ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

UNC has played Stanford before in both revenue sports. I'm fairly certain we've never played Washington in football.

That said, Husky Stadium is one of the most unique in the country. So playing there would be fun. If the ACC and Pac work out some such deal, I expect to UNC to be making the rounds of all of them eventually.
We have i went to the last one in Seattle

If I were King, I would construct a conference of:

Syracuse

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Boston College

Rutgers

WVU

Maryland

Cincinnati

Virginia Tech

With regular games against:

ND

Miami

Army

Navy

But I’m not King. It’s never going to happen. What I want, as a fan, means nothing. Ten years in, I still feel no real kinship with ACC teams.

Syracuse

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Boston College

Rutgers

WVU

Maryland

Cincinnati

Virginia Tech

ND

Miami

Army

Navy

But I’m not King. It’s never going to happen. What I want, as a fan, means nothing. Ten years in, I still feel no real kinship with ACC teams.
I think you are a King All. You just don’t have a country yet.

Syracuse

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Boston College

Rutgers

WVU

Maryland

Cincinnati

Virginia Tech

ND

Miami

Army

Navy

I would definitely drop Cincy from that.

I think you have to include:

SU, Pitt, Penn State, WV, BC, RU, MD, Temple (these are our Top 7 FBS historical opponents)

Then depending on how large you want to go:

Navy, Miami, Army, VA Tech, UConn, Notre Dame (the first four are 8th, 9th, 11th, and 12th)

If you need to round off to get an even number:

Cincy, ECU

I prefer round robin leagues (original Big East + Penn State and Maryland, or Notre Dame too) but having all 16 of the above wouldn't be bad either.

Some more grist for the mill from USA Today via our board. This list only has public schools because they can get the info via state FOIA laws.

18433301_0.jpg

Some more grist for the mill from USA Today via our board. This list only has public schools because they can get the info via state FOIA laws.

View attachment 228723

LOL @ UConn.

Also - SUNJ may have $109M in “revenue”,
but they prolly also have $140M in expenses.

Shady’s chopper ain’t gonna pay for itself.

View attachment 228723
How much debt do MD, Rutgirls and Yukon have left? There will likely be others as well.

How much debt do MD, Rutgirls and Yukon have left? There will likely be others as well.
I would imagine there would have been line items about debt service, but finding out how much they still owe would have be the subject of another FOIA.

I would imagine there would have been line items about debt service, but finding out how much they still owe would have be the subject of another FOIA.
1687288178244.png

This was the end of fiscal year 2022 for Yukon ($2.2 Billion). It's interesting being a state funded institution without a true endowment. I guess the state can fund them whatever the tax payers are willing to spend.

Without OU nd Texas? That is not a truly Major conference in football. It's the leftovers from the SEC killing the SWC and then severely crippling the old Big 12.
Well, they got an at large team(TCU) into a 4-Team Playoff. Presumably, they will continue to place their teams into an expanded one.

Without OU nd Texas? That is not a truly Major conference in football. It's the leftovers from the SEC killing the SWC and then severely crippling the old Big 12.
Small step below the ACC and quite frankly in 3 years who knows what could happen

Well, they got an at large team(TCU) into a 4-Team Playoff. Presumably, they will continue to place their teams into an expanded one.
With 12 teams, sure. But the fact is that when your league loses its 2 football giants it becomes harder for everybody else to recruit. TCU rose by landing a whole bunch of 3* kids with good work ethic who wanted to beat UT and OU badly. Now all TCU has it for its recruits is to want to beat Ok St and Houston - not nearly the same thing.

With 12 teams, sure. But the fact is that when your league loses its 2 football giants it becomes harder for everybody else to recruit. TCU rose by landing a whole bunch of 3* kids with good work ethic who wanted to beat UT and OU badly. Now all TCU has it for its recruits is to want to beat Ok St and Houston - not nearly the same thing.
TCU recruiting ranked #60 last year. They are #21 2023. Other Big 12 schools, including TT/BU/OSU, are still recruiting in a similar vein as pre UT/OU announcement.

IMO everything would need to break right for the ACC to stay #3. The B12 is better positioned to be #3. If the ACC survives (if SU gets left behind I hope it does), it will more likely be the MWC of the East.
The big 12 is only better positioned because all the schools have value for big10 and sec have already taken them so they have nothing left

The big 12 is only better positioned because all the schools have value for big10 and sec have already taken them so they have nothing left
Agree to a point. They still have big state schools, in states that actually care about College football. Also have had the best basketball conference over the past few years.

And Nebraska previously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom