Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to that airport. I was flying from Rochester to Burlington, VT. It took 8 hours and went ROC>BING>WHITE PLAINS>UTiCA>LAKE PLACID>BURLINGTON.
Should’ve rented a fully loaded Subaru, I hear you teleport automatically to a ski lodge in Vermont and the Von Trapp ladies lift their skirts up to welcome you with a couple of warm shots of maple syrup.

My juco team got into a brawl with the entire crowd at Broome CC
thats GIF

I skimmed a lot of this thread, and it just doesn't really hit me that hard. Nothing I can do about AW's situation. I'm sure JW's email is flush with angry perspectives this week letting themselves be heard.

A lot of friends texted me the night the story came out and thought it was a huge kick to the gonads. I don't know, maybe in 5 years it's the nail in the coffin and maybe it's not.

I could say what I've heard about AW, but I'm not sure it makes a difference or if it passes Socrates 3 Sieves.

Is it true? Not sure, can't confirm.
Is it good? Not really.
Is it useful? Maybe, to add some defense from the Syracuse perspective but not directly.

And I'd tell anyone that PM'd me, but I'm sure we've all heard similar stuff. Some say he's really good at saying what he's going to do and bad at doing it.

Who knows. I think I think that less NIL $ is bad. And he has NIL $. But something happened somewhere along the line to make this happen.

I skimmed a lot of this thread, and it just doesn't really hit me that hard. Nothing I can do about AW's situation. I'm sure JW's email is flush with angry perspectives this week letting themselves be heard.

A lot of friends texted me the night the story came out and thought it was a huge kick to the gonads. I don't know, maybe in 5 years it's the nail in the coffin and maybe it's not.

I could say what I've heard about AW, but I'm not sure it makes a difference or if it passes Socrates 3 Sieves.

Is it true? Not sure, can't confirm.
Is it good? Not really.
Is it useful? Maybe, to add some defense from the Syracuse perspective but not directly.

And I'd tell anyone that PM'd me, but I'm sure we've all heard similar stuff. Some say he's really good at saying what he's going to do and bad at doing it.

Who knows. I think I think that less NIL $ is bad. And he has NIL $. But something happened somewhere along the line to make this happen.
Beware of false prophets.

NIL will surface people that are into their brand and not that of Syracuse university.

This won’t make any difference if aa can or can’t coach or can or can’t recruit.

The collectives at Syracuse will be enough to compete. Our brand isn’t ephemeral we are a top 10 brand. Full stop.

Let’s see how it all plays out. My concern remains the new coaching and how it gets out of the blocks.

Adam timing his announcement to coincide with Jesse leaving has the public ready to get the pitchforks out. JW might need to address the NIL situation sooner rather than later. Getting Hunter Dickinson would put the worries to bed and nothing more would need to be said.

My understanding is that the chancellor has a much more traditional view of higher education. He does not like the type of attention that Adam has been bringing to the university.
FWIW, one of Syverud’s initiatives is pushing the academic aspect of eSports and using that as a student recruiting tool.

This idea that he’s a stuffed shirt out of the 1950s is silly.

Adam timing his announcement to coincide with Jesse leaving has the public ready to get the pitchforks out. JW might need to address the NIL situation sooner rather than later. Getting Hunter Dickinson would put the worries to bed and nothing more would need to be said.
A$$ move by Weitsman tbh. He used the university to make it about himself. And Brent Axe's article on Syracuse.com is ridiculous. He is another free PR mouthpiece for him.

FWIW, one of Syverud’s initiatives is pushing the academic aspect of eSports and using that as a student recruiting tool.

This idea that he’s a stuffed shirt out of the 1950s is silly.
Do we think that this is Syverud himself coming up with this initiative? Or do we think it’s the admissions department feeding him info that they think will hep with student recruitment?

Pretty bold announcement.

Help me out here. It is my understanding that Mr Weitsman is walking away completely because he thinks (or knows) SU does not want his high profile behavior. But what i don't understand, is if he is such a big fan and wants the programs to succeed, why wouldn't he still donate with less exposure? Now, I realize it's HIS coin, and he can do whatever he wants or not wants to do with it. But IDK, it just seems a bit strange to just walk away completely if he is indeed such a big fan. Is ego worth more than the program's success?

How does any of this affect your life?
How does anything related to a sports team you don’t play on affect your life? All the arguments, cheering, discussion etc is all for entertainment. If anyone is taking it too seriously, it’s you for even asking this question

Help me out here. It is my understanding that Mr Weitsman is walking away completely because he thinks (or knows) SU does not want his high profile behavior. But what i don't understand, is if he is such a big fan and wants the programs to succeed, why wouldn't he still donate with less exposure? Now, I realize it's HIS coin, and he can do whatever he wants or not wants to do with it. But IDK, it just seems a bit strange to just walk away completely if he is indeed such a big fan. Is ego worth more than the program's success?
Look, the guy who made a fortune in the pillow-soft world of scrap metal had his feelings hurt by rumors about a University chancellor who apparently is straight out of the Dead Poets Society administration. No one treated him this poorly when he massively expanded his Dad’s scrap metal business across territories. He can’t be expected to dial it back and just donate money for a year or so without the public stuff to let the dust settle.

lets for a second go with the narrative out there right now, I assume put forth by adam, and assume it's true.

If you tried to have a face to face with them and they don't return your calls, emails etc. and basically show you the door with the message we don't want YOU around, what would any of us do?

Just read the Axe article everyone. As i posted Kent screwed up. This one is on him.
Axe wrote two articles kissing AW’s a**, I’m not sure what to think about all that.

It is entirely of his creation. It’s well known.
Just because he wants to start a new program that will attract full pay internationals to boost revenue after reading a couple higher Ed articles, doesn’t mean he isn’t a suit and a square. And by the book. Not sure the argument holds much water to me.

Just because he wants to start a new program that will attract full pay internationals to boost revenue after reading a couple higher Ed articles, doesn’t mean he isn’t a suit and a square. And by the book. Not sure the argument holds much water to me.
Give me another example, aside from the conjecture about Weitsman, of how he's extraordinarily "by the book" to the detriment of SU?

Status
Not open for further replies.