ACC Schedule coming: Jan 31, 7 PM | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule coming: Jan 31, 7 PM

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

Schedule is doing us no favors.
Keeping the faith for 6, want to see this new staff get some time.

have to win early home games

Agreed, hate to go overboard but if SU gets dusted again by Lville in week 1, I think its almost a lock the seasons in major trouble. The back half of the schedule is brutal, its not hyperbole that SU could win 1 game after the bye. Perhaps with the new coaches and an offense that can hopefully find some semblance of a passing game we can muscle 6 wins. However, at first glance this has 4-8 or 5-7 written all over it. Not sure even Wildhack can sell what's left of the fanbase on bringing back a coach whose had 6 losing seasons in 7 years.

Cue the tough schedule laments. Honestly I don’t think it’s much worse than we usually see.

7 of our opponents are always the same, and UVA isn’t too tough of a crossover opponent.

7 of the first 10 at home, and finishing with BC on the road isn’t exactly a hostile environment.

Having both Purdue and ND on the schedule as OOC games is definitely one tough OOC game too many. But they’re both at home, so that helps.

We just gotta win, the schedule is what it is.

Agreed, hate to go overboard but if SU gets dusted again by Lville in week 1, I think its almost a lock the seasons in major trouble. The back half of the schedule is brutal, its not hyperbole that SU could win 1 game after the bye. Perhaps with the new coaches and an offense that can hopefully find some semblance of a passing game we can muscle 6 wins. However, at first glance this has 4-8 or 5-7 written all over it. Not sure even Wildhack can sell what's left of the fanbase on bringing back a coach whose had 6 losing seasons in 7 years.
they got 6 months to figure out how to beat louisville at home

Brutal Schedule, I want tot think on year 7 a coach should be able to go to at least two bowl games, but where is there 6 wins on this schedule? Wagner, UConn, I can see us beating Boston College and Virginia but after that?

Brutal Schedule, I want tot think on year 7 a coach should be able to go to at least two bowl games, but where is there 6 wins on this schedule? Wagner, UConn, I can see us beating Boston College and Virginia but after that?
the clearest path is to win the first 6 games with 5 at home and a easy roadie vs uconn

We will need an upset or two and to get lucky with our own injuries and have some key guys go down for our opponents. I can see a path but it's a slim one and things would have to not only break right but Dino gets out of his own way with clock management and decision making. Lville and Purdue seem like the linchpins, wins those a bowl is there, lose both its 4-8 or worse and the drum for a change will be such that even Wildhack can't hold back the dam.

Last edited:
Have to take football season one week at a time. Matchup favorability can change on a dime both for us and against us.

Would love to just with knocking off Louisville for once

We will need an upset or two and to get lucky with our own injuries and have some key guys go down for our opponents. I can see a path but it's a slim one and things would have to not only break right but Dino gets out of his own way with clock management and decision making. Lville and Purdue seem like the linchpins, wins those a bowl is there, lose both its 4-8 or worse and the drum for a change will be such that even Wildhack can't hold back the dame.
Dino gets 2 more years, no matter what. Otherwise, I don’t think the new coaches come on board

Dino gets 2 more years, no matter what. Otherwise, I don’t think the new coaches come on board

At 5-7 probably, at 4-8 or worse I can't see it. The fanbase is down to the diehards as it is and now you raise prices and bring back a coach with 6 losing seasons in 7 years, situation will be untenable for the administration.

Lame

At 5-7 probably, at 4-8 or worse I can't see it. The fanbase is down to the diehards as it is and now you raise prices and bring back a coach with 6 losing seasons in 7 years, situation will be untenable for the administration.
Maybe? Everyone said that last year and we still have him as HC with better assistants.

I think it’s because ADJW looks at more than a surface level W/L reading and sees hope still. What if the new staff kills it and 1 or 2 of the 5 wins is ND and FSU? What if we lose another couple by 3 on the last play of the game? What if we get hit with a weird run of injuries and are running out QB4?

Too much weight on W/L. I dig that the decision maker is knowledgeable and wise enough to be patient.

I don’t get the ACC schedule makers. No team should ever have 3 of 4 on the road. Yet it always happens. Seems like we end every year that way. The end of the season we are running on fumes, too hard to expect road wins.

After the way they pasted us last year. having Louisville game 1 should hopefully be a good motivator for our guys this offseason.

I don’t get the ACC schedule makers. No team should ever have 3 of 4 on the road. Yet it always happens. Seems like we end every year that way. The end of the season we are running on fumes, too hard to expect road wins.

This year we ended with 2 home and 2 away, and a bye.

Our schedule always seems hard because we stink.

Maybe? Everyone said that last year and we still have him as HC with better assistants.

I think it’s because ADJW looks at more than a surface level W/L reading and sees hope still. What if the new staff kills it and 1 or 2 of the 5 wins is ND and FSU? What if we lose another couple by 3 on the last play of the game? What if we get hit with a weird run of injuries and are running out QB4?

Too much weight on W/L. I dig that the decision maker is knowledgeable and wise enough to be patient.

Dino's back because SU didn't want to pay the buyout, full stop. All those scenarios you outlined makes sense if it was year 3 or 4 or maybe 5 but not year 7. In year 7 you need wins not more moral victories and excuses. If the top 3 on the QB depth chart get hurt week 1 and 2 then yes there are extenuating circumstances but other then that we need actual Wins. Good luck on selling the fanbase on year 8 of Dino if were 4-8 or worse, its simply not going to work in the 2022 D1 football landscape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom