AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

Exciting main event match between Moxley and Darby Allen with a hot crowd. That was all I saw because of the Cuse game, but that match was fun.
Mox played the crowd well

NXT edged AEW for the first time, 916,000 to 893,000. AEW won every demo except over 50. So the hotshot influx of WWE talent worked. Problem is, can they continue to put all that WWE talent on NXT? People are already tuning out of Raw and Smackdown at least in part due to overexposure.

If I'm AEW, I'm happy with this result. They've got a loaded card next week, it will be interesting what NXT does to counter.

NXT edged AEW for the first time, 916,000 to 893,000. AEW won every demo except over 50. So the hotshot influx of WWE talent worked. Problem is, can they continue to put all that WWE talent on NXT? People are already tuning out of Raw and Smackdown at least in part due to overexposure.

If I'm AEW, I'm happy with this result. They've got a loaded card next week, it will be interesting what NXT does to counter.
Damn Boomers.

Just watching Wednesday’s episode now. The opening segment...ridiculous and amazing at the same time. Even Jericho’s dad was heeling it up, lmao.

Bautista and NWO (Hogan, Nash, Hall, Waltman) headline 2020 WWE HOF Class

Loved last night’s episode.

One thing that stands out to me with AEW that I like is that nothing exists in a vacuum. Just because someone is in a feud, doesn’t mean he has nothing else going on. Like, these guys are allowed to like and dislike multiple guys at the same time and have smaller stories going on at the same time as other bigger stories. Stuff WWE used to do, but hasn’t in years.

Yikes I haven''t watched much wrestling lately but AEW is catching some crap for this. Several WWE guys including Orton were having fun with this on twitter.

Yikes I haven''t watched much wrestling lately but AEW is catching some crap for this. Several WWE guys including Orton were having fun with this on twitter.

It was what it was designed to be: A gift to the fans of having the owner take the bump.

Orton wanted big bucks to jump to AEW, but they chose Jericho instead, which I think was wise. Jericho is really the lead dog for that brand. As good a wrestler as Orton is, he's always struck me as boring, And he doesn't have anything close to Jericho's charisma.

BTW, Raw drew its second-lowest rating of the modern era last night--1.84 mill. I know it was a holiday show, but that's still pretty bad.

Only lower rating was last year's Christmas show, which actually ran on Christmas Eve.

Last edited:
This week's ratings:

AEW: 967,000
NXT: 548,000.

NXT had a 'best-of/awards' show, so the AEW win was not unexpected. But 967K is a great number, especially since the Rose Bowl drew a huge rating.

I don't think they're working together as companies, there seems to be some bad blood there, but Jericho and Moxley have deals where they can work for them.

Which I guess seems confusing.

Yes, but something important has changed, which may lead to an eventual alliance between the two companies: AXS inexplicably dropped New Japan for, wait for it, TNA, or whatever they call themselves now. Actually, it's, um, explicable. Anthem, which owns Impact Wrestling, bought AXS. Then dropped NJPW, which had attracted a large audience. Idiocy.

Meaning, NJPW needs AEW more than AEW needs NJPW.

This week's ratings:

NXT had a 'best-of/awards' show, so the AEW win was not unexpected. But 967K is a great number, especially since the Rose Bowl drew a huge rating.

Seems like AEW has a pretty solid, steady audience so far. I think the Moxley-Jericho angle has major potential too. Cody-MJF does too. I would think the ratings would stay good with those feuds on the horizon.

This week's ratings:

Was NXT a full 2 hour show? i was flipping over looking for it, and the guide said NXT from 8-10, but I def checked between 8-9 and something else was on. Then I forgot and didnt check any more.

Was NXT a full 2 hour show? i was flipping over looking for it, and the guide said NXT from 8-10, but I def checked between 8-9 and something else was on. Then I forgot and didnt check any more.

Yes it was. Between highlights of the best matches of the year, there was a lot of dopey prattle.

Yes it was. Between highlights of the best matches of the year, there was a lot of dopey prattle.

It's so weird, I swear I put it on between 8 and 9 and they were showing something else!

It's so weird, I swear I put it on between 8 and 9 and they were showing something else!
It was a waste of 2 hours imo. Awards show and top matches of the year. A lot of fast forwarding.

Last night's ratings:

AEW: 947,000
NXT: 721,000

AEW had probably its worst segment of all time, featuring Brandi Rhodes as a heel and the so-called Nightmare Collective. This needs to die. Quickly. But there was a great segment where Moxley pretended to
join Jericho's group, got the keys to the luxury car that Jericho had promised him, and then bopped Jericho over the head with a bottle of the bubbly, and made his getaway. We've talked about what a great heel that MJF is. But Sammy Guevara as a punk heel is in his class. I just LOVE to hate him.

NXT had solid wrestling, but some of the participants were from NXT Britain, and aren't well-known. This guy Matt Riddle is amazing on the mike. A great stoner character. I just hope that Vince doesn't ruin him.

Neither show had a blow-away match, with the best probably being Dustin/Cody vs. the Lucha Brothers.

Last night's ratings:

AEW had probably its worst segment of all time, featuring Brandi Rhodes as a heel and the so-called Nightmare Collective. This needs to die. Quickly. But there was a great segment where Moxley pretended to
join Jericho's group, got the keys to the luxury car that Jericho had promised him, and then bopped Jericho over the head with a bottle of the bubbly, and made his getaway. We've talked about what a great heel that MJF is. But Sammy Guevara as a punk heel is in his class. I just LOVE to hate him.

NXT had solid wrestling, but some of the participants were from NXT Britain, and aren't well-known. This guy Matt Riddle is amazing on the mike. A great stoner character. I just hope that Vince doesn't ruin him.

Neither show had a blow-away match, with the best probably being Dustin/Cody vs. the Lucha Brothers.

I hated Sammy the first time I saw him on camera, without even knowing who he was. Like...I want to fight him.

The Moxley segment was fun.

Last night's ratings:

I hated Sammy the first time I saw him on camera, without even knowing who he was. Like...I want to fight him.

The Moxley segment was fun.

Guevara has loads of potential. He will be around a long time, I got a feeling.