Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

JB deserves a great retirement. He doesn’t need to accomplish anything else. He always wanted to prove others wrong and he did very well for 47 years at that. Can’t thank him enough for his achievements and what he has done for our community…

Moving forward, I promise you all when you get to see Red how I’ve been able to see him and play golf with him and everything like that, I truly can’t think of a better guy, better candidate or better ambassador for this program to take control. This is great greeat news and you all will come to love him I promise you that. He takes a genuine interest in everyone. He is everything you want from being engaging and being supportive to alums, fans but most importantly the players. They absolutely love him. He is going to work harder than anyone you can imagine because he knows how truly special his opportunity is. Please support him and Go orange !
I played a round with him this year at Tusky not a tournament, he was just heading out To play and hooked up with our group. Nicest guy who took an interest in me as a person which I appreciated. We didn’t talk SU hoops, we talk about him being a father and handling his sons recruitment, we talked about his lovely wife and her involvement in numerous community engagements, we talked about sports in general but also a lot about golf and how much he loves it. I was convinced right then he would be a good head coach. I think he will be a welcome breath of fresh air. Wishing him the best!

I don't know what do say ...

One hand sad that JB went out the way he did not only the last couple of seasons but the PC today...
On another hand I am happy for Red and hope he succeeds here and he needs to get started now...
On another hand extremely frustrated that we didn't exhaust all options to find a replacement and took the easy way out...
On another hand excited for change...
That’s ALL OF YOUR HANDS!

Unfortunately Im not sure he’ll get the level of appreciation posts as he deserves but theres a list of reasons for that.

Havent the time to turn on espn tonight but hope they’re giving him some of his due

I'm glad the fair weather fans got what they wanted. Can't wait for the Louisville-level slide into last place for many years to come. Or at least until we can pick from the HOF coaches tree that want to come to Syracuse NY.
Being a mid-table ACC team is just so tempting, I know.

Unfortunately Im not sure he’ll get the level of appreciation posts as he deserves but theres a list of reasons for that.

Havent the time to turn on espn tonight but hope they’re giving him some of his due

I've been calling for him to retire for a number of years and I gave him a nice appreciation post a bit ago.

Just because I don't like how he went out (starting with the Hop debacle) doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he's done for the program for the majority of his career here. I'd venture many who wanted him out also appreciate the totality of his career here. It's not an either/or.

Last edited:
I've been calling for him to retire for a number of years and I gave him a nice appreciation post.

Just because I don't like how he went out (starting with the Hop debacle) doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he's done for the program for the majority of his career here. I'd venture many who wanted him out also appreciate the totality of his career here. It's not and either/or.
Talking more about twitter/colleagues/big names

I've been calling for him to retire for a number of years and I gave him a nice appreciation post.

Just because I don't like how he went out (starting with the Hop debacle) doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he's done for the program for the majority of his career here. I'd venture many who wanted him out also appreciate the totality of his career here. It's not and either/or.
100%

All appreciation to JB for creating the Cuse cult. I do think the school did him a favor by making a decision for him that he clearly wasn't capable of making himself. I also think he owed the school better at the end off the court.

I'm all in on Team Red.

watching Seton Hall-DePaul on FS1.Said they will have JB on the postgame show.
Dog Flex GIF by chescaleigh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom