ACC Tournament Information | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament Information

teknoge3k

Walk On
I didn't see this posted by anyone local so I figured I would...

I just want to welcome everyone who is coming down, to North Carolina. As someone who has attended the tournament many years and who is from Greensboro I just wanted to let you all know that if you have any questions, concerns, whatever about the area feel free to let me know. I'll help y'all all I can.

If you are coming, here are a few tips:

- Parking is $5 (at least in years past)
- Be sure to get there early and go to fan fest, it's in the pavilion adjacent to the coliseum. It's a lot of fun and you get lots of free stuff. ;)
- If you're there for a full session, don't leave between sessions (you have to pay again to park). There is Stameys BBQ directly across the street you can walk to. If you're going there for lunch, you may leave a game a few minutes early to get there. If not, there may be several hundred people in line to get into the restaurant to eat. (not exaggerating either). It's very good BBQ though (hey, it's NC!) and the line moves fairly quickly to get in.
-Be sure to visit the ACC museum which is inside the coluseium. I think admission was $5 but could be wrong. You guys may not be as interested in it since you're new to the ACC, but it's pretty cool.
-If you're not interested in the Stameys BBQ, there's a few places to eat down High Point Road, such as Chilis, Hooters, Hams, and some others. It'd be about a 2 mile walk though.
-Four Seasons Mall isn't far if you want to do some shopping, movies, etc.

Those are just the tips that come to mind. I hope y'all have a great time and enjoy Greensboro and be safe. I'll try to help anyone from out of town that I can. Good luck to you all (except unless you're playing my Tar Heels, of course)...

+tek

- Parking is $5 (at least in years past)

- If you're there for a full session, don't leave between sessions (you have to pay again to park).

I just found this amusing considering it costs $10 to park for 30 mins in midtown.

What are the Giants up to now? 30?

Thanks for the info. Helpful.

Are there any Denny's around?
Seriously, thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be helpful to many.

Am I the only one that despises Duke and their delusional fans but has no problem with UNC and their fans?

Parking is definitely more than $5. My recollection is that it's $10 or $15.

Friday afternoon is when parking can get tight. Arrive early or you may have trouble finding anywhere to park.

And approach the Coliseum via High Point Road. Other approaches take longer.

Parking is definitely more than $5. My recollection is that it's $10 or $15.

Friday afternoon is when parking can get tight. Arrive early or you may have trouble finding anywhere to park.

And approach the Coliseum via High Point Road. Other approaches take longer.
I always come in from Lee Street. (I come down Battleground and turn onto Lee) - I get there pretty early because I enjoy spending time at Fan Fest and when I get there, there's never any traffic. It may get more congested later in the day, I don't know.

Parking may be $10, but I was pretty sure it was $5 based on years past. It could be though and my apologies if so. This is parking at the actual coliseum. If you park across the street then I think it's a little more.

Are there any Denny's around?
Seriously, thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be helpful to many.
I can't recall a Denny's in Greensboro. There is an iHop nearby though. From the coliseum you go up Lee St., turn left at Wendy's and you will go a couple of miles, and iHop will be on your right.

Sorry, everyone has their own tastes but there is no way in Hell that I would recommend Stameys BBQ.

Sorry, everyone has their own tastes but there is no way in Hell that I would recommend Stameys BBQ.
You're right, not everyone is a fan. I personally like it. BUT it's the closest thing to eat that isn't $10 for a hamburger inside. If you want to walk, then sure there's other options. (or pay to park again)

You're right, not everyone is a fan. I personally like it. BUT it's the closest thing to eat that isn't $10 for a hamburger inside. If you want to walk, then sure there's other options. (or pay to park again)

Hey I'm a Lexington BBQ fan but everyones taste is different. My suggestions for folks who are out and about would be to go to Friendly Shopping Center... there is a Flemings, Macaroni Grill, coulple of mexican places and my favorite Chick-fil-A.;)

http://www.friendlycenter.com/dine

Last edited:
In past years, each ACC school has offered "University Day" between sessions on Friday. It's set up in the Special Events Center in the basement of the Coliseum. Each school has its own blocked off area. The Special Events Center is enormous. One or two local colleges play their home basketball games there. You get to eat with other fans of your school without having to tailgate or go offsite to eat. There may be some entertainment. You'll have to check with Syracuse to see what they're offering. You probably have to sign up in advance. It's not a bad deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom