ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like to avoid the dreaded 8/9 game, we need to beat GT and have either Duke or Miami go 0-2 (or both) to create a four or five way 10-8 tie, since VPI is likely to beat Wake at home and UVA is likely to beat Pitt at home (and lose to UNC on road). We'd end up at least 7th in that case.

Put another way, if Duke and Miami each win 1+ more, they'll finish ahead of us (7 losses max), then VPI beating Wake will give them tiebreaker against us for 7th seed (regardless of what UVA does in its 2 games) and we'd be in the 8/9 against UVA, ugh.

Go Hoakies tonight!! Beat Miami!!

I hate hate hate the Noon game. Seems like that's becoming our sweet spot, as we're looking at a 3rd straight finish of 8th or 9th.

Anyone who wants us to be the 8 seed has to have their head examined.

I'd kill for the 9th seed. Pick off BC on Tuesday to fatten our record. Then get a va tech like team on Wednesday. Then take my chances against UNC that's a house money game no one expects us to win.

God forbid ga tech takes us out as a 9 seed vs us as an 8. That's the death scenario.

Anyone who wants us to be the 8 seed has to have their head examined.

I'd kill for the 9th seed. Pick off BC on Tuesday to fatten our record. Then get a va tech like team on Wednesday. Then take my chances against UNC that's a house money game no one expects us to win.

God forbid ga tech takes us out as a 9 seed vs us as an 8. That's the death scenario.

You mean 10th seed right? The 9 seed gets a first round bye and plays the 8.

Ahh.., I thought only the top 8 get first round byes. What. Well I want to pick off ga Tech next week and then get the lowest seeded opponent possible in our first game.

Therefore ignore my post above. Lol. Can't be the 10 seed and beat ga tech.

Ahh.., I thought only the top 8 get first round byes. What. Well I want to pick off ga Tech next week and then get the lowest seeded opponent possible in our first game.

Therefore ignore my post above. Lol. Can't be the 10 seed and beat ga tech.

Top 9 get byes

Tuesday in Brooklyn:
10 plays 15
11 plays 14
12 plays 13

Even though the 10 seed would avoid UNC, there is absolutely no benefit in getting it over a 9 seed. A win over Boston College on Tuesday would do absolutely nothing to improve our chances to get a bid. A loss to them all but sends us to the NIT. Even with a win, there is basically a must win scenario against the 7 seed on Wednesday, who has the extra rest. Start fresh in the 8-9 game, win that one, and it probably won't matter what happens against Carolina.

If Duke and Miami goes to 0-2.
VPI loses to Wake.
Virginia beats Pitt
Syracuse beats Georgia Tech.

They would all be 10-8.
Syracuse went 3-1 against these 4.
Duke went 2-3.
Miami went 3-2 with a game tonight against VPI.
Virginia Tech went 3-1 with a game tonight with Miami.
Virginia went 1-4.

Thus VPI would be 5,
Syracuse would be 6,
Miami would be 7,
Duke would be 8,
Virginia would be 9.

vt would be 4-2 not 4-1. they lost to virg and and miami back to back, SU becomes the 5..

SU can get the #7 seed if:
- SU beats Ga Tech (10-8)
- Va Tech wins at home vs Miami + Wake (they get #6)
- UVA loses to UNC, beats Pitt (10-8)
--Miami loses at Va Tech + at FSU (10-8)
SU would win tie break vs UVA & MIA (2-0), Miami (1-1), UVA (0-2).

SU can get the #7 seed if:
- SU beats Ga Tech (10-8)
- Va Tech wins at home vs Miami + Wake (they get #6)
- UVA loses to UNC, beats Pitt (10-8)
--Miami loses at Va Tech + at FSU (10-8)
SU would win tie break vs UVA & MIA (2-0), Miami (1-1), UVA (0-2).

The crazy thing is I think the thing we need to happen in all of those games is the favorite to happen. Obviously it's a long shot they all happen, but just saying

The crazy thing is I think the thing we need to happen in all of those games is the favorite to happen. Obviously it's a long shot they all happen, but just saying

I agree that this is a likely scenario with favorites winning each. But unfortunately in this scenario, unless Louisville loses either @ Wake or home vs. ND, then they'll be looming as the 2 seed in the second round.

With Virginia losing and Virginia Tech winning, what is our path to the 7 seed? Can we get there if we beat Ga Tech and Duke loses two (vs. FSU, @UNC) + Miami loses @FSU? Is this the only path?

With Virginia losing and Virginia Tech winning, what is our path to the 7 seed? Can we get there if we beat Ga Tech and Duke loses two (vs. FSU, @UNC) + Miami loses @FSU? Is this the only path?

We need VPI to lose at home against Wake or we would get Duke in the 8/9 game.

So we would need all three? Duke losing 2, Miami losing, and VPI losing to get to 7?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom