Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
International students can’t “work” while on their student visa. They can’t work in commercials or autographs and such but can make NIL from clothing.
They can do charitable work

The million dollar question nobody wants to ask Adam is whether he’s committed to this independent of any upcoming coaching changes.

Sucks to say this, but NiL now drives the bus. Coach won’t matter if we can’t get players. If his support is contingent on JAB not retiring, then so be it.

The million dollar question nobody wants to ask Adam is whether he’s committed to this independent of any upcoming coaching changes.

Sucks to say this, but NiL now drives the bus. Coach won’t matter if we can’t get players. If his support is contingent on JAB not retiring, then so be it.
He has repeatedly said he is doing it for the community. This is consistent with other 'give back' initiatives he has undertaken.

If you take him at his word, which I see no reason not to, this will continue regardless of who the coach is. And note that he has already done NIL deals with at least 2 other SU sports teams.

He clearly is not JB or bust.

He has repeatedly said he is doing it for the community. This is consistent with other 'give back' initiatives he has undertaken.

If you take him at his word, which I see no reason not to, this will continue regardless of who the coach is. And note that he has already done NIL deals with at least 2 other SU sports teams.

Agree. But I also think he's making a big push now to extend JB's tenure and help him go out with a National Title. Adam loves the program and wants to win both now and when JB's gone. He also wants football to succeed too. He bleeds Orange. We're lucky to have him.

Let's hope so because even Jay Wright will need NIL support.

I think Adam's friendship with JB does play some indirect role in how the AD/Board navigates the transition. At some level it's still a business decision. Adam's NIL resources now play a huge part. We don't have hundreds of scrap metal moguls waiting in the wings.

This news is overall very encouraging. At the end of the day, I'd rather have talented and exciting players than zero buzz around the program. I'd gladly go back to a world where we are upset that sitting in the zone cost us a sweet 16 win.

Agree. But I also think he's making a big push now to extend JB's tenure and help him go out with a National Title. Adam loves the program and wants to win both now and when JB's gone. He also wants football to succeed too. He bleeds Orange. We're lucky to have him.
National Title?
How about a tournament appearance and a top 25 ranking. Right now we are a long ways from mentioning a title.

National Title?
How about a tournament appearance and a top 25 ranking. Right now we are a long ways from mentioning a title.
I know it's aspirational but if you follow Adam's comments at all, it's part of his mindset. He's not afraid to spend big to help Jim go out on a high note. He's VERY serious about winning.

when we get our first recruit, A LOT AND I MEAN A LOT of people will owe him an apology. and i am DAMN PROUD to not be 1 of them.

the amount of times i heard on here and everywhere else "its a matter of time before he gets us in trouble" and criticism of him bringing celebs to games was outrageous and stupid.

How every Cuse fan didnt embrace him and thank him is BEYOND my capability of understanding. and if your blood is boiling with anger and resentment reading this, YOU are part of the Onondaga county study i just read about in this forum of what holds back this region is just having a general negative attitude. and its not to late to turn your life around and go to a game and be a fan of this great institution that we have in our backyards.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

Question: There’s rules against tampering and recruiting guys before they portal (which of course some dont follow). Since NIL boosters aren’t connected to the program, what’s stopping someone like Adam from calling an elite committed recruit or current player and offering a deal? If Jesse graduates can Adam call up the top centers and offer them a mil to live in syracuse?

Question: There’s rules against tampering and recruiting guys before they portal (which of course some dont follow). Since NIL boosters aren’t connected to the program, what’s stopping someone like Adam from calling an elite committed recruit or current player and offering a deal? If Jesse graduates can Adam call up the top centers and offer them a mil to live in syracuse?
Rules? In a knife fight?

He can do whatever he wants so long as he doesn’t mention anything about going to the university. It’s mutually assured destruction though, you start tampering with other teams recruits? It won’t be long before other teams do the same to you

Status
Not open for further replies.