Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone really need more details?

Nice school and campus... and should give them a little boost. That said... lol. This fits for a number of reasons I won't get into as well. FYI like some others here this is old stomping grounds.

Fly into Binghamton airport after three layovers. Stop at the Airport Inn for some wings and cornhole. Pretty sure the Airport Inn never enforced the no smoking laws, so go ahead and enjoy that.

Take in a ball game and then enjoy The Rathskeller (aka The Rat) which is, as I’ve noted on here, a place of romance and battle in downtown Bingo.
The Binghamton airport is like the TV show Wings.

Binghamton also has a weed dispensary too.

Fly into Binghamton airport after three layovers. Stop at the Airport Inn for some wings and cornhole. Pretty sure the Airport Inn never enforced the no smoking laws, so go ahead and enjoy that.

Take in a ball game and then enjoy The Rathskeller (aka The Rat) which is, as I’ve noted on here, a place of romance and battle in downtown Bingo.
Good things to do in Binghamton

1) Eat Spiedies and watch hot air balloons at the Spiediesfest
2) Eat at Cortese Restaurant
3) Go watch some great golfers at the Diks Sporting Goods Open.
4) Watch the Nationally ranked Binghamton University Bearcats basketball team

maybe he will buy “the spot” and turn it into clovers 2. Upstate shredding hot cakes served to you buy 50 cent. What a joke. Let him spend his money in Binghamton. I just hope the super fan changes his planes paint scheme.

so what.
What do you think Lebron promotes, magic, MJ, Trump for Gosh sakes put his name on everything and became President.
Geez you’re weirdly sensitive about him.

Did I make a value judgement in my post?

If people are going to wax poetic about how much he cares about dear ol’ SU, then it’s fair to clarify that his primary public facing persona is of someone who cares very much about looking cool.

I love the dummies joking like this is great news and no big deal. Same ones who wanted to end actual college basketball and turn it into the NBA were everyone is only about one's self and nobody else. Forget team sports.

I love the dummies joking like this is great news and no big deal. Same ones who wanted to end actual college basketball and turn it into the NBA were everyone is only about one's self and nobody else. Forget team sports.
You haven’t watched an NBA game since…..??

I’m going with 1992.

This movie is now at the top of my list for rewatching so I can study in detail this info you have put forth.
Worth a watch, some good laughs, spoiler alert, Rodney to co-eds in the way that only Rodney could say it with that deadpan style of his: "Stop on over and help me straighten out my Longfellow." LMAO

A couple thoughts on this...

- If Weitsman gave money to SU before NIL, before the courtside stuff, and if Syverud was annoyed by some of the antics, then what was the approach to Weitsman to ask him to tone it down? Was it confrontational? Who was the point person on telling him that he needs to adjust his ways? Was JB involved? I just have a lot of questions about this piece, because it's clear that Weitsman believes he is not wanted anymore.

- SU as an institution is going to be fine with or without Adam. That is not in question. Their endowment is fine, enrollment is fine, academic programs are fine. It's not in danger of going under, as many other private institutions are. What is, however, in question, is the viability of our athletic programs without the proper support from donors. I do not know what the capacity of our collective is. I do not know what Weitsman's annual giving has been. But I do know that the more funds you have coming in, the better it is. And the better the relationship with the donors who have the big pockets, the better chance you get transformational gifts that can help take your programs into the next generation.

- I mention JB above - if he is truly friends with this guy, and he has a job working in the department, this should be priority 1A, 1B, and 1C for him to focus on. He doesn't have to recruit, he doesn't have to go to head coach compliance meetings (if he ever had to). If he is friends with the guy, then he needs to be the conduit to mend the relationship -- if the two sides even want to mend the relationship. I hope for SU's sake, cooler heads prevail.

- Wildhack - if he sees what's unfolding publicly, with a self-promoting NIL guy coming out and pulling support, and with former student-athletes (Zaire Franklin, being one) coming out and admonishing SU for lack of understanding... whether Franklin is right or wrong, the public opinion is SU's chancellor kicked a big fan and donor to the curb. Despite what this fan forum says, that's what most see on Twitter and that's what people believe. Wildhack needs to do something to change the narrative.

Did he really insult the city though?
By saying nobody would go there and by not spelling the damn city's name right, yes.

There has never been a P in the name since the city was formed over 220 years ago.

The guy isn't a local so he doesn't care - but it's a pet peeve and has been for awhile.

By saying nobody would go there and by not spelling the damn city's name right, yes.

There has never been a P in the name since the city was formed over 220 years ago.

The guy isn't a local so he doesn't care - but it's a pet peeve and has been for awhile.
Binghamton hoops known for packing them in?

How many does their arena seat?

They ever play on TV?

You’re getting worked up for no reason. He made a point that his celeb in the front row stuff would be ridiculous at a small time program. He wasn’t even talking about the city.

Binghamton hoops known for packing them in?

How many does their arena seat?

They ever play on TV?

You’re getting worked up for no reason. He made a point that his celeb in the front row stuff would be ridiculous at a small time program. He wasn’t even talking about the city.
It's a pet peeve. It had nothing to do with his point. Spell the city's name right, is all I said.

For the record, they do actually do quite well with attendance. Not 10K but that's not what the school is and what the league they're in is.

They also have a baseball complex that would make SEC schools blush.

So is Adam like Excommunicado?
1681353195761.png

It's a pet peeve. It had nothing to do with his point. Spell the city's name right, is all I said.

For the record, they do actually do quite well with attendance. Not 10K but that's not what the school is and what the league they're in is.

They also have a baseball complex that would make SEC schools blush.
So Adam trying to bring Tom Brady to Bingumtin to sit in the front row would be absurd?

A couple thoughts on this...

- If Weitsman gave money to SU before NIL, before the courtside stuff, and if Syverud was annoyed by some of the antics, then what was the approach to Weitsman to ask him to tone it down? Was it confrontational? Who was the point person on telling him that he needs to adjust his ways? Was JB involved? I just have a lot of questions about this piece, because it's clear that Weitsman believes he is not wanted anymore.

- SU as an institution is going to be fine with or without Adam. That is not in question. Their endowment is fine, enrollment is fine, academic programs are fine. It's not in danger of going under, as many other private institutions are. What is, however, in question, is the viability of our athletic programs without the proper support from donors. I do not know what the capacity of our collective is. I do not know what Weitsman's annual giving has been. But I do know that the more funds you have coming in, the better it is. And the better the relationship with the donors who have the big pockets, the better chance you get transformational gifts that can help take your programs into the next generation.

- I mention JB above - if he is truly friends with this guy, and he has a job working in the department, this should be priority 1A, 1B, and 1C for him to focus on. He doesn't have to recruit, he doesn't have to go to head coach compliance meetings (if he ever had to). If he is friends with the guy, then he needs to be the conduit to mend the relationship -- if the two sides even want to mend the relationship. I hope for SU's sake, cooler heads prevail.

- Wildhack - if he sees what's unfolding publicly, with a self-promoting NIL guy coming out and pulling support, and with former student-athletes (Zaire Franklin, being one) coming out and admonishing SU for lack of understanding... whether Franklin is right or wrong, the public opinion is SU's chancellor kicked a big fan and donor to the curb. Despite what this fan forum says, that's what most see on Twitter and that's what people believe. Wildhack needs to do something to change the narrative.
The suggestion about JB getting involved is outstanding. He can fix this.

Yep, and the guy is also a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.