ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 295 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I think Michael Jordan being one of the biggest sports name in the world since the early 90s going to your university also helps.
Brand. Not even associated with their football program.

Them acting like they’re a shot caller in a football conference is just your classic case of egos inflated by bojangles

I can honestly say I’ve never watched an SMU athletic event, and didn’t even realize they were a power 5 school.

They’re here because of the Dallas market? Sounds like a southern Rutgers to me.
Wait until 2026 when they make the college playoff

" Dino lets us be blown out"

Just hilarious.
What? There’s no reason not to at least be competitive.

A 30 point loss in unacceptable. FSU isnt Georgia, Bama or OSU

You seem to be taking this personal.
Nope. I just find it all so comical. Particularly administrators and fans of schools who want to leave for greener pastures. So much inane BS being slung. I wish everyone involved would just admit that they would push their grandmother down the stairs if it meant another conference giving them a few more bucks. I'd respect that honesty.

As an aside, many years ago John Calipari spoke at a sales conference I was attending. Someone asked him why he left UK for the Nets. He said "Money. That's it". I don't like John Calipari, but I respect his honesty.

SMU to the ACC feels like DePaul to the Big East.

Regardless, at least we’re doing something. Missed the boat pecking away at the top of the PAC. But need to position ourselves ahead of B12.

Next TV negotiations will be painful for the B12. More dominoes will fall then. I believe they’re next up too, right?
Agree about the DePaul feel but we didn’t miss the boat on the PAC 12. The four schools that went Big 10 would never have chosen the ACC, Colorado wanted the Big 12 badly. Utah and the Arizona schools did not want to leave the PAC 12 at all but had to after Clueless George presented the garbage TV deal. Once that happened, why would those three schools pick the ACC over the Big 12? Both have similar revenue streams but the Big 12 isn’t locked in to their deal for nearly as long and the geography/travel makes way more sense. If someone wants to argue that the ACC should have gone after Cincy/UCF/Houston/BYU, that is a different story, we could have gotten them(maybe not BYU but the other 3 for sure)

The Methodist Cup
511wRAuWJpL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Isn’t it also the other way around too? They tried to bully, threaten the conference to get fellow ACC programs to pay them to stay in the conference or they’d leave. They made their own beds and now they are crying, no tears from fellow ACC conference mates for the situation their own greed created.
Can we get better officiating at Clemson now???

Agree about the DePaul feel but we didn’t miss the boat on the PAC 12. The four schools that went Big 10 would never have chosen the ACC, Colorado wanted the Big 12 badly. Utah and the Arizona schools did not want to leave the PAC 12 at all but had to after Clueless George presented the garbage TV deal. Once that happened, why would those three schools pick the ACC over the Big 12? Both have similar revenue streams but the Big 12 isn’t locked in to their deal for nearly as long and the geography/travel makes way more sense. If someone wants to argue that the ACC should have gone after Cincy/UCF/Houston/BYU, that is a different story, we could have gotten them(maybe not BYU but the other 3 for sure)
I mean it's not even confusing. Oregon and Udub gave us hard ,"No" answers. People keep acting like there was no outreach. Some people on this board are just not hearing the facts. Let's try it: Total and complete failure today!!! We should have been aggressive and gotten Alabama, Ohio State, LSU and Georgia!! Dammit! It's clear we didn't TRY hard enough!!! What the hell!! I don't care about facts, we just should have gotten them AND not take no for an answer!!
Should I have used the sarcasm font? :rolleyes::rolleyes: The schit is what it is.

Tomcat, when we hit Berkeley or Palo alto I’ll grab tee times at Pebble Beach and Spy Glass …. You In ??
I don’t know anything about golf but I visited Pebble Beach in 2012 and it was absolutely gorgeous.

What? There’s no reason not to at least be competitive.

A 30 point loss in unacceptable. FSU isnt Georgia, Bama or OSU
If you’d ask FSu they would say you are wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom