Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torico is making over $10 million annually but I get your point. Sorry about Muir….I messed that up….he went to OCS and IC.
no harm whatsoever. I hope Mike donates liberally to the school but i'm thinking of those guys who aren't household that are worth in the 500mm and up range that donate on the backs of the DAF they created

I read the entire 34 pages of this thread….crazy. I have blind faith that Cuse will execute its NIL plan in a way that keeps us relevant. I just have faith the folks will step up and get the job done.

I also would not be surprised if fences are mended in the future as it relates to AW and the school. I believe that adult men will come to their senses and say let’s kiss and make up and get this right for the student athletes.

Cheers.

This is a small example of why social media culture is the worst.

Zaire was (and I imagine is) a total standup guy and great SU representative. On what planet is it appropriate to put that kind of knee-jerk sentiment out there? E-mail Wildhack, ask a question, express a concern. Airing grievances that way is so counterproductive. Unfortunate that that's so many people's SOP these days, even the good actors.
Bingo. People would rather wail and rail in outrage than actually do the work to solve a problem.

That's a very rational way to look at it. Here's my more pointed take:

The relationship with AW was always going to end badly. Always.

For whatever checks he actually signs and pays out for SU, he deserves thanks.

However, this divorce was not only inevitable, but is very much for the best.
then you might not like how this story and saga ends....

Duke and Villanova (and probably some other programs too) have hired people with titles like "GM of Basketball" to help teams navigate NIL, the transfer portal and athlete marketing, etc. It'd be nice to see SU follow suit. Wonder if Autry has a budget for that.

Duke and Villanova (and probably some other programs too) have hired people with titles like "GM of Basketball" to help teams navigate NIL, the transfer portal and athlete marketing, etc. It'd be nice to see SU follow suit. Wonder if Autry has a budget for that.

Don’t know what if any plans there are for a GM but SU does have a marketing/branding/licensing company that works with the athletes.

Alright guys, if you twist my arm enough….I’ll do the job.

Can you enlighten me why this is not a crisis?

Just don't want to dig through a 33 page thread.

All I know is things went sour with Sveryud & Weitsman, and Weitsman made the declaration.

To keep it simple and also not share paid content that's out there- basically the AW impact overall has been overplayed and overstated and that our NIL being severely behind everyone else without him is also overplayed. Not to say he hasn't been a positive contributor but his treatment as some sort of NIL bell cow that we are leaning on is very inaccurate. Add in that there is misperception on his impact over Elijah Moore as well as other recruiting impacts.

His lore seems to have reached mythological proportions of sorts. I'll be honest in that the outward facing stuff certainly presented that way but more and more it sounds like that is a long stretch of the truth. I'm far less convinced of this break up as meaning quite so much anymore... that said still hold hope he may come around to being a silent player too over time.

If there are more twists and turns around AW to come that are still missing... then I give up...

Don’t know what if any plans there are for a GM but SU does have a marketing/branding/licensing company that works with the athletes.
Yeah, and the transfer portal angle is probably part of the assistants' responsibilities. I just know staffs have more to deal with now than ever and I'm not sure they have everything they need to be successful, whether it's skill sets, resources from the AD or a combo. Maybe they do.

Last edited:
This is a small example of why social media culture is the worst.

Zaire was (and I imagine is) a total standup guy and great SU representative. On what planet is it appropriate to put that kind of knee-jerk sentiment out there? E-mail Wildhack, ask a question, express a concern. Airing grievances that way is so counterproductive. Unfortunate that that's so many people's SOP these days, even the good actors.
I don't disagree at all. Just pointing out that the narrative changes quickly, and that the department leader needs to act accordingly.

My first plane trip was a Mohawk BAC111 to NYC.

84454_1079159075.jpg
I would have loved to have flown on a 1-11. Never got one, even though my family and I took USAir a lot when I was a kid in the 80s. Watched plenty of them take off out of SYR though. Those things were LOUD.

He won't get the publicity from helping Binghamton.
Is he a hockey guy?

He can do for Binghamton what the Pegulas did for Pedo State if he wants. Rumors are they might manage to get into Hockey East and bypass ECAC or that crap league RIT/Niagara are in.

None of that is true about todays NBA but whatever
really? Which NBA are you watching?

Not to mention how the NBA protected Kyrie in his comments vs. see below:

LeBron James: Miami Heat Star Smart to Ignore Insane Anti-Semitic Allegations

This is today's NBA.

GMs for Duke and Villanova are more so focused on basketball roster/HS& portal scouting and getting/managing basketball players NIL deals.

GMs for Duke and Villanova are more so focused on basketball roster/HS& portal scouting and getting/managing basketball players NIL deals.

Ok? I was addressing two different things the poster mentioned. As far as your last point, again, we have people who work with the players on that.

Ok? I was addressing two different things the poster mentioned. As far as your last point, again, we have people who work with the players on that.
Yes but they work for the entire athletic department so they wouldn’t pay as much attention to basketball players than a basketball GM would

Can you enlighten me why this is not a crisis?

Just don't want to dig through a 33 page thread.

All I know is things went sour with Sveryud & Weitsman, and Weitsman made the declaration.
Well, then you know one side's version. Some people choose to believe everything he says 100%, and that's fine. Those people seem to be the most upset with how things shook out.

Status
Not open for further replies.