ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 198 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Yeah if this turns into just the SEC and B10 show, I will follow Syracuse for what ever they do and watch the national championship game. I really won't care about the college playoffs. That's it.

Whatever they do, they better be careful.
I used to be kind of a baseball fan, now there are guys going into the HOF I literally never heard of and I’m in my late 40s, not 78 years old

point is people have limited time and dollars

fair to say the big boys could be splitting a smaller pot but with fewer mouths so still happy.

really sucks though

So sick of holier than thou ND. Either join or leave. ACC gave you place to play in 2020 and home for your Olympics.

Funny thing is, ND will chase the money and join B10 in next ten years…
not possible though as they can only join the acc in full until 2036

I used to be kind of a baseball fan, now there are guys going into the HOF I literally never heard of and I’m in my late 40s, not 78 years old

fair to say the big boys could be splitting a smaller pot but with fewer mouths so still happy.

really sucks though
Lol, same. I used to keep score watching baseball on TV. I don't think I've seen a game in 20 years.

I remember the 90s when we could compete against SEC teams and beat Georgia and LSU. Sadly, the thrill of college football is dead to me now.

I'll still watch parts of games, and go to 1 or 2 to spend time with my kid/family/friends, but I just don't care anymore.

really sucks though

I’m in the same boat. Used to religiously watch BB, NBA, and the NFL. BB and NBA I have zero idea who’s won the World Series or NBA championship in most of the last 10 years. I have no idea who most of the players are. I tried watching the Knicks again near the end of the year and had no clue who 90% of them were. I could care less about a crime syndicate CFB season other than watching Syracuse. Watching the B10 play the SEC over and over is about as dull as sports gets.

It used to be that the ACC conference headquarters got an equal revenue share. Why not cut that in half and use the $20 million to give to all schools for their increased travel budget
Used to or still does?

3-5% chance

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

FSU acts like a kid throwing a fit at ToysRUs, will they ever be happy? It seems they will be complaining no matter what, even if ND joins. What the ACC has to worry about is when other schools start to bend their way because they too think they should have more.

If FSU is worried about the $ in the ACC, help find a way to fix it instead they are acting just like children, they need an adult to be in charge not one that acts like this.

FSU acts like a kid throwing a fit at ToysRUs, will they ever be happy? It seems they will be complaining no matter what, even if ND joins. What the ACC has to worry about is when other schools start to bend their way because they too think they should have more.

If FSU is worried about the $ in the ACC, help find a way to fix it instead they are acting just like children, they need an adult to be in charge not one that acts like this.
To further your point, if FSU keeps acting poorly towards the ACC instead of a partner trying to better the ACC, what conference will want them?

Regardless of what happens in the conference realignment near term, I think FSU sees a few administrative changes to more professional personnel in the near term.

To further your point, if FSU keeps acting poorly towards the ACC instead of a partner trying to better the ACC, what conference will want them?

Regardless of what happens in the conference realignment near term, I think FSU sees a few administrative changes to more professional personnel in the near term.

If they add value the money grabbers will want them. It's no coincidence that FSU is acting like this just when their football team is really good again.

But it does nothing for football. This musical chairs of realignment is all about football.
Adding mediocre football teams are not going to move the needle. UConn gets us within travel distance. They are like minded and we can use them as a voting partner against the traditional ACC teams. They can get us back in MSG. The BB rivalry can help us in BB recruiting.

Adding mediocre football teams are not going to move the needle. UConn gets us within travel distance. They are like minded and we can use them as a voting partner against the traditional ACC teams. They can get us back in MSG. The BB rivalry can help us in BB recruiting.
Also would like Cinci and WV but too late

based on the articles i have read i believe that that the ACC is going about this the correct way. Even at a half split that additional revenue per team, estimated at 3m doesn't come close to covering the additional travel cost. Unless ESPN pays up or the other schools take a significant deduction the math doesn't work out.

So it appears Syracuse is a YES Vote for Cal, Stanford, and SMU

While no official Vote has been taken (because you don't call for a vote unless you know the outcome of it), 4 schools are against it (FSU, Clemson, UNC, and UVA) and that would shoot this down. So it appears that Cal, Stanford, and SMU to the ACC is DOA

I was also listening to a BIG 10 podcast yesterday and they said when the Big 10 does go to 20, it won't be west coast teams it will be 2 ACC teams. And they said it won't be FSU/Clemson as they are SEC schools, so this would make sense if UNC/UVA have had backroom talks with the Big 10 and there is something brewing there.

You just answered why the ACC will not add UConn in your own post.
"Adding mediocre football teams are not going to move the needle."

If they add value the money grabbers will want them. It's no coincidence that FSU is acting like this just when their football team is really good again.
FSU gets pounded if they go to they go to the SEC, a middling also ran

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom