they wanted too.. directv/dish have east.west feeds but they are on different channels..

you wont get one acc show on 61x in ny and a different show on 61x in NC..

in theory it could be done on something like youtube but then people who spoof VPN might have issues too.

no i mean that cable has the ability to show stuff based on location, every city can actually insert shows if they wanted too.. directv/dish have east.west feeds but they are on different channels..

you wont get one acc show on 61x in ny and a different show on 61x in NC..

in theory it could be done on something like youtube but then people who spoof VPN might have issues too.
I understand all that. There will be a single national feed for the ACCN, with possibly one alternate a la the SEC. All additional events that are concurrently broadcast (as in all home SU events) will be streamed on ACCNextra as they have been the last two+ years.

Last edited:
This just in, boys (and ladies):

Hearing from a friend that ACCN will be on Spectrum channel 388 in Buffalo area. I'm assuming that might be standard for a lot of other areas as well?

Right now 388 is a big 10 alternate channel. Seems odd they would change that but as long as it’s somewhere

Duke basketball is the national brand in the ACC that has had the longest hold on the country. Of course the network would lead off with this.

If you hate that any other teams or programs are going to be highlighted besides Syracuse, then you were expecting something different, and the ACC channel is not right for you

It’s football season. Start off with Clemson.

Channel 388 in Syracuse. They are running a video advertising the channel now.

Whelp still no news for ACCN on Comcast, guess we need to pack up and move to Syracuse...

I'm in the same boat. Went from being able to watch almost all of the games to now will be missing a bunch. I'm not paying for more T.V. and I really don't want to drop Xfinity for Hulu or whatever. Oh well, the fall will be less stressful.

Just cancelled my SlingTV and signed up for YoutubeTV using Firestick.
When I asked Sling about the ACCN, their response: "We're not carrying it right now, but that may change in the future. Do you still want to cancel"? Hell, to the YEAH!!

Just cancelled my SlingTV and signed up for YoutubeTV using Firestick.
When I asked Sling about the ACCN, their response: "We're not carrying it right now, but that may change in the future. Do you still want to cancel"? Hell, to the YEAH!!
Did you do the end around to get it on fire stick?

Other than football, the ACC has an extra school (15 vs. 14).

Directv is 612 per syr.com
I believe that they’re just going by my post. ;)

Last edited:
Anything about channel for Optimum in NYC/CT?
According to the ACC, Optimum is on board.

How can I get ACCN in time for the August 2019 launch?
ESPN is working hard to ensure that ACCN will be broadly available via video providers across the country. Carriage agreements are already in place with the following video providers: DIRECTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, PlayStation Vue, Spectrum, Suddenlink, TVision, Verizon Fios, YouTubeTV, as well as, members of the NRTC and Vivicast Media and more. For the latest updates and list, please visit GetACCN.com. You can also contact your pay TV provider and request that they carry ACCN as part of its channel lineup.

ACC Network Frequently Asked Questions

Did you do the end around to get it on fire stick?
Sure did. Went on youtube and looked up "How to get YoutubeTV on Firestick". Didn't know there was an ongoing feud between Amazon and Youtube regarding use of devices on their apps. It was easy to get around it though, & now I'm all set!

Status
Not open for further replies.