ACC Tournament Match-ups - FINAL VERSION | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament Match-ups - FINAL VERSION

You just know when it is all said and done, our first ACCT game is gonna be against NCSt or MD. They'll both be breathing fire.

Yep I can smell that scenario from a mile away.

Just an ACCT fact..it’s been 10 years since anyone outside of the top four seeds won the tournament (Maryland in 2003-04) and no team has ever claimed a championship after playing more than three games.

Just an ACCT fact..it’s been 10 years since anyone outside of the top four seeds won the tournament (Maryland in 2003-04) and no team has ever claimed a championship after playing more than three games.

I feel like I've heard this argument before

Weird that the team who has a bye on the final weekend (Notre Dame) plays the final Big Monday of the season. They will finish their conference schedule while 12 other teams still have TWO conference games left.

I hate Notre Dame so it doesn't bother me, but i just find it weird the ACC wouldn't try and get that team a game later in the week. Of course Notre Dame will play on the first day of the ACC tourney so it will affect them less than it would us. They should be nice and rested to begin their offseason.

the top 4 seeds teams have all clinched a double bye to Friday

The Duke/UNC game will be for third place assuming we win our last 2 games.

Assuming we win our last 2 games and finish second it is more and more looking like we are playing Florida State twice in a row assuming they win their first game of the ACC Tourney (and assuming they beat BC this week).

updated through Monday night. No change in the positioning tonight but Clemson vs Pitt on Saturday could bump Pitt to the 6 seed and Clemson could get the 5 seed.

Looking more and more like we will be playing either NC State, Florida State or Maryland in our first round game.

Last edited:
Great job keeping this updated, Marsh. I really appreciate it! :)

Obviously I don't want to lose another game before the ACCT; however, I like the match ups for the 3 seed more than I do the 2. Not that I fear FSU, but playing them twice in such a short time isn't exactly what I would order. I would rather play ANY of the other 3 seed possibilities - Clemson, ND, or BC. Oh man, BC would be a dream, although that just ain't gonna happen.

With NC State beating Pitt its going to be NC State or Florida State as the 7 seed IMO. Florida State has 8 wins and a game @BC which should get them to 9 wins and NC State has their last game against BC. If both FSU and NC State beat Boston College then Maryland can't be above the 8 seed if they beat both UVA and VPI because they lose h2h tiebreaker with NC State and Florida State beat Pitt while Maryland lost to Pitt.

Great job keeping this updated, Marsh. I really appreciate it! :)

Obviously I don't want to lose another game before the ACCT; however, I like the match ups for the 3 seed more than I do the 2. Not that I fear FSU, but playing them twice in such a short time isn't exactly what I would order. I would rather play ANY of the other 3 seed possibilities - Clemson, ND, or BC. Oh man, BC would be a dream, although that just ain't gonna happen.

No problem.

I agree with playing FSU twice in a row. Not something I want to see

SU still in play for seeds 2 - 4 in ACC tourney. I'm going to assume Duke wins at Wake tonight to make SU, Duke, and UNC all tied with a 13-4 league record. With that assumption in place here's the scenarios for the final ACC games in relation to conf. tourney seeding:

SU wins, Duke wins - 2 Duke, 3 SU, 4 UNC (Duke gets tiebreaker over SU. split series next tiebreak Duke beat UVA)
SU wins, UNC wins - 2 SU, 3 UNC, 4 Duke
SU loses, Duke wins - 2 Duke, 3 SU, 4 UNC
SU loses, UNC wins - 2 UNC, 3 Duke, 4 SU

SU still in play for seeds 2 - 4 in ACC tourney. I'm going to assume Duke wins at Wake tonight to make SU, Duke, and UNC all tied with a 13-4 league record.

I hope I played a small role in jinxing Duke after I wrote that on Tuesday. With that loss here's the updated scenarios:

SU wins, Duke wins - 2 SU, 3 Duke, 4 UNC
SU loses, UNC wins - 2 UNC, 3 SU, 4 Duke

SU clinches 2nd seed by beating FSU. 4th place is officially out of the question now, so if the chalk wins next Friday it will be Cuse vs Tobacco road in the ACC semi-finals.

I hope I played a small role in jinxing Duke after I wrote that on Tuesday. With that loss here's the updated scenarios:

SU wins, Duke wins - 2 SU, 3 Duke, 4 UNC
SU loses, UNC wins - 2 UNC, 3 SU, 4 Duke

SU clinches 2nd seed by beating FSU. 4th place is officially out of the question now, so if the chalk wins next Friday it will be Cuse vs Tobacco road in the ACC semi-finals.

I think we have to roll the dice with us and root for UNC to win Saturday. This would push Duke to the 4 seed and means we would avoid them potentially until the finals. Of course this means we would have to win Sunday to clinch the 2 seed.

Either way we win Saturday because Duke will either lose and we get the 2 (also helping us stay ahead of them on the s curve) or Carolina will lose and we clinch the 2 before we play Sunday.

Potentially facing Carolina in the semi's is a good matchup for us. I actually am more concerned with possibly facing NIT State in the quarters. If they beat BC and we beat FSU then we would be slotted to play them (assuming they win Thursday). Wanted to avoid TJ Warren.

Oh well. Last night was a win win for us with Duke losing (even though it cost me 3 cases of beer).

anyone got tiebreak info for wake,ND and Georgia tech who all finished 6-12 for spots 11,12 and 13?

I am at a very painful family wedding right now so i will update when i get home (seriously who gets married in march?)

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 3h
ACC seeding locked in: 10. Miami, 11. Georgia Tech, 12. Wake Forest, 13. Notre Dame.

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 3h
Wednesday pairings in Greensboro: Miami-Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech-Boston College, Wake Forest-Notre Dame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom