ACC schedule teaser... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule teaser...

non conference and last week should be correct the others is my own mock i did
I'll be curious to see how close you come to what the actual schedules are.

I know. I just literally cannot think of a year where a large bunch of people didn't react to the schedule release by claiming it was much harder than last year (or it's cousin, the even more extreme "it's the hardest we've played IN YEARS").

It's a weird dynamic. I guess seeing it on paper. I mean, we've known who all 12 opponents are for months.

Two biggest things to me are:

1. What's week 2 look like (and could we PLEASE stop getting ourselves in this situation?)
2. When is that VT game, because I'm reserving hotels today. As long as it's not on my wife's bday, but maybe I will anyway. What's she going to do, leave me? (don't answer that).

I do agree with Scooch overall point but next year's schedule will be harder.

As Virginia was the weakest Coastal team and Virginia Tech will be tougher opponent.
LSU= Notre Dame but the ND will be neutral site road game while LSU was a home game.
@USF=@UConn
USF>CMU So. Florida will be a tougher home game.
Colgate=URI

Our schedule will be slightly harder next year and its mainly because of UVA vs. VPI and UConn vs. CMU.

As Virginia was the weakest Coastal team and Virginia Tech will be tougher opponent.
LSU= Notre Dame but the ND will be neutral site road game while LSU was a home game.
@USF=@UConn
Colgate=URI

Our schedule will be slightly harder next year and its mainly because of UVA vs. VPI and UConn vs. CMU.

This is a fair analysis. I was being snarky and I didn't mean to suggest that our schedule is never more difficult in one year vs. another. I just find the usual hysterical reaction to it tiring. We're in the ACC, we play the same 7 teams every year, we play 1 other ACC game, we play 4 OOC games and usually 1 of them is against a tough P5 team. This is what it is.

The ACC football schedule will be announced tomorrow.
Normally some leaks start popping up right about now. Let's see if the ACC is able to prevent that from happening this year.

If we get Wake in week two and a bye around the middle of the season, I will be pretty happy. It would be nice to have NC State at home relatively early, when we will be closer to full strength too. That is one of the key winnable games we need to grab if we hope to go bowling in 2016. V Tech is another.

but scooch, you dont understand!!

the (insert d1aa team) went to the playoffs last year and brought back everyone!!

theyre loaded!!!

Considering how soundly we defeated Nova in the Dome two years ago, I guess you have a point. All FCS teams are created equal.

@USF=@UConn
Colgate=URI

Virginia Tech will be without Beamer for the first time in over 2 decades, no telling how they will play out of the gate.
ND neutral vs LSU home means naught. LSU had so many fans here it felt like a neutral and we had no answer for Fournette.
@USF does not = @UCONN. What was it like 120 degrees that day? Our guys will be much happier playing in Storrs and USF beat the Huskies in Storrs last year.

Considering how soundly we defeated Nova in the Dome two years ago, I guess you have a point. All FCS teams are created equal.
i dont care how theyre created.

they are FCS.

SYRACUSE is P5.

the shlit should be kicked out of every single one of them.

everytime.

no excuses.

UNC leak...

Sept. 24 - Pittsburgh - Chapel Hill
Oct. 8 - Virginia Tech - Chapel Hill
UNC was bad. Here is their whole schedule:

Sept. 3 - Georgia - Atlanta, Ga. (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game)
Sept. 10 - Illinois - Champaign, Ill.
Sept. 17 - James Madison - Chapel Hill
Oct. 1 - Florida State - Tallahassee, Fla.
Oct. 15 - Miami - Coral Gables, Fla.
Oct. 22 - Virginia - Charlottesville, Va.
Nov. 5 - Georgia Tech - Chapel Hill
Nov. 10 - Duke - Durham, N.C.
Nov. 19 - Citadel - Chapel Hill
Nov. 25 - NC State - Chapel Hill

bye week

:eat popcorn:

You know, I hate to say it, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Brand new offense, with new coaching staff. Get a game in, then two weeks to work out the problems, which I'm confident we will see plenty of that first game.

they play james madison AND citadel ?

NC St @ Cuse Nov 19th
That makes it very possible to finish the season with 2 wins. Much prefer this to a game against Clemson or FSU.

they play james madison AND citadel ?

They have to fix that. It's just going to bite them again. Playing UGA at Atlanta and then playing @ Illinois balances it out better, but still. That other home game has to be FBS.

I just hope we don't have VPI or Louisville the Friday night after ND.

That would suck.

In the end we have to man up and just play football. We're in the acc every game is winnable besides 2 a year for the most part. It's time we start doing that now often

Citadel on the 19th of November? Did they move to the SEC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom