According to Andy Katz | Syracusefan.com

According to Andy Katz

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
he has been told that UConn has no shot because of Calhoun burning bridges and what happened before in 2004. Maybe BC does have some pull. Wouldn't seem like it though.

Others reporting from UL that there have been talks between the ACC and the UL Prez and AD.

he has been told that UConn has no shot because of Calhoun burning bridges and what happened before in 2004. Maybe BC does have some pull. Wouldn't seem like it though.

Others reporting from UL that there have been talks between the ACC and the UL Prez and AD.
Hopefully they're on the phone with Pitino too.

How shi.tty does UConn fan feel about their situation right now?

It simply has to be UL if the ACC does not want to risk losing FSU and Clemson.

Gotta be the Ville, Penn State was never happening and ND is a pipe dream. There the best fball school out there by far and have a good basketball and I believe baseball program. No doubt they shoudl be the choice.

I'm fine with Louisville.

It will keep Charlie Strong there and that's a good thing and will enhance the ACC Football profile.

Get it done and lets get started on putting the "ACC" logo on Ernie Davis Field.

Doesn't look like this quote has hit the boneyard yet. Bunch of posts blaming Coach P though. Anyone wanna drop it into a new thread? Stir it up a little more?

Doesn't look like this quote has hit the boneyard yet. Bunch of posts blaming Coach P though. Anyone wanna drop it into a new thread? Stir it up a little more?

That's just silly. These decisions are not based on performance this year, or last year, or the last several years.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
UConn still in the dark on ACC next move. Don't assume Huskies. Louisville is a serious player here to bump out UConn for 14th FB ACC spot.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
Interesting how West Virginia nudged out Louisville for Big 12, now Lou could do the same to UConn for ACC. The politics of college sports

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
And, when all of this shakes out, the clear-cut realignment winner of the past few years will be...Rutgers. Not even close.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
OK. Cleared my head after a workout. Maybe ACC should take both UConn and Louisville. We're past the point of odd numbers mattering.

As usual, Katz is all over the place. Which is why I take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Cheers,
Neil

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
And, when all of this shakes out, the clear-cut realignment winner of the past few years will be...Rutgers. Not even close.l

I don't know. I still think Utah. Buttgers was at least already in a BCS conference -- albeit the BE was not going to be BCS anymore. Utah went straight from the kiddie table. (My Thanksgiving metaphor of the day.)

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
OK. Cleared my head after a workout. Maybe ACC should take both UConn and Louisville. We're past the point of odd numbers mattering.

As usual, Katz is all over the place. Which is why I take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Cheers,
Neil

That one tweet makes so little sense. I figured him better than that. If odd # doesn't matter, then stay at 13. Add 2 more schools so you can split the same pot of money 2 additional ways?

Maybe he shouldn't clear his head first. Or just stick to talking to sources about college hoops teams.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
UConn still in the dark on ACC next move. Don't assume Huskies. Louisville is a serious player here to bump out UConn for 14th FB ACC spot.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
Interesting how West Virginia nudged out Louisville for Big 12, now Lou could do the same to UConn for ACC. The politics of college sports

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
And, when all of this shakes out, the clear-cut realignment winner of the past few years will be...Rutgers. Not even close.

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz

Cheers,
Neil

My bad on the phone view of twitter. It wasnt Katz that was saying that about UConn, it was someone saying it to Katz.

Edwin F. Brooks@orangeskin
@ESPNAndyKatz From what I was told, UConn has no shot because BC is opposed to them joining the ACC. Calhoun burned that bridge in 2004.

In the last 2 years watching different espn shows, between Pitino and Strong there is a lot of love for the UL brand right now. I don't think there is a better choice and helps solidify the regional matchups, which at the end of the day may be the reason why ACC is able to survive; as a result of keeping strong regional brands together and sustaining that "value". That means something to fans that would rather hate the teams they grew up hating instead of fabricating hate for another team they don't give 2 sh!ts about.

I don't know. I still think Utah. Buttgers was at least already in a BCS conference -- albeit the BE was not going to be BCS anymore. Utah went straight from the kiddie table. (My Thanksgiving metaphor of the day.)

TCU and Utah were big because they went from no BCS to BCS instantly. Although both helped themselves get there by getting to BCS games through the very small window they were presented at the time.

Rutgers was facing G5 BCS, so you have to start them from there. Which is a huge huge upgrade. And they really did nothing to get themselves there. As Forde said, they were terribly managed and perfectly located. Exactly what the B1G apparently wanted.

I would go to FSU and the football 3 right now and say, if I am the others, you can pick the replacement if you will commit right now to sticking it out through the next 12 year TV deal.

That one tweet makes so little sense. I figured him better than that. If odd # doesn't matter, then stay at 13. Add 2 more schools so you can split the same pot of money 2 additional ways?

Maybe he shouldn't clear his head first. Or just stick to talking to sources about college hoops teams.

Agreed about the odd number thing.

I'm worried that the rumblings about FSU wanting Louisville and UNC wanting UConn (mostly because they don't want the league to take the academic hit of Louisville) could be true.

The ACC cannot afford to lose either FSU or UNC.

Is the compromise of taking both even on the table?

Cheers,
Neil

What bridges did Calhoun burn? And who cares, he's gone.

Or does that mean UConn burning bridges from the lawsuit?

Still think that's silly. If they determine UConn is the best school to add, then add them. The ACC invited VaTech even though they pissed, moaned and cajoled their governor into forcing them to a vote. And they just made a big exception to their all-or-nothing policy to get a hold of ND.

It's not like these guys won't forego their feelings for the almighty dollar.

Could it be that decision makers are that short sighted? "Burning bridges"? That's crazy. There is enormous dollars at stake long term. Who the hell cares what happened 10 years ago?