ACC should add Army & Navy. | Syracusefan.com

ACC should add Army & Navy.

tep624

Living Legend
With one qualifier - ND has to commit full time for football.

ACC would now include traditional rivals for ND - BC, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Miami, Army, Navy and to a lesser extent FSU and Syracuse.

FSU/Clemson get what they want in a major football program in ND full time, plus Army and Navy are always FB more than BB schools. You get the annual Army/Navy game and the following of all the current and former military service folks. You also get academics with all 3 and help to expand the private school footprint in the ACC.

And you get the only other MD based D1 football program to replace Maryland. You get the current #1 football program in the land, a respectable football program in Navy (currently 7-4, bowl partcipant 8 of the last 9 years)...and well, at least Army has been trying to be more competitive lately. And all 3 programs have a strong history.

You could set up the divisions with teams and an annual crossover where ND could play 6 or 7 traditional rivals every year in conference.

how about buffalo and Stony Brook while you're at it too! :crazy:

I guess the "ND has to commit full time for football" was lost on you fools. Reading comprehension does help.

One of ND's biggest complaints in joining a conference is losing traditional rivalries. Both these schools are traditional rivals, both are on ND's schedule year in, year out, and both are currently unaffiliated.

The only way the ACC is going to be fully stablized is for ND to come on board full time. Otherwise, you're adding a UCONN or L'ville, and keeping ND as an associate member, which does nothing to prevent further raiding by the Big 10, SEC, Big 12, etc.

hell yeaaaa... If Obama wouldn't let GM fail... no way he'd ever let the service schools (conference) fail.

I guess the "ND has to commit full time for football" was lost on you fools. Reading comprehension does help.

One of ND's biggest complaints in joining a conference is losing traditional rivalries. Both these schools are traditional rivals, both are on ND's schedule year in, year out, and both are currently unaffiliated.

The only way the ACC is going to be fully stablized is for ND to come on board full time. Otherwise, you're adding a UCONN or L'ville, and keeping ND as an associate member, which does nothing to prevent further raiding by the Big 10, SEC, Big 12, etc.

Does ND EVER play Army or Navy on the road?

Does ND EVER play Army or Navy on the road?

YOU posted this yesterday:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/acc-and-notre-dame-tv-contracts-and-acc-network.36825/#post-418523

"ACC should invite Navy for football
Gtown for BBall
- That gets your Baltimore/DC viewership back that UMd left
Call ESPN to back up the money truck
Invite ND, they could schedule USC and stanford alternating years OOC

Conference stabilized"

So now I'm crazy because i'm suggesting pairing Army, the logical pairing, with Navy, rather than adding a BB only like G-Town and leading the ACC down the "confederation" road that made the Big East so successful?

Give me a break.

YOU posted this yesterday:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/acc-and-notre-dame-tv-contracts-and-acc-network.36825/#post-418523

"ACC should invite Navy for football
Gtown for BBall
- That gets your Baltimore/DC viewership back that UMd left
Call ESPN to back up the money truck
Invite ND, they could schedule USC and stanford alternating years OOC

Conference stabilized"

So now I'm crazy because i'm suggesting pairing Army, the logical pairing, with Navy, rather than adding a BB only like G-Town and leading the ACC down the "confederation" road that made the Big East so successful?

Give me a break.

But someone posted in that same thread that ND doesnt play those guys at their house. I now know that info becuase of that thread yesterday. I am just passing along the info to you now.

Delaware! It's the keystone to lock up 3 contiguous states, NJ, PA, and MD. They could build a new stadium to hold 100,000 and MBNA/B of A could buy enough tickets to give one to every person in the state, thereby almost filling the stadium. Go Hens!

But someone posted in that same thread that ND doesnt play those guys at their house. I now know that info becuase of that thread yesterday. I am just passing along the info to you now.

So that gives you the right to be a smartass because you learned something on the message board a day ago? Congratulations. Besides it's not even accurate.

ND has played Navy at Baltimore 3 times in the last 10 years, and once each at the Meadowlands and this past season in Dublin. What difference does it make where they play on the road...they are still playing Navy ON THE ROAD and are willing to play Navy ON THE ROAD, away from South Bend.

You make it sound like they play every game at South Bend which couldn't be further from the truth.

I don't think the Army/St Johns hybrid would be nearly as strong as the Navy/G'town hybrid, but it could work.

Why should we get who Notre Dame wants?!?! They don't even play football in the ACC. Shouldn't the first priority be kepping the two current top football teams (FSU/Clemson) happy?!? Just a thought...I know it make sense, sorry...we should definitely suck up to a school that has committment problems...

If you're going to go the service academy route, you have to include Navy. The Navy/ND games in Baltimore averaged 70k in attendance. ND values Navy enough to schedule them every year, even playing them in the Meadowlands and in Dublin. And it gives the ACC a foothold in the MD/DC area.

Now granted Navy has nowhere near the BB quality that Maryland does, but the ACC membership is so strong that it can absorb that, especially since you have ND in the mix now.

Why should we get who Notre Dame wants?!?! They don't even play football in the ACC. Shouldn't the first priority be kepping the two current top football teams (FSU/Clemson) happy?!? Just a thought...I know it make sense, sorry...we should definitely suck up to a school that has committment problems...

The whole point is that in order to keep FSU/Clemson happy, you have to add football schools. That's what they want afterall, right?

Don't you think adding the #1 team in the nation as a full member helps to address that? (which was the first line of my original post by they way)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom