ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

The worst case scenario for SU is that we end up in a non-power football league as things shake out. Obviously we've seen from UConn and Nova that hoops can survive just fine regardless of conference. Same for the non-revenue sports.

I'd prefer we stay in a power league, but if not, whatever. Our ceiling is pretty much the same regardless.

We have zero path to the playoffs. (I mean yes, technically there's a path, but not realistically).

We have about zero path to the NY6 games.

I don't really care where we land anymore. I just wish this sport would hurry up and get it over with. It's like a terribly slow death.

We have zero path to the playoffs. (I mean yes, technically there's a path, but not realistically).

We have about zero path to the NY6 games.

I don't really care where we land anymore. I just wish this sport would hurry up and get it over with. It's like a terribly slow death.
Totally agree with the bolded.

The whole thing is tedious. Since USC and UCLA announced their move to the B1G I've realized that conferences have reached the end game of being a complete farce.

Feels inevitable that a bunch of ACC and Pac-12 schools are going to join the SEC and B1G. I wish they'd all just get on with it instead of dragging it out over years.

I'll enjoy watching SU student athletes competing against those of like-minded institutions regardless of them being FBS or D-3. Let the institutions that have made a complete mockery of their missions do their thing, and SU can do theirs as an actual institution of higher learning of which athletics is just a part.

Stewart Mandel rightly said seven schools may be looking but less than seven would have the possibility of new homes.

Still don't get the Miami thing. IT's been a long long time since they've mattered.

The whole situation sucks and what sucks worse is notre dame could put an end to all of it with one phone call

Umm until I actually hear a lawyer say that he or she can unequivocally break the Gor, I am not to worried. There is a reason why still to this day no Gor has been nuked. Nor can they dissolve if I understand things correctly. So hey if they want to all pay us their shares then great. I don't give jack schlitz about FSU either. They were supposed to be a heavy for the ACC and instead have been a nobody for years.

Stewart Mandel rightly said seven schools may be looking but less than seven would have the possibility of new homes.

Still don't get the Miami thing. IT's been a long long time since they've mattered.
Could 8 end the league and then bolt for another conf like big 12 and then reassess ?

The workaround to the GOR?

This is gonna end badly

7 or 8 can start a new conf w more money to them for football. Ultimately that is a doomsday

Enjoy it while we can as the writing is unfortunately on the wall for the ACC and likely our future. Sad but unless football can go through a miraculous turnaround the next 2-3 years, were dead in the water.

The whole situation sucks and what sucks worse is notre dame could put an end to all of it with one phone call
No we couldn't, this is much bigger than us. We will not add 15- 20 million per team to help close the gap.

We will be in a football-only conference with other northeast schools (UConn, BC, UMass, whoever else) in the second tier of that sport and the Big East in everything else at some point

Not for the lawyers it isn't.
Not for the lawyers it isn't.
No we couldn't, this is much bigger than us. We will not add 15- 20 million per team to help close the
We will be in a football-only conference with other northeast schools (UConn, BC, UMass, whoever else) in the second tier of that sport and the Big East in everything else at some point
In a nutshell we are screwed because it sounds to me some people on here are ok with this situation… I’m certainly not what will the administration do? The whole thing is crazy

In a nutshell we are screwed because it sounds to me some people on here are ok with this situation… I’m certainly not what will the administration do? The whole thing is crazy
I hate what CFB has become, but now it is just C.y.a time. Really hard to watch.

Miami has BIG NIL backers and lots of them. The feeling is they will be able to compete with the big boys in a short amount of time with the NIL money they are able to obtain and throw around.

That is why Miami is included.

Miami has BIG NIL backers and lots of them. The feeling is they will be able to compete with the big boys in a short amount of time with the NIL money they are able to obtain and throw around.

What about NC State aka Rutgers south

That’s insane - banking on something as fickle as that with some of those South Florida characters.

NIl will not matter to the TV execs is about eyeballs. VA UNC and FSU are the prize teams. None of the other teams with the exception of GT matter.

I have never been able to control the stupidity of college athletics.

4CE17709-8724-4578-A22E-F8F4999FD4F6.jpeg

Honestly there's almost zero the admin can do, the die was cast years ago. SU is in no way ever going to be on the radar for an SEC invite. The only realistic option is the B10 and were way down the list of schools the B10 is interested in. If it was 1996 maybe, but its 2023.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom