Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL

Does anyone on this board have any idea where his money really comes from? Is it from crypto? I just have a hard time believing he's gotten super wealthy from scrap metal. If this isn't an appropriate question to ask please feel free to delete. Just curious. (I think it's a relevant question for a fan / fan base to wonder about...)

Scrap metal and growing that business opened a lot of opportunities for him

Does anyone on this board have any idea where his money really comes from? Is it from crypto? I just have a hard time believing he's gotten super wealthy from scrap metal. If this isn't an appropriate question to ask please feel free to delete. Just curious. (I think it's a relevant question for a fan / fan base to wonder about...)

I have been operating under the assumption that he is a Jay Gatsby type character.

His reticence with respect to NIL could be a negative in the eyes of recruits and their parents, in evaluating SU.

Mind you, it’s his money and he should spend the same as he sees fit.

Scrap metal is a high-demand product. Scrap iron and steel are main ingredients for making new steel. I'm sure he's got a nice supply contract with Nucor.

His reticence with respect to NIL could be a negative in the eyes of recruits and their parents, in evaluating SU.

Mind you, it’s his money and he should spend the same as he sees fit.

I could definitely see how the SU basketball program's inability to produce the same kind of NIL outcomes that other schools are already building up could be a negative.

But I find it difficult to believe that anyone outside of CNY involved in prep basketball specifically knows who AW is.

I wonder if we keep Dior and/or Kamari Lands if Weitsman gives these kids $1M each in NIL money. I’m assuming JB doesn’t want to play NIL recruiting game due to past sanctions.

Lol, ya that wouldve done it…

I could definitely see how the SU basketball program's inability to produce the same kind of NIL outcomes that other schools are already building up could be a negative.

But I find it difficult to believe that anyone outside of CNY involved in prep basketball specifically knows who AW is.
No, but they all know who Mr. Money Bags is and what his favorite color is.

I have been operating under the assumption that he is a Jay Gatsby type character.
At first I liked this because I have used that name to describe him.

(Spoiler alert) But then I remember Gatsby is exposed as a fraud

I wonder if we keep Dior and/or Kamari Lands if Weitsman gives these kids $1M each in NIL money. I’m assuming JB doesn’t want to play NIL recruiting game due to past sanctions.
NIL is not supposed to be a vehicle to ‘give’ players cash.

Other schools may be able to offer attractive NIL packages.
Why would a potential recruit care if his NIL money comes from Adam Weitsman vs Adam Sandler vs Adam West?
No doubt he has the $ to make a difference in funding, I just don't think a recruit is going to look at an NIL offer of $100k and say, "how much of this is from Adam Weitsman?"

While that may not be how the NIL came about, it is certainly what it is being used for. Did anyone not see this coming?
It's as simple as a booster paying a recruit $100k to make a poster of him with a company logo on it. What happens with the posters is irrelevant.

Syracuse would no longer be Orange but a bunch of Junk Yard Dogs. Sanford and Son anyone?

It’s just like how you’re not suppose to drive above the speed limit but everyone does it.

Why would a potential recruit care if his NIL money comes from Adam Weitsman vs Adam Sandler vs Adam West?
No doubt he has the $ to make a difference in funding, I just don't think a recruit is going to look at an NIL offer of $100k and say, "how much of this is from Adam Weitsman?"

hey!

it's the family/estate of Adam West. RIP

It’s just like how you’re not suppose to drive above the speed limit but everyone does it.

Who’s everyone?

Ultimately, it comes from Adams ability to trust his gut and his imagination. That’s at the core of all very successful individuals!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom