Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven’t watched an NBA game since…..??

I’m going with 1992.
This again? Do you ask everyone this question, to show you’re better than us? Throw in age bias?

And here’s a pro tip from an Army Lieutenant General who presented at my business school - he only watches the 4th quarter in NFL games, and no NBA. Guess why?

Source:
Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Geez you’re weirdly sensitive about him.

Did I make a value judgement in my post?

If people are going to wax poetic about how much he cares about dear ol’ SU, then it’s fair to clarify that his primary public facing persona is of someone who cares very much about looking cool.
I don't understand whats wrong with self-promotion. Can he not support SU and promote himself at the same time?

Let's just end this thing and self-report.

This again? Do you ask everyone this question, to show you’re better than us? Throw in age bias?

And here’s a pro tip from an Army Lieutenant General who presented at my business school - he only watches the 4th quarter in NFL games, and no NBA. Guess why?

Source:
Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters
I ask people who trash the NBA - because usually they haven’t watched it in forever and they all repeat the same things in their criticisms.

Why would I care what said Army General thinks?

I ask people who trash the NBA - because usually they haven’t watched it in forever and they all repeat the same things in their criticisms.

Why would I care what said Army General thinks?
Correct. No one does any more about the military. But his point was that he’s too busy to invest 3-4 hours watching a sport. If it’s close, he’ll watch 1/4 of it.

But the NBA ain’t changed for the better - my criticism are players loafing 75% of the season, sitting for nearly 20 games for maintenance, and then coming alive during the playoffs. The all star game is just a slightly amplified version of many games.

Adam Weitsman might be remembered for bring Syracuse no closer to glory, and maybe bringing on an NCAA investigation.

Syracuse will be fine. More rich people like the Orange than appears on the surface
U of Florida is giving football recruits multi million dollar NIL deals but by all means NCAA investigate Syracuse. So typical. If Florida is giving out those sums imagine what Alabama and Georgia must be giving out.

Nice school and campus... and should give them a little boost. That said... lol. This fits for a number of reasons I won't get into as well. FYI like some others here this is old stomping grounds.
Coincidentally Binghamton is where my dad taught in the late 80s when I fell in love with all things Orange as a kid. Spent a decent bit of time on the campus visiting his office.

U of Florida is giving football recruits multi million dollar NIL deals but by all means NCAA investigate Syracuse. So typical. If Florida is giving out those sums imagine what Alabama and Georgia must be giving out.
there are VERY few million dollar NIL deals, let alone multi million dollar NIL deals going on.

Like I said. When does Binghamton win the natty?

Wait, he's a man of his word. And he just said yesterday that he's not doing NIL stuff with Syracuse or ANYONE. Also...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good luck getting anyone decent to go play for SUNY Binghamton. He didn't get anyone to Syracuse and we have a rich history of winning.

One of my other thoughts I forgot to mention…

These multi millionaires donate year after year… but my question is, when do the funds dry up?

If I’m a guy who is donating $1M into a collective, m I doing that in perpetuity? Usually $1M is a significant sum to put towards naming rights of some sort, or a facility.

I guess some schools have more big fish than others, but there has to come a day when the rubber meets the road and the vast majority of these kids underperform or don’t deliver championships. And then what?

Last edited:
People are just looking for someone to hate.
No. The guy wants people to "hate." All press is good press. He literally made an IG status guaranteeing SUNY Binghamton would be in the NCAA tourney next year. Then he "announces" he's not involved with Cuse NIL anymore. The guy has 19.2 million followers on instagram. That means he bought like...19 million followers. He's corny as hell and full of ish

No. The guy wants people to "hate." All press is good press. He literally made an IG status guaranteeing SUNY Binghamton would be in the NCAA tourney next year. Then he "announces" he's not involved with Cuse NIL anymore. The guy has 19.2 million followers on instagram. That means he bought like...19 million followers. He's corny as hell and full of ish
How does any of this affect your life?

This is a message board. We're commenting on the same thread, talking about the same topic, right?
I’m just asking what about any of the stuff you mentioned affects your life to the point you are compelled to spew hate?

Wait - so the reason he’s out is Kent?
Is that true?
What was Syverud’s beef with AW?

Wait - so the reason he’s out is Kent?
Is that true?
What was Syverud’s beef with AW?
My understanding is that the chancellor has a much more traditional view of higher education. He does not like the type of attention that Adam has been bringing to the university.

I’m just asking what about any of the stuff you mentioned affects your life to the point you are compelled to spew hate?
Spew hate? That's what we're considering "spewing hate?" You're acting as if the semi negative talk he gets is wildly unwarranted, I'm merely pointing out that he, at times, invites it. And I happen to find that corny.

My understanding is that the chancellor has a much more traditional view of higher education. He does not like the type of attention that Adam has been bringing to the university.
How does any of this affect your life?

I get really upset and I look to bring negativity toward things I really don’t understand.
Maybe you understand more than you and others realize and not everything is solely negative or positive, sometimes things just are. Either way, don't be so hard on yourself, it's just a message board after all. Nobody gets out alive anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.