ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament projection 5.0 w/who we want to win this week.

All these scenarios are great but the odds of Pitt beating UVA in Charlottesville later today

We're now locked into the 8/9 against Miami, Wednesday at noon EST.

If Wake hangs on against Virginia Tech right now then we play Buzz Williams on Wednesday. Great.

If Wake hangs on against Virginia Tech right now then we play Buzz Williams on Wednesday. Great.

Nope, we've got Miami. As per Matt Park's Twitter and that scenario generator in this thread.

Nope, we've got Miami. As per Matt Park's Twitter and that scenario generator in this thread.
Ah that's right it would be a three-way tie and Va Tech the 7 seed. Thanks.

ACC Tournament Seeds:
1-UNC
2-FSU
3-5 Louisville/Duke/Notre Dame/
if Duke wins
3-5 Notre Dame/Louisville/Duke
if Duke losses
6-UVa
7-VPI
8-SU
9-UM
10-WF
11-GT
12-CU
13-NCSU
14-Pitt
15-BC

Well Wake Forest gets the nuisance game. Boston College does nothing to help them, and if they unexpectedly lose it might take them out of the tourney.

Well Wake Forest gets the nuisance game. Boston College does nothing to help them, and if they unexpectedly lose it might take them out of the tourney.

yep wake needs to beat va tech again to lock up a bid

So Louisville can't fall out of the double bye no matter what happens tonight.

Is there any way that the ACC can get 11 teams?

Syracuse beats Miami (95%+, or maybe already in with L
Wake beats BC and Virginia (95%+, or maybe already in with 2nd round L)

Then one of the following 3 would need the following at minimum to make it #11

Georgia Tech - Pitt, Wake, and Notre Dame
Clemson - NC St, Duke and Louisville
Pitt - Georgia Tech, Wake, Notre Dame, Florida St

So I have it at around 5%. 10 teams is looking fairly good at this point however.

Is there any way that the ACC can get 11 teams?

Syracuse beats Miami (95%+, or maybe already in with L
Wake beats BC and Virginia (95%+, or maybe already in with 2nd round L)

Then one of the following 3 would need the following at minimum to make it #11

Georgia Tech - Pitt, Wake, and Notre Dame
Clemson - NC St, Duke and Louisville
Pitt - Georgia Tech, Wake, Notre Dame, Florida St

So I have it at around 5%. 10 teams is looking fairly good at this point however.

wake would play va tech but your point is accurate

The 3 best teams in the ACC end up on the same side of the draw... UNC, Ville, Duke. The other side of the draw is a total crap shoot, anyone could win it. Too bad we ended up on the wrong side of the draw.

I think Miami is a good matchup for us, I was praying it wasn't Uva.
We played one of our best all around games to beat Miami - I'll take them over va but vt may have been a better matchup.

The 3 best teams in the ACC end up on the same side of the draw... UNC, Ville, Duke. The other side of the draw is a total crap shoot, anyone could win it. Too bad we ended up on the wrong side of the draw.

either side of the bracket was going to be tough.

I'm just glad we didn't get Uva, I will be happy to get one, and anything else is gravy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom