ACC schedule teaser... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule teaser...

ACC finally broke up Lville, Clemson, FSU which is nice to see. Not a huge fan of Friday night games but I like that they at least put it early in the season should make for a higher turnout. I don't mind the change of BC to Pitt for the last game its good to mix it up a little bit.

Only real complaint I have is that we go a month without a home game between 9/17 and 10/15 and we only have one home game between 09/17/and 11/12. The early parts of October can be great weather wise for the Syracuse area, just wish we had one more home game jammed in there. Also odd to basically have one home game in a 2 month span, Metlife obviously playing a huge role.

ACC finally broke up Lville, Clemson, FSU which is nice to see. Not a huge fan of Friday night games but I like that they at least put it early in the season should make for a higher turnout. I don't mind the change of BC to Pitt for the last game its good to mix it up a little bit.

Only real complaint I have is that we go a month without a home game between 9/17 and 10/15 and we only have one home game between 09/17/and 11/12. The early parts of October can be great weather wise for the Syracuse area, just wish we had one more home game jammed in there. Also odd to basically have one home game in a 2 month span, Metlife obviously playing a huge role.

Maybe that boosts the SU crowd for MetLife? We could sure use it!

i dont care how theyre created.

they are FCS.

SYRACUSE is P5.

the shlit should be kicked out of every single one of them.

everytime.

no excuses.

There is a laundry list of P5 schools that have lost to high-quality FCS schools in recent years. Nebraska, Michigan, Va Tech, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Minnesota and many others. Auburn got pushed to the very end by Jacksonville State.

ACC can inter-change BC/SU/Wake/Duke/Pitt/Miami whenever they want.

BC can play either SU/Wake
SU can play either BC/Pitt
Wake can play either BC/Duke
Duke can play either Wake/Miami/Pitt
Pitt can play either Miami/SU/Duke
Miami can play either Pitt/Duke

SU-BC no longer has to be locked in during Rivalry week.
SU-BC certainly hasn't materialized as a major rivalry game for either program so far. The crowds have been small and the games close to meaningless. Hopefully it will have more meaning in coming years.

Moving it certainly makes it easier for me to travel to the game in 2016. I agree with the others, this is a good schedule that is relatively favorable to Syracuse. Would have liked to have had the bye in early October. I like that the 2nd half of the season doesn't set up as a huge ordeal this year. The schedule is relatively balanced and a long losing streak should be avoidable.

You are gonna love the love the BC date. In the middle of fall.

I expect a larger SU turnout in Boston now without the game being on Thanksgiving weekend.
thats a great date for the BC game.

sadly for me, both Syracuse and the Giants will be on bye the weekend of october 29th & 30th

i guess it will leave me a lot of time to go egg the homes of a select few posters here.

Maybe that boosts the SU crowd for MetLife? We could sure use it!

I doubt it unfortunately. Unless SU comes out of the gate strong or upsets Lville expect another average turnout at Metlife. Maybe some buzz will pick up about that game late summer/very early fall but I am not expecting a large turnout as of yet.

So happy to see VT on the schedule. Shame Frank Goiter won't be on the sideline. I might have to make the trek to Syracuse for that one.

Nothing says big time like playing Colgate on a Friday night at 7pm on Labor Day weekend.

I love everything about it. Get one warmup game out of our system to work out the kinks, and then get to sit back and enjoy the incredible slate of games for that opening Saturday.

There is a laundry list of P5 schools that have lost to high-quality FCS schools in recent years. Nebraska, Michigan, Va Tech, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Minnesota and many others. Auburn got pushed to the very end by Jacksonville State.
im aware of that.

dont care.

beat them.

Schedule the Colgate game for Thursday. Gives the team an extra day of prep for Louisville. Huge game!

Most likely Fri night, SU hates Thursday night home games.

I love everything about it. Get one warmup game out of our system to work out the kinks, and then get to sit back and enjoy the incredible slate of games for that opening Saturday.

Based on the amount of Saturday 12:30 starts the last few years I would much rather play at 7 or 8pm on a Saturday night. Would be nice to reward the season ticket holders with a Sat night game for a change.

ND will have 3/4s of the crowd at Metlife. It is what is. The series is done after this game.

The schedule was good to us this year. Upset one of UL/VPI we could go bowling.

CZrKn_hWkAAbI5N.jpg

Last edited:
at least with FSU being the 19th it wont lack for kids if we have a hope of a decent crowd.

Looks good to me. Schedule doesn't look as bad with BC and Wake in the middle versus being bookends.

nothing against them but I hope there are plenty of other bands better than this country pop group

Absolutely, but I don't think the state fair is going to get someone bigger than they are for another night. Maybe their budget is bigger than it used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom