ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I think that FSU is positioning themselves to force the unequal distribution model that has been discussed. They will lose a GOR challenge
the unequal distribution model has already been approved starting this year.

the unequal distribution model has already been approved starting this year.
It's been discussed and approved in a general sense, but the details have not been finalized or approved.

It's been discussed and approved in a general sense, but the details have not been finalized or approved.
maybe, that stuff probably will be kept in house as it doesnt need to be widely reported in the media

maybe, that stuff probably will be kept in house as it doesnt need to be widely reported in the media
from what i have read most of the extra rev will come from teams that play in the postseason keeping a greater amount of the proceeds vs sharing it with the other teams. Make the playoffs and you get a great payday. Have a deep run in March keep more money, etc...

Some back channel sources are reporting that Arizona will join the B12 before August 1st and Oregon and UW shortly thereafter.

Everyone is heading to the Greek diner to make less than us and spend an enormous amount on travel.

Everyone is heading to the Greek diner to make less than us and spend an enormous amount on travel.

Greek-Diners-and-Restaurants.jpg

They were pretty quiet when they were sucking every year for a while. One good season later, they think they are Georgia
Exactly. There is a legitimate argument that if FSU, Miami and Virginia Tech performed up to expectations, the ACC perception and current financial standing would be vastly different. They need to thank Clemson for carrying the water in the interim.

Yes…..I realize SU hoops is a similar situation but that is not driving the Conference cash bus.

SUOrange44

I hope FSU falls on their face this year. They are just a bunch of blow hard loudmouths.
Their players were taunting us in the Dome last year, waiving their stupid flag and doing that stupid chop. I almost want them as bad as Clemson.. almost.

Id actually love to see them leave. They just dont fit

They don't fit anywhere really. I could see them being so full of themselves that they go Indy and try for the Notre Dame deal with the B12. So 6 B12 games, Florida, and Miami.

ND is never coming to join the conference. Not being a jerk but it’s not worth mentioning the value they’d bring. They’ll never join the ACC
^^This^^. The new 12-team playoff format cements this. They will gladly trade topping out in the 5 v. 12 game for their independence. This was a masterstroke by Sankey and the SEC to get more of their teams into the playoff and, at the same time, keep ND from joining the B1G for the duration of the format.

Keep your eyes on UTSA they could be the next UCF in terms of program trajectory.
Not a good move for SU.
We would lose status as the only P5 program with an indoor football stadium.

from what i have read most of the extra rev will come from teams that play in the postseason keeping a greater amount of the proceeds vs sharing it with the other teams. Make the playoffs and you get a great payday. Have a deep run in March keep more money, etc...
That seems far to me.

Yeah...ummm...FSU isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Hard stop. The FSU AD and fans are great examples of "the empty cans rattle loudest". If I was ACC commish, I would add the PAC six we want and schedule FSU all away games for the next decade to the west coast.

^^This^^. The new 12-team playoff format cements this. They will gladly trade topping out in the 5 v. 12 game for their independence. This was a masterstroke by Sankey and the SEC to get more of their teams into the playoff and, at the same time, keep ND from joining the B1G for the duration of the format.

Yeah that was a death blow to ever seeing ND being forced to join a conference. I didn’t care where they ended up at this point, knowing they’d never join the ACC but it would have been fun to see them forced to join a conference.

Long-term. If conferences grow in size, ND could be forced to join a conference if leagues won’t play them on their OOC schedule b/c their conference schedule is already too difficult.

Yeah that was a death blow to ever seeing ND being forced to join a conference. I didn’t care where they ended up at this point, knowing they’d never join the ACC but it would have been fun to see them forced to join a conference.

Long-term. If conferences grow in size, ND could be forced to join a conference if leagues won’t play them on their OOC schedule b/c their conference schedule is already too difficult.
They can always adjust the rules of the new 12 team playoff in a few years.. but they won’t, at least not in regards to forcing ND to have to join a conference. ND will be independent until the ACC GOR is done and then either still independent or Big 10 bound after that. Nothing else is worth discussing, really, except for that long term scenario you laid out, that is an excellent point

I think that FSU is positioning themselves to force the unequal distribution model that has been discussed. They will lose a GOR challenge

You can not say this with any certainty. It may be unlikely, but to say it definitively is just your opinion...period.

Ultimately, it comes down to the economics, etc. of challenging the GOR, with the large risks of the uncertainty that exists, lack of precedent, etc. "Iron Clad" etc. gets thrown around a lot, but there are instances where legit arguments can be made to void such agreements.

In my past life, I dealt with many hold-harmless agreements/contracts, etc. that were alleged to be "iron clad" only not to be the case in reality. For instance, you can not pass negligence through a contract, etc., it makes the contract null and void.

Another thing that make contracts void is a contract that goes against public policy. In FSU's case, as a public institution, they (as well as other publics) probably could make an argument(s) along these grounds, etc. albeit, still very high risk vs. current/present day reward.

As time moves on, and the high risks ($$$) of challenging the GOR becomes much lessor, etc., it would not surprise me one bit if the legal challenge is commenced.

Yeah...ummm...FSU isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Hard stop. The FSU AD and fans are great examples of "the empty cans rattle loudest". If I was ACC commish, I would add the PAC six we want and schedule FSU all away games for the next decade to the west coast.
And then FSU fans would swear that the super TV viewership of their games vs. Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Arizona St prove that they alone are responsible for ACC football TV viewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom