ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Looks like it may just be AZ. ASU is balking. Crow is really putting his athletic department in a tough spot for no logical reason
asu has other options, they won't be left to mwc, arizona only really had big 12 or mwc as options

So Washington wants coin to absorb travel in the B10 outside of their annual. I wonder if some of the PAC teams are trying to drive B10 to take larger group to create West size division.

If the ACC expanded I wanted Texas schools far more than any PAC, probably too late now.
Once the Big 12 acted quickly, it righted its ship and moved head.

I also think that having TCU, Baylor, and TTU would have been good. I never wanted KU anywhere near the ACC.

I have no desire to watch NFL 2.0. I’ll love college football because it is different. I’ll just watch the NFL and ditch college if it gets to that point. Unfortunately it looks like we are heading in that direction.

Once the Big 12 acted quickly, it righted its ship and moved head.

I also think that having TCU, Baylor, and TTU would have been good. I never wanted KU anywhere near the ACC.

Your school is sitting in the proverbial cat bird seat. Hopefully $ doesn't sway UNC and others to leave even if FSU and Clemson take off.

What stinks as much as the $ part of college football are the Phallic issues fans have with bigger stadiums and how much $ they rake in along with the winning. I knew it was always there but when I used to post on rivals it was the most annoying thing ever.

I think ASU, if they ultimately bail on the Big 12 move, is banking on the eventual expansion of the Big 10 and/or SEC to 24 and one of them wanting the PHX market.

It's an intriguing play, but my question is - why not join the Big 12 now and worry about that later? I guess they are thinking that the reduced share the Big 10 is offering Oregon and Washington won't be enough to sway the schools to go, thus protecting the PAC 12 a bit longer. Which may bear out, but I doubt it - Oregon has already signaled it will accept a Big 10 invite if offered. Beyond that, they are costing he program $10 mill a year each year along the way, if not more.

If the Big 10 adds those two, and AZ goes Big 12, ASU will be left, at least for now, in a very weak conference that is made up of the PAC remnants and probably some MWC schools that will likely get even a worse deal than the one Apple is currently offering.

I get that the PAC may be more of a culture fit (I really do...as someone who has now spent a lot of time on both campuses, more so U of Az, they both definitely feel more the PAC vibe than the Big 12, ASU probably even moreso). But Syracuse was a better fit in the Big East until that position was untenable. Most of the ACC is a very different vibe from Syracuse. But...it was a necessary move and honestly, I've grown to appreciate our differences.

I just don't get the play.

Last edited:
I think ASU, if they ultimately bail on the Big 12 move, is banking on the eventual expansion of the Big 10 and/or SEC to 24 and one of them wanting the PHX market.

It's an intriguing play, but my question is - why not join the Big 12 now and worry about that later? I guess they are thinking that the reduced share the Big 10 is offering Oregon and Washington won't be enough to sway the schools to go, thus protecting the PAC 12 a bit longer. Which may bear out, but I doubt it - Oregon has already signaled it will accept a Big 10 invite if offered. Beyond that, they are costing he program $10 mill a year each year along the way, if not more.

If the Big 10 adds those two, and AZ goes Big 12, ASU will be left, at least for now, in a very weak conference that is made up of the PAC remnants and probably some MWC schools that will likely get even a worse deal than the one Apple is currently offering.

I get that the PAC may be more of a culture fit (I really do...as someone who has now spent a lot of time on both campuses, more so U of Az, they both definitely feel more the PAC vibe than the Big 12, ASU probably even moreso). But Syracuse was a better fit in the Big East until that position was untenable. Most of the ACC is a very different vibe from Syracuse. But...it was a necessary move and honestly, I've grown to appreciate our differences.

I just don't get the play.

They will jump to B12 at their first chance. You’re arguing a hypothetical that isn’t going to happen.

Read NC Cunningham take on FSU loudmouths. Good for him for speaking up.
Love his line
" We all want more money and to win more games"
Nice subtle jab at Blowhard for not winning much at FSU.
He also lays down the facts on FSU leaving.
" They can leave... pay exit fee... give up tv rights till 2036...
Excellent job by Bubba. Give his interview a listen its solid.

I wouldn't congratulate them for their final kill shot of the Pac12. It's very sad. That was a great conference with great tradition - including typically beating the B1G in the Rose Bowl for many years - and it wasn't all USC and UCLA.
Im not saying Im happy with overall realignment, im just saying that their conf commissioners should be congratulated for the 180 of the conference after the Tex and Ok defections.

I have no desire to watch NFL 2.0. I’ll love college football because it is different. I’ll just watch the NFL and ditch college if it gets to that point. Unfortunately it looks like we are heading in that direction.
My interest has dwindled already with cfb outside of Syracuse. Too predictable. Schools are selling themselves out for money over winning.

They will jump to B12 at their first chance. You’re arguing a hypothetical that isn’t going to happen.
ASU President Crow last night, at the Board of Regents Meeting was once again arguing in favor of "hearing out" the PAC-12. He's been a flip flopper all week.

The PAC scheduled another meeting today to discuss the media deal and a proposed GOR and Crow decided to hear the PAC 12 commish out before committing, meanwhile Arizona chose to move ahead because there is quite literally noi way for Crow to find money where it aint

They may uiltimately go, but the Big 12 may look at this indecision and say, we are good at 14 for now.

ASU President Crow last night, at the Board of Regents Meeting was once again arguing in favor of "hearing out" the PAC-12. He's been a flip flopper all week.

The PAC scheduled another meeting today to discuss the media deal and a proposed GOR and Crow decided to hear the PAC 12 commish out before committing, meanwhile Arizona chose to move ahead.

They may uiltimately go, but the Big 12 may look at this indecision and say, we are good at 14 for now.

The problem with that is if UO, UW and/or Stanford get offered by the Big 10 they are gone.

Pretty obvious it will be four super conferences or three even with all that money at these conferences it’s always hard to keep
Everyone happy many of these schools will have money but won’t win anything

My interest has dwindled already with cfb outside of Syracuse. Too predictable. Schools are selling themselves out for money over winning.
I noticed that about my interest when I was doing our site bowl contest last season. I had no idea about any of the teams other than the few I had a direct rooting interest in.

Pretty obvious it will be four super conferences or three even with all that money at these conferences it’s always hard to keep
Everyone happy many of these schools will have money but won’t win anything

4 x 18.

I’ve been saying it for a couple years now.. I kind of hope Syracuse “misses out” on whatever this is becoming and plays in whatever is left of college football.

I’d rather watch something closer to real college football and have an actual shot at winning then watch nonsensical minor league football that only exists because it makes a couple guys more rich

Larry Scott was one very stupid man about college sports. And he represented Pac arrogance perfectly.

I think that's harsh. He was naive. He had a true conference where traditional rivalries, geography, academics, and athletic interests were all aligned. He was early (timing is everything) on cable deals and having a network. Really, in division 1, only the Ivy league was less soiled. He had a good thing.

He simply didnt recognize the depravity and greed that permeated through major college athletics and the palpable "fear of missing out" or being left behind.

I’ve been saying it for a couple years now.. I kind of hope Syracuse “misses out” on whatever this is becoming and plays in whatever is left of college football.

I’d rather watch something closer to real college football and have an actual shot at winning then watch nonsensical minor league football that only exists because it makes a couple guys more rich
Going to be real interesting when USC and UCLA are going 3-9 and they are drawing 25,000 fans because nobody in SoCal has any attention span longer than 5 minutes and hates losers.

Going to be real interesting when USC and UCLA are going 3-9 and they are drawing 25,000 fans because nobody in SoCal has any attention span longer than 5 minutes and hates losers.
Yeah but they’ll get to play football in Piscataway, New Jersey so it’s all worth it at the end of the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom