Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

I might be the only one here but I don’t feel great about Autry as head coach. Just too unproven to rebuild a struggling program with so much history. I’m not a fan. Would have loved at least a search then if you don’t find a great match, you say Autry was better than any coaches that we interviewed

I feel the exact opposite. Red Autry has good recruiting ties to the DMV area and is well-respected by current players.

I've wanted this for a few years now, but man does this hit hard. He's a complicated interesting man that seems to engender a lot of loyalty from those who know him, which matters a lot in life. He's responsible for so much happiness in my life because of the program he built.

Did we not do a national search?

It doesn't appear to be the case. Regardless of what you opined in a couple of the other threads on this topic, all of your alleged extensive due diligence, etc., you spewed that took place, there simply isn't any objective proof of it.

No different than anyone's viewpoint, folks believe what they voluntarily want/chose to believe.

Cuse.com is just a picture show for now.

I don't know what do say ...

One hand sad that JB went out the way he did not only the last couple of seasons but the PC today...
On another hand I am happy for Red and hope he succeeds here and he needs to get started now...
On another hand extremely frustrated that we didn't exhaust all options to find a replacement and took the easy way out...
On another hand excited for change...

I really wish we would’ve done a national search.
Then you are locked in for huge money and can’t fire the guy.

Also no one can dump their team right now and take this job before the postseason.

The AD did a nice job not wasting time and putting Autry in a strong position to build his team and staff. You hire him in 3 weeks and that screams that 5 guys turned us down.

I don't know what do say ...

One hand sad that JB went out the way he did not only the last couple of seasons but the PC today...
On another hand I am happy for Red and hope he succeeds here and he needs to get started now...
On another hand extremely frustrated that we didn't exhaust all options to find a replacement and took the easy way out...
On another hand excited for change...

Yup.

All of that makes sense, and basically right there with you.

Hopefully they gave him the job he wanted.
Don't think it was a job he wanted, just a good recommendation for his next job as assistant to Gerry wherever Gerry lands.

I’m truly saddened by this whole situation. Thank you Coach Boeheim for being a Syracuse ambassador. I don’t know what else to say. I met him in the locker room right after the national title win and it was such a great thrill to meet him and thank Jim for finally bringing the title to Syracuse.

Then you are locked in for huge money and can’t fire the guy.

Also no one can dump their team right now and take this job before the postseason.

The AD did a nice job not wasting time and putting Autry in a strong position to build his team and staff. You hire him in 3 weeks and that screams that 5 guys turned us down.
That’s usually what happens when you want to hire a top flight head coach. Syracuse basketball is still a brand and we have the resources and means to have a national search for a basketball coach.

I've wanted this for a few years now, but man does this hit hard. He's a complicated interesting man that seems to engender a lot of loyalty from those who know him, which matters a lot in life. He's responsible for so much happiness in my life because of the program he built.
100% agreed, feeling the same way. Punch to the gut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom