ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

But is the remainder of the Big12 + new guys better than what would be left in the ACC (sans FSU and Clemson) in terms of Dollars/program? There isnt a big name there football wise. Stability can fluctuate but that doesn't mean you're necessarily in a better spot for now.
An ACC sans Fla St & Clemson will then become an ACC sans UNC & Virginia and, at that point, the rest of the ACC is toast.

That's what makes the Big 12 more stable than the ACC. No one left that B1G/SEC want.
Actually the SEC could trump the Big by adding the ACC, for your first Super Conference. Notre Dame would come outside of football. But they from what I have heard have wanted to schedule Texas on a regular basis.

If 4 schools leave the Acc and are all on the hook for 400 million and that gets spread out that’s quite a bit of $$$ spread out to the remaining schools.

If 4 schools leave the Acc and are all on the hook for 400 million and that gets spread out that’s quite a bit of $$$ spread out to the remaining schools.
Player NIL packages couldn't be touched by the SEC or B1G.
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

An ACC sans Fla St & Clemson will then become an ACC sans UNC & Virginia and, at that point, the rest of the ACC is toast.
Still not sure its worse than the current big 12, they dont have a single major football name. At least the ACC would still have Miami and VT as historic names. Best name the big 12 has is maybe west Virginia, possibly OSU?

Ok my post will probably be stupid, maybe even childish - but who made FSU the king of ACC football? The past 8 years from 2015-2022 they have been 32-32 or just 50% within the ACC football conference. In those same 8 years they have been 58-40 overall. Are they saying they have stunk within the conference because they lack money and need much more money than their conference mates to be better than a meh ACC team?

Their best record in 8 years was last year when they went 10-3 overall with all 3 losses within conference. Has the ACC conference become too tough for them? Their best in conference record was back in 2015 with 6 wins, last year they had 5. Guess I don’t get where they think that they are the boss of the ACC to dictate anything? I admit I’m far from an expert but it makes no sense to me from my point of view just looking at the numbers.
heard a rumor that they are pissed because, to get them to sign the GOR, they were told by the ACC that the TV revenue would be a lot higher than it is.... and they have it in writing.

Hearing a rumor from UW board that it’s UW and Stanford for BIG - not Oregon. Want Stanford for academics, Bay area market and to eventually entice Notre Dame. We’ll see.
That sounds like wishful thinking on the part of Seattlers.

heard a rumor that they are pissed because, to get them to sign the GOR, they were told by the ACC that the TV revenue would be a lot higher than it is... and they have it in writing.
baloney

Still not sure its worse than the current big 12, they dont have a single major football name. At least the ACC would still have Miami and VT as historic names. Best name the big 12 has is maybe west Virginia, possibly OSU?
TCU was in NC last year and Baylor has been better than Texas last 10 years plus. Baylor, TCU and Okie St would be great for the ACC IMO.

Last edited:
heard a rumor that they are pissed because, to get them to sign the GOR, they were told by the ACC that the TV revenue would be a lot higher than it is... and they have it in writing.
Guess they should have won more games and played more exciting football.

TCU was in NC last year and Baylor has been better than Texas last 10 years plus.
The recent success is great but they dont carry the same brand value and that is what this is all about. Texas is terrible but no one would say that TCU is out drawing texas.

LOL They have in writing that the tv revenue would be higher. That is too funny. The tv money was what it was. That is what they have in writing.

The recent success is great but they dont carry the same brand value and that is what this is all about. Texas is terrible but no one would say that TCU is out drawing texas.
Agree just making a comment that both have been very good and serious brands, great in hoops also.

This is exactly right. Sankey knows (1) ND will most likely never join the SEC regardless and (2) they will most likely never join any other conference so as long as they have a path to the CFP without being in a conference. So expanded playoffs allows the SEC to not worry about ND joining the Big 10.

And don't forget that little caveat that if ND were to join a conference before 2035-2036, it's contracted to be the ACC. So if they were to go to the B1G - there's a payout.

Yeah, it's probably a projections chart. That's nothing contractural.
that's fair, and who knows if the rumor is true.

if the rumor does have some validity, at the very least it's something they can at least argue (and argue the penalty payment down). also heard rumors there was discussion about securing financing all a sudden for some reason during the board meeting. thrown in a loan to bridge the timing of penalty payment outflow and revenue inflows, this might be more of a possibility than we originally thought

Last edited:
So ACC waits to talk to PAC until all HE** breaks loose? Sounds about right. Seems like the ACC is always one step behind.

Ya know I can hold 2 fingers in front of my eye and make it look like I am squishing the moon. It doesn't mean I am squishing the moon but it looks it. Before people start saying the ACC was late to the dance, let's hear and see what is really factual and true. I read an article on here and a comment from a few ACC ADs was to paraphrase "You don't think we looked at everyone?" Hard to say what is true right now in this situation. 8 days ago realignment was dead and then Colorado happened. That set off domino's. ACC could very well have flushed out options up to 2 months ago. No one was screaming for Colorado on this forum. Once PAC media deal was confirmed, it opened doors. B10 being one of them. So is the ACC going to trump B10 for Wash, Oregon, Stanford and whomever else? Honestly I hope the B10 take 4 because then they are likely done for good.

TCU was in NC last year and Baylor has been better than Texas last 10 years plus. Baylor, TCU and Okie St would be great for the ACC IMO.
If you want to get as much of the TX market as possible, and you can take 3, you take Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech.

Ya know I can hold 2 fingers in front of my eye and make it look like I am squishing the moon. It doesn't mean I am squishing the moon but it looks it. Before people start saying the ACC was late to the dance, let's hear and see what is really factual and true. I read an article on here and a comment from a few ACC ADs was to paraphrase "You don't think we looked at everyone?" Hard to say what is true right now in this situation. 8 days ago realignment was dead and then Colorado happened. That set off domino's. ACC could very well have flushed out options up to 2 months ago. No one was screaming for Colorado on this forum. Once PAC media deal was confirmed, it opened doors. B10 being one of them. So is the ACC going to trump B10 for Wash, Oregon, Stanford and whomever else? Honestly I hope the B10 take 4 because then they are likely done for good.
How could the B1G stop after taking more Pac12 schools? They're conspicuously absent from the American Southeast, one of the most populous areas in the US. They absolutely wait until UNC, UVA, Miami, and Georgia Tech become available. Virginia, North Carolina, South Florida, and Georgia. Then B1G is done.

How could the B1G stop after taking more Pac12 schools? They're conspicuously absent from the American Southeast, one of the most populous areas in the US. They absolutely wait until UNC, UVA, Miami, and Georgia Tech become available. Virginia, North Carolina, South Florida, and Georgia. Then B1G is done.
Only if they add money. Say what you want, network deals are not unlimited. Also not sure they anticipated looking to add 4 from the PAC. Nothing is certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom