ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Can you list the “premium” teams that would have chosen the ACC over the B10 or SEC and give a little insight why they would have?
Some people don’t seem to understand….the reasons that the ACC was the best fit for us are also the reasons that PSU and Texas were never going to join. They’re the same reasons we aren’t going to land in the SEC or the B1G. I’ve made my peace with this.

Even worse, I bet the majority of college football fans are outside the Big 10/SEC. Consolidation to two kills it for the majority of us. NFL you can find a team. Not so easy from a college football perspective

I wonder if ESPN/Fox realize that

C’mon, let’s get this thread back on topic.

AF8D765E-C4BE-4EEC-827E-FFF778CB75A1.jpeg

God I hate this isht- it's frickin' exhausting.
If the ACC could've stayed unified, they'd be in much better shape for survival.
Fsu has always been delusional about their stature. At this point you let them know in no uncertain terms to not let the door hit them, where the good Lord split em.
And ffs, make them pay every penny on the way out- no negotiating, no settlements, nothing! You think you're such hot isht, then pay the fkc up...or shut the fkc up. Period

Last edited:
Other than the whole GOR thing. Why don’t Clemson, Miami, FSU have anywhere to go because Arizona is prob joining the B12? Not getting the connection.

Yeah, that was a strange comment. I though they were all SEC targets, not Big10.

Other than the whole GOR thing. Why don’t Clemson, Miami, FSU have anywhere to go because Arizona is prob joining the B12? Not getting the connection.

Ya not sure I'm following Dodd there with that correlation. Unless he thinks the B10 won't add any P12 leftovers which means no pressure on the SEC to respond. Miami doesn't seem a fit for either anyway.

He may be thinking the SEC won't take them because they already have teams in FL and SC; and, if UO and UW (and other PAC's?) head off to the B1G, there is no room for additional teams there.

Kudos to the B12 management. They were on deaths door and appear to have flipped the script.
I wouldn't congratulate them for their final kill shot of the Pac12. It's very sad. That was a great conference with great tradition - including typically beating the B1G in the Rose Bowl for many years - and it wasn't all USC and UCLA.

I wouldn't congratulate them for their final kill shot of the Pac12. It's very sad. That was a great conference with great tradition - including typically beating the B1G in the Rose Bowl for many years - and it wasn't all USC and UCLA.
Utah, Washington and Oregon held down the conference when both were shells of themselves.

Overall, what happened to the Pac 12 is an unmitigated disaster for Larry Scott. He may end up as the worst commissioner in American sports history; professional and "amateur". His arrogance and poor business acumen destroyed a great regional brand.

Looks like it may just be AZ. ASU is balking. Crow is really putting his athletic department in a tough spot for no logical reason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom