ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week.

The bye is irrelevant this game is a loser leaves the tournament game.
We have home court and Senior day energy advantage.
Beat Tech, win on Wednesday and enjoy selection Sunday.

best chance to avoid the 8- 9 game now is to end in a 4 or 3 way tie at 10-8 with miami,va tech,virginia and us

need a photoshop wizard to put JB in this movie poster

high-noon-original.jpg

Does it? Pretty sure Cuse would lose tiebreaker to Va Tech and still get 8th seed.

no in a 4 way tie at 10-8 with us,miami and Virginia which we win with a 2-1 record over 3-2 for VT vs 2-2 for da u and virginia at 1-3 which would give us 6th seed

to avoid 8/noine

A. Beat GT

B. Need Pitt over UVA and FSU over Miami. If VT loses then the Orange need both UVA and Miami to lose. SU will finish high enough in a 4 way tiebreak, but won't win any 3 way tiebreaker with VT involved. VT beat SU and split with Miami and UVA.

Last edited:
to avoid 8/noine

A. Beat GT

B. at least two of these three need to happen: UVA lose vs. Pitt, Miami lose @FSU, VT lose vs. Wake.

In the end I don't think Wake or Pitt will come through.

va tech could lose to wake i dont see pitt getting it done though

to avoid 8/noine

A. Beat GT

B. at least two of these three need to happen: UVA lose vs. Pitt, Miami lose @FSU, VT lose vs. Wake.

In the end I don't think Wake or Pitt will come through.
mred's ACC MBB Tournament Bracket Generator

according to this site, what you said is not accurate. FSU over Miami plus Wake over VT (and Cuse win) would still leave Cuse in the 8/9.

As I see it, the only way to avoid the 8/9 is a Cuse win, a Pitt win over UVA (ugh), and a FSU win over Miami (likely).

mred's ACC MBB Tournament Bracket Generator

according to this site, what you said is not accurate. FSU over Miami plus Wake over VT (and Cuse win) would still leave Cuse in the 8/9.

As I see it, the only way to avoid the 8/9 is a Cuse win, a Pitt win over UVA (ugh), and a FSU win over Miami (likely).

you missed part of what i said which involved virginia also losing making it a 4 way tie

Pitt at UVA is Noon Saturday, so we'll know by the time SU tips off if there's any hope of escaping 8/9. UVA wins that first game it's over johnny, it's over!

ACC Standings(using my scenario)

1. North Carolina (14 - 4)
2. Louisville (13 - 5)
3. Florida State (12 - 6) Defeated Notre Dame based on record against #2 teams.
4. Notre Dame (12 - 6) Lost to Florida State based on record against #2 teams.
5. Duke (11 - 7)
6. Syracuse (10 - 8) Defeated Virginia Tech, Miami (FL), and Virginia based on round-robin record.
7. Virginia Tech (10 - 8) Defeated Miami (FL) and Virginia and lost to Syracuse based on round-robin record.
8. Miami (FL) (10 - 8) Defeated Virginia and lost to Syracuse and Virginia Tech based on round-robin record.
9. Virginia (10 - 8) Lost to Syracuse, Virginia Tech, and Miami (FL) based on round-robin record.
10. Wake Forest (8 - 10) Defeated Georgia Tech based on head-to-head record.
11. Georgia Tech (8 - 10) Lost to Wake Forest based on head-to-head record.
12. Clemson (6 - 12)
13. Pittsburgh (5 - 13)
14. North Carolina State (4 - 14)
15. Boston College (2 - 16)

worst case scenario for SU if they win is UVA loss, VT loss, Miami win. That leaves Miami 6, VT 7, and SU/UVA in the 8/9 game. Any other scenario involving SU winning Saturday I'm fine with.

you missed part of what i said which involved virginia also losing making it a 4 way tie
Isn't the Virginia Tech part of this irrelevant? All we care about is avoiding the 8/9. Being the 6 or 7 would be great, but there's no great advantage gained by being the 6 over the 7. Cuse needs UVA to lose to have a shot at avoiding the 8/9. The scenarios for a 4 way tie are interesting but don't matter much.

The key is avoiding 8/9.

I fully expect to be heading to the Dome with the knowledge that SU's ceiling will be in the 8/9 game next Wednesday at Noon. Would be shocked if Pitt wins at UVA Saturday

I really don't care if we are 8/9 game or some other game. 2 biggest things at this point to ensure we aren't sweating anything on Selection Sunday are:

1. Beat GT Saturday
2. Win our first game in the ACC Tournament.
-I'd much rather play against Miami than Virginia in this game, even though I don't see as Miami as an easy out with how they've been playing as of late.

I think we're in the Big Dance no matter what with a win Saturday but better safe than sorry to take care of the 2 things noted above.

-GO ORANGE!

It would seem we are destined for the Noon Wednesday game in the same way DePaul was always destined for the Noon Tuesday game in the BET. Becoming a trend finishing 8/9.

First we shouldn't lose to Tech. But if we did are we pretty much destined to have to play Boston College in round one in a pure nuisance game.

Please correct me, as I hope to avoid BC.

The prize is the NCAAT not the ACCT. To rest easy on Selection Sunday we must beat Ga Tech Saturday and beat Miami in the 8/9 game. Then we will be 100% in. If we beat Ga Tech then lose to Miami it's maybe 70% and you never know. If we lose to Ga Tech we are likely out even if we beat Miami (IMO). It's too bad we likely end up in the 8/9 and would face UNC if we win that first game. UNC is the only team we have no chance against. We would have a chance against anyone else. So our ceiling in the ACCT looks like 1 win if we are in the 8/9 game. But we made this bed by losing to BC in that first ACC game.

I really don't care if we are 8/9 game or some other game. 2 biggest things at this point to ensure we aren't sweating anything on Selection Sunday are:

1. Beat GT Saturday
2. Win our first game in the ACC Tournament.
-I'd much rather play against Miami than Virginia in this game, even though I don't see as Miami as an easy out with how they've been playing as of late.

I think we're in the Big Dance no matter what with a win Saturday but better safe than sorry to take care of the 2 things noted above.

-GO ORANGE!
If we want to be realistic and assume no upsets at all in the remaining regular season games, that means we can get Miami if we win against GT. There are no ideal matchups in the 8/9 (VA, Duke, Miami, or outside shot at VT). Therefore, gotta take care of business in the 8/9 and we should be in good shape. I agree GT alone probably gets us above 50/50, but 2 wins means we don't have to be a ball of stress until Sunday. Admittedly I will be stressing no matter what, but the 2 wins will help

That's my thought process too. I wonder if a GT win is better than an ACCT win over Miami. Seems like that may be the only part where we disagree at all.

That's my thought process too. I wonder if a GT win is better than an ACCT win over Miami. Seems like that may be the only part where we disagree at all.

I think we need both wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom