ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 189 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

so if the Pac 12 basically tried to save everyone but WSU and OSU - if the ACC tried a similar thing are we one of those 2?

You’re not adding current P5 schools outside of the PAC 4. That battle has been lost until 2030+.

And if you wait around longer and let the Big12 continue to gobble up smaller growing markets there isn’t going to be a strategy that works if the SEC/B1G raid comes to fruition.

That’s where we are now unfortunately. Have to think outside the box long term.

Idk really see how that’s thinking outside the box though. Bad sports schools in never great sports markets 3 time zones away.
Seems like you’re diluting the product value with these schools.

And the future markets are where the populations are shifting.

If the powers that be think the ACC might suffer the same fate as the opposite coast then maybe they try the Hail Mary. Tell ND they’re either all in or all out.

If they say all out, what’s the difference. If they say we can at least discuss an all in scenario then you get to the table immediately.

so if the Pac 12 basically tried to save everyone but WSU and OSU - if the ACC tried a similar thing are we one of those 2?
Nah, thats wake and Duke. Absolutely useless football brands

Likely BC, Wake and us competing to be ousted...

One thing going for SMU

With DFW and Love nearby: SMU could absolutely host 3 or 4 teams in Olympic Sports for weekend competition. Great way to cut costs

Northern teams like Softball travel Jan-mid March to Southern locales.

SMU could host games in softball, lacrosse, etc...

So if it is just Stanford, Cal, and SMU how does the ACC schedule that? I doubt anyone wants those schools as a perm rival. So you need to go down to 2 perm rivals, which means playing everyone 3x each over 7 seasons. Does UNC really want NC State only 3x in 7 years?

Unless the ACC adds a 9th game, which means playing everyone 2x in 4 years. It would also add TV value.
It will go to 9 or NC can get over it. Might add a fourth. Could be Rice or we add a second school in San Diego State both of which are ranked by US Word News considerably higher than Louisville academically.

Brand new beautiful stadium too.
Isn’t Snap Dragon 35k . It’s really nice, surprised it wasn’t a tad larger capacity but it being home of new MLS side might have something to do with that.

They pay more now but when new deals are negotiated they won’t be the case, especially for the Big 10. Again, no one wanted to leave except Colorado and when the Apple deal was revealed then they decided they had to go and in all 5 cases the ACC would have been last on their lists
Big 10 and SEC TV money is out of reach. The ACC can try to close the gap but that’s it. They had a chance to at least stabilize as the third best conference by adding the strongest PAC 12 and Big 12 programs. Now we’re behind the 8-ball. FYI, the Big 12 TV deal in 2030 won’t be as lucrative. The market is collapsing. And the ACC TV money is projected to be better than the Big 12 in the coming years.

Last edited:
Big 10 and SEC TV money is out of reach. The ACC can try to close the gap but that’s it. They had a chance to at least stabilize as the third best conference by adding the strongest PAC 12 and Big 12 programs. Now we’re behind the 8-ball. FYI, the Big 12 TV deal in 2030 won’t be as lucrative. The market is collapsing. And the ACC TV money will be better than the Big 12 in the coming years.
the big will get a short-term bump. The ACC will get constant bumps for the next 13 years. We will be a solid third place no doubt about that long term.

Likely BC, Wake and us competing to be ousted...

It's easy to think that but idk if it's true. We're the only school in the state of NY, we have by far the biggest brand, has great tv ratings, and historically one of the top private sports schools in the nation and the facilities to back it. The school actually cares about sports.

Last edited:
I have never watched a TCU-SMU game and I would bet 99.9% of the country is the same.

TCU adds no new market, they add no new State, they have a small fanbase.

Do you ever look up any facts at all. I don't think almost anything you say is based on any correct information and your personal conclusions on almost everything seems subpar at best.

Here's the 3rd link I found doing a less than 30 second google search after reading your post. I had no idea but knew if you were writing it, the truth was probably the opposite.

TCU in 2022 was the 13th most watched CFB team with 2.20 mill viewers per game

* Post won't show the link for some reason, keeps making a white screen. But easy to look up. If you can spell google

I wonder if it makes their buyout larger in future years. They may already have their mind made up that they are bolting from the ACC as soon as it's economically feasible.

I wonder if it makes their buyout larger in future years. They may already have their mind made up that they are bolting from the ACC as soon as it's economically feasible.
I mean if they are accretive to the overall media payout the conference gets annually I don’t know why you’d be against it.

If they aren’t accretive I get that, just more weight to carry for the earners.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom