Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

Yup. Todays press conference appears to be JBs way of saying “what is coming today wasn’t my idea”. The word “retirement” is not included in that release….so you know what it wasn’t.

Sad that JBs endorsement of Red could not be included or would not be included. That’s too bad.

In a few years JB will regret how this played out. He left in a spiteful manner. I hope he issues a statement supporting Red at some point soon.

If not, it will be petty. He’s pouring gasoline on his legacy and tossing in a match.
You’re assuming that it is all over - we’ll see.

Fun post!
I wonder how long it will be before Head Coach Autry will be attacked here by the critical fans about his success/failures at the portal or recruiting or wins/losses. Hope he is a strong person enough to weather the eventual storm.

I hope that they give HC Autry at least 1 year grace period before the boo birds start whining about him.

Good bye Jim, enjoy your retirement with Julie and the family.

Congratulations, Adrian on your appointment. Hope you have a position for GMAC.

So, the part about JB stepping down is certainly questionable, but at least the basketball part of one of my rare 'insider' nuggets seems to have had some legs.

I would love a Doug 2.0. I just think he hates college football and hates it even more with NIL and the portal

Yup. Todays press conference appears to be JBs way of saying “what is coming today wasn’t my idea”. The word “retirement” is not included in that release….so you know what it wasn’t.

Sad that JBs endorsement of Red could not be included or would not be included. That’s too bad.

In a few years JB will regret how this played out. He left in a spiteful manner. I hope he issues a statement supporting Red at some point soon.

If not, it will be petty. He’s pouring gasoline on his legacy and tossing in a match.
It was the worst coaching handoff I have ever seen

We are all here because of Jim Boeheim
Totally agree. But JB himself would say (and has said in his book) that his players made him. And the fans in Central New York. When he wants to be humble he’s capable of it. But his ego sometimes (maybe often) gets the best of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom